Sponsored

What's Bronco missing that "high tech / lux SUVs" have?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've not yet seen a New Bronco, but I'll just guess that the 2-door version does not have electric front seats to aid the ingress/egress of getting in the back seat. Adding electric drives to the seats slows down the ability of the seat to be quickly moved forward to gain access to the rear seat. Just a guess.
I just sold my first gen 4 runner. I think the power seats option is eliminated on two door to allow quick exit of the vehicle from the rear seat. My 88 yota had a one push foot plate that broke the front seat forward and released lower track for the seat to go all the way against the dash giving as much room as possible for back seaters. Imagine squeezing your arm around the side and waiting 20 or 30 seconds for the seat to creep forward enough to let u out. Just my thinking. ( also every time I see u post I wonder, does this guy know how phallic ???that fort pic looks?!???
I can accept the reasoning that you both provided for passengers entering/exiting from the back. But if that is the reason, then the price should reflect a discount for not offering the functionality. Charging the same doesn't provide equal value. At the very least, the driver's seat for 2-dr buyers should be power as we all know passengers get out via the passenger door. It is an unspoken rule not to move the driver's seat in a 2-dr. It reminds me of the one early walk-around videos where the guy clumsily demonstrates how to get in the back seat via the driver's side.
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in Orlando. My first trip to Castillo de San Marco was in 91. Still had water in the moat and barracuda swimming. My I’ve spent many evenings since sitting on that wall between the moat and the water contemplating life. Love the city and the area. Just never noticed how much it looked like a penis till his profile pic. Not mocking the city. But I would bet at some point in 1695, when the Spaniards finished, some one wondered something similar! Chill out, and also never discouraged tourist from bringing cash to your tourist town. Been a rough year and I’m sure some B&b owners want to save their businesses regardless of an eggplant emoji or 3.
We have enough Florida Man here.

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can accept the reasoning that you both provided for passengers entering/exiting from the back. But if that is the reason, then the price should reflect a discount for not offering the functionality. Charging the same doesn't provide equal value. At the very least, the driver's seat for 2-dr buyers should be power as we all know passengers get out via the passenger door. It is an unspoken rule not to move the driver's seat in a 2-dr. It reminds me of the one early walk-around videos where the guy clumsily demonstrates how to get in the back seat via the driver's side.
Yes, it is a rule to never move the driver's seat unless there is a memory feature, especially if the vehicle is a manual transmission.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly , there is no reason Ford should be charging the same price for the 2 dr leather package as the 4 dr if the 2dr does not get the power seats . With that being said , watch them raise the price of the 4dr leather instead of dropping the 2 dr to $1500 like they should .

Sponsored

BDub

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just out of curiosity, what kind of tech toys or luxury items (if any) are we going to be missing out on with a Bronco? Trying to settle a Christmas argument.
Other luxury suv's are available now.:rolleyes:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly , there is no reason Ford should be charging the same price for the 2 dr leather package as the 4 dr if the 2dr does not get the power seats . With that being said , watch them raise the price of the 4dr leather instead of dropping the 2 dr to $1500 like they should .
$1500 would be a better value for sure. I was thinking like $1895 as a minimum discount.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep. I press 2 in her BMW and she presses 1. And we are off in a few seconds at our seat position

To be frank, I don't really see her driving my Bronco much so it's not a huge issue

(Kudos to you for having a patient enough wife that goes through the b&p with you ?)
She had been wanting to know why I hadn't sat down and explained everything Bronco option wise. Last night we both had our laptops, each built a Bronco spec for her and compared. I had to keep her on track a few times as she fumbled through the b&p screaming profanities left & right. I didnt know she could have such strong feelings about a vehicle but she definitely did. Then I saw her immediately jumping to Jeep and Toyota websites, exactly what Im trying to prevent.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like features. If we put it against my similarly-priced Flex, it lacks power seats, cooled seats, power-folding mirrors, power tilt/telescopic column, pedal adjustment, and active park assist.

All except power seats I feel Ford could have engineered in. I assume there's restrictions in power seats for rear seat access / emergency egress.

I know so many people hate features like radar cruise or backup cameras, but I love them. When you're on a hilly road stuck behind a semi and 6 cars, unable to pass, it's so nice to not constantly regulate your speed. I mostly got it for driving in Minnesota where nobody uses cruise.
Backup camera? I can't count the number of times I simply couldn't see the aisle behind me by manually looking. The camera is a set of eyes as the rear, not the front.

Front camera too, pretty handy with boxy vehicles ;)

IMAG0426.jpg

Last edited:

mac62989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma Sport Access Cab, 2001 Trans AM WS6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The inability to get things as simple as heated seats, dual zone temp control, and lighted vanity mirrors in a vehicle that costs $40k just because I want a manual BD. What is this 1995? Shit pisses me off every time I think about it..

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just out of curiosity, what kind of tech toys or luxury items (if any) are we going to be missing out on with a Bronco? Trying to settle a Christmas argument.
My answer to your question would be dependent on what specifically is this Christmas argument... and which side of it you are trying to win. And depending on what vehicles you are arguing about that have all these "missing" lux items, you must also ask what features does the Bronco have that would be missing from those other vehicles.

Plus... my perspective on what constitutes luxury and high tech might be a bit different than yours. Six of the ten cars at our house are from the 1970s, my "luxury" daily driver is 22 years old, and my Bronco will be replacing a '95 Dakota I recently sold that had a tape deck, split manual bench seat, and crank windows. ?

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They are missing a 4-pot diesel option.

Zindius

Badlands