Sponsored

What's Bronco missing that "high tech / lux SUVs" have?

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't mind not having ALL the "Bells & Whistles" as long as the price of the vehicle reflects that which is NOT the case with the 6G Bronco. I guess Ford took this cue from Toyota. "Deliver less, charge more".
Supply and demand. Limited supply for lots of demand=higher prices. Simple economics.
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder, does this guy know how phallic ???that fort pic looks?!???
Yeah, let's mock the oldest city in America and one of the oldest structures in America with a sophomoric reference to eggplant. You obviously know nothing about history. Please don't visit North Florida.

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Power seats in 2 door with leather
  • Seat position memory for the configurations that do have power seats
  • Power adjusting and telescoping steering wheel
  • Cooled seats
  • Auto-dimming side mirrors
  • Power folding mirrors
I realize some of this stuff doesn't fit the idea with an off-road vehicle, but I'm thinking of the Outer Banks trim here.

OP
OP
pony2bronco

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

• Cooled seats
  • Power folding mirrors
I realize some of this stuff doesn't fit the idea with an off-road vehicle, but I'm thinking of the Outer Banks trim here.
I adamantly hate leather (heat) after being stuck with it for 10 years so I'll be going cloth on the Bronco, but the idea of cooled seats sounds pretty sweet. I had no idea that existed.

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You get it! #2doorproblems
Yeah, let's mock the oldest city in America and one of the oldest structures in America with a sophomoric reference to eggplant. You obviously know nothing about history. Please don't visit North Florida.
[/QUOTE
I live in Orlando. My first trip to Castillo de San Marco was in 91. Still had water in the moat and barracuda swimming. My I’ve spent many evenings since sitting on that wall between the moat and the water contemplating life. Love the city and the area. Just never noticed how much it looked like a penis till his profile pic. Not mocking the city. But I would bet at some point in 1695, when the Spaniards finished, some one wondered something similar! Chill out, and also never discouraged tourist from bringing cash to your tourist town. Been a rough year and I’m sure some B&b owners want to save their businesses regardless of an eggplant emoji or 3.

Sponsored

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in Orlando. My first trip to Castillo de San Marco was in 91. Still had water in the moat and barracuda swimming. My I’ve spent many evenings since sitting on that wall between the moat and the water contemplating life. Love the city and the area. Just never noticed how much it looked like a penis till his profile pic. Not mocking the city. But I would bet at some point in 1695, when the Spaniards finished, some one wondered something similar! Chill out, and also never discouraged tourist from bringing cash to your tourist town. Been a rough year and I’m sure some B&b owners want to save their businesses regardless of an eggplant emoji or 3.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Half of these vehicles have so many buttons and knobs on them now a days that you can’t even figure out how to start it. Well, where the heck does the key go? :mad:
Ha well it's push to start so I guess, your pocket?
Woah, chill out there guy! I'm with you 100%, my only difference being that I'm against the idea that the Bronco doesn't have modern features. The Audi Q that the inlaws just got doesn't really have much of anything that my WT won't include. The few it does, I'm glad the Bronco doesn't. At the end of the day I am dropping near $60k for a vehicle in the 2020s, so I do want to be sure that I'm not going back to 2010 tech wise just to hit the trails, but on my side I feel pretty satisfied.

EDIT: To add, I do think I sunk their argument when I showed them the high pack trail cam w/ the birds eye view
My fiance just bought a BMW x3 and it's loaded with modern features. I think she paid like 45k for it so it's 10k less than my Bronco. But rest assured the Bronco has ALL the features the x3 has. Maybe missing 1 or 2 such as memory seats. I'm very satisfied with the lux package
  • Cooled seats
  • Power folding mirrors
I think this about covers it
I adamantly hate leather (heat) after being stuck with it for 10 years so I'll be going cloth on the Bronco, but the idea of cooled seats sounds pretty sweet. I had no idea that existed.
It's the first thing I noticed the Bronco doesn't have. My 2011 kia has heated and cooled seats. And yep, both are put to good use! I'll live without the cooled seats but just wanted to mention that it's not a gimmick

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife has an old Lexus ES350 that has it. After I was ready by to replace my 2010 Fusion S, one of my requirements was cooled seats, so my current 2015 Lincoln MKZ has them. The cooled seats are very, very nice! Living in South Florida, I use the feature all the time.

