Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ya I saw that, but do we think that will add enough strength to safely use those 37s or do we think an upgrade to chrome molly axels are in there short future?
I am assuming they have equivalent kits out for Wranglers already. If its good enough for them, its good enough for us. If these aren't heavy enough for you, you will probably swapping axles too because why not.
Sponsored

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of the reason tire/wheel size has increased over time is rotor size has increased. I'm just guessing, but the 6G Bronco probably has larger (more) rotors than the previous version(s).

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ZackDanger, I am trying to explain that within reasonable tire sizes (which I would argue includes 37's) your braking system will only be overloaded by excessive additional vehicle mass. Converting your vehicle speed into brake heat is what all brakes do and the ability to do so is more or less constant as you trade brake rotor speed with brake rotor torque. They are 2 halves of the same power equation. Hypothetically you could add much larger tires in which the brake torque limit falls below your tire traction limit. Hypothetically you should also swap in larger axles with proportionally heavier braking systems.

Edit: I see you were joking ;)

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am going to start two threads after seeing this.

Thread 1: Will it fit in my 7’ garage.
Thread 2: Is this a 2.3 or 2.7... I can’t decide.
Start a thread for gofundme to fund the garage renovation :)

Sponsored

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ZackDanger, I am trying to explain that within reasonable tire sizes (which I would argue includes 37's) your braking system will only be overloaded by excessive additional vehicle mass. Converting your vehicle speed into brake heat is what all brakes do and the ability to do so is more or less constant as you trade brake rotor speed with brake rotor torque. They are 2 halves of the same power equation. Hypothetically you could add much larger tires in which the brake torque limit falls below your tire traction limit. Hypothetically you should also swap in larger axles with proportionally heavier braking systems.

Edit: I see you were joking ;)
Am I the only one on this forum who reads stuff like this and feels less intelligent? You're the guy who takes an IQ test and breezes through the "fold these flat shapes into 3D boxes in your mind" section, and I'm the one who says "ok, I'll skip this section, and come back to it....and never do.

I'm going to solve this whole debate right now-I'm not buying/installing 37s an will rely on my factory brakes.
I know, genius right?

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

"
Heckin' Chonker | Fair State Brewing Cooperativehttps://fairstate.coop › Stout
A big, luxurious brew. Blended bourbon barrel-aged pastry stout with vanilla. Tasting Notes. Big, sticky, vanilla, oak, spirit character, chocolate
"
oh damn that sounds good

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Am I the only one on this forum who reads stuff like this and feels less intelligent? You're the guy who takes an IQ test and breezes through the "fold these flat shapes into 3D boxes in your mind" section, and I'm the one who says "ok, I'll skip this section, and come back to it....and never do.

I'm going to solve this whole debate right now-I'm not buying/installing 37s an will rely on my factory brakes.
I know, genius right?
I can tell you that I have driven on and off road newer JL Rubicons with 37's with OEM brakes and they handled the 37's without an issue. Was braking as nice as stock, no. I wonder how the JL Rubicon brakes stack up next to the Broncos'?

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wait, I thought the Outer Banks Broncos would only be good for going to the mall in.

?

Sponsored

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

37's and a little lift look amazing on the bronco.

I'm sticking with the Sasquatch and 35's for a few years (maybe ;))

~2 inch lift and 37's will be in my future though.

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can tell you that I have driven on and off road newer JL Rubicons with 37's with OEM brakes and they handled the 37's without an issue. Was braking as nice as stock, no. I wonder how the JL Rubicon brakes stack up next to the Broncos'?
Yeah, I have no doubt, but I can't justify rolling around on 37s, not right now. Biggest I've ever driven are 35s and didn't notice any issue with braking, but it wasn't off road, so I'm not a fair judge.

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

One of the reason tire/wheel size has increased over time is rotor size has increased. I'm just guessing, but the 6G Bronco probably has larger (more) rotors than the previous version(s).
Best guess scaling looks like 11" rotor diameter.

Ford Bronco 37’s and Fox Suspension on Bronco Outer Banks @ King of Hammers (KOH) D906D258-B5E8-4755-9471-6C8EF85CB723
Sponsored