I will definitely miss it!

For me, cloth seats are too hard to clean and tend to look bad after not too long. I didn't like them on my Fusion. It was like they made them out of plastic bottles or something.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All the old [and new] explorers and conquistadors thought with a dirty mind after spending months and years at sea away from women lol
So you're probably right!
It was interesting learning the literal translation of The Grand Teton mountains, when I visited Wyoming this past summer.

*giggity*

Last edited:

Sponsored

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Spec'ing out an outer banks to 50k and it still having cloth seats. And apparently the cloth seats on the 4 door don't have power?

I've never dreamed of spending 50k on a vehicle before. I know the cost is because other non luxury bits but don't go looking at what 50k gets you from other manufacturers. I have to keep reminding myself this otherwise I feel slightly insulted ?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It isn't a debate about the purpose of the vehicle. But rather the minimum standard features that are expected when paying $50K.
So I'd rather have the build cost in the durability of the off-road components vs. the "phone app" tech. Id rather have beefed-up springs, shocks, A-arms/Control arms, and half-shafts, and beefy suspension links in the rear suspension*. I don't need a vehicle that steers and stops for me because that's what I get paid to do... drive it. I don't need a rear backup camera with guidelines and a beeping bumper sensor array. A 360 deg. camera for what? BLIS? what happens when the one time you rely on it and it fails? Auto-dimming mirrors never dim fast enough for me; I anticipate-dim... LOL. All of the luxury tech in the Mid-package and up are unnecessary for me personally, so the BD hits the sweet spot build-wise. I'd like to have the B&O system if it actually sounds decent and has good power, but this is an off-road based vehicle with a thin plastic roof, big tires, and removable doors and roof, so no sound system is going to do well in that noisy environment, so I'm not that concerned.

I get it that all of the above is my personal preference, but Ford packaged it so I don't have to buy it; good on them! I'm a bit leery of the pre-collision braking tech and need to understand what that is. Ford needs that junk and the lane-assist tech because they put a big screen in the dash which de-focuses the drivers attention to the road. I'd rather not have the screen; saves a lot of headache that way.

* If Ford was really bold, it would have put an independent rear suspension on the New Bronco; that would have seriously put it out of reach of a Wrangler.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My f150 & wife’s grand cherokee has all the bells & whistles compared to a loaded 4dr BL w/ lux package that comes in at $58k (and thats non-squatch). My biggest gripe (dont get me started on the wife’s list after having her run through the b&p last night) is lack of memory position seating with the leather/power seat option. Every time I drive her jeep or she drives my truck, we hit the assigned button and seat/pedals move.

this Bronco will be her’s but at this time, I can say she is 150% turned off by Ford’s interior options, continuous antics and more.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All the old [and new] explorers and conquistadors thought with a dirty mind after spending months and years at sea away from women lol
So you're probably right!
It was interesting learning the literal translation of The Grand Teton mountains, when I visited Wyoming this past summer.

*giggity*
Worst yet was Rockefeller owned them originally. :ROFLMAO:

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My f150 & wife’s grand cherokee has all the bells & whistles compared to a loaded 4dr BL w/ lux package that comes in at $58k (and thats non-squatch). My biggest gripe (dont get me started on the wife’s list after having her run through the b&p last night) is lack of memory position seating with the leather/power seat option. Every time I drive her jeep or she drives my truck, we hit the assigned button and seat/pedals move.

this Bronco will be her’s but at this time, I can say she is 150% turned off by Ford’s interior options, continuous antics and more.
Yep. I press 2 in her BMW and she presses 1. And we are off in a few seconds at our seat position

To be frank, I don't really see her driving my Bronco much so it's not a huge issue

(Kudos to you for having a patient enough wife that goes through the b&p with you ?)
Sponsored