Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, F250 (7.3l), '23 Integra, RDX, Saab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been traveling a significant portion of last year and almost all of this year, so far. I have not had time to completely determine what I am going to order, and time is running out, so I determined it best to switch to MY22. My dealer has informed me that I need to put down a $1,500 non-refundable deposit, regardless of what MY I am set up with. I don't see an opportunity to get there to give the deposit, and don't really want to throw out a deposit that may be for a year out. I don't have a problem putting in the deposit on the final order, just doesn't seem right when it isn't really ordered yet.

How do I find and switch to a dealer that will not require this early deposit? Do I need to contact Ford at any point?

Thanks,
Sponsored

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Call dealers in your area and gauge their interest and have them answer any questions you may have.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting what the various dealers are requiring...no deposit, large deposit, refundable, non-refundable. Not all dealers are requiring a deposit and many that do are refundable. I'd start shopping dealers and transfer.

OP
OP
Automator59

Automator59

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't mid a deposit, even non-refundable, at the time it is an actual order. But, I'm not comfortable doing so to reserve a spot for a year wait.

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't mid a deposit, even non-refundable, at the time it is an actual order. But, I'm not comfortable doing so to reserve a spot for a year wait.
Can't say I blame you. Not sure of your location but there are numerous threads here of people transferring dealers for a better deal. Do a search here or Google.

OP
OP
Automator59

Automator59

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have received one response from a local dealer and they said they couldn't change it and I had to do it through the dealer I am with. I only have a 2nd day $100 reservation, no actual order. I am actually #2 in line at the dealership if I was to order a MY21

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If they want a nonrefundable deposit you should ask for a specific date to get your vehicle or you start assessing penalties on them. It has to be refundable...So many things could change.

Ecobeast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have received one response from a local dealer and they said they couldn't change it and I had to do it through the dealer I am with. I only have a 2nd day $100 reservation, no actual order. I am actually #2 in line at the dealership if I was to order a MY21
if it is still just a reservation then it’s just a quick phone call to Ford and you can move it anywhere you want. The whole process will take about 10 mins. Once it gets converted to an order it’s trickier to move but not impossible. Just more phone calls and waiting.

Sponsored

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have been traveling a significant portion of last year and almost all of this year, so far. I have not had time to completely determine what I am going to order, and time is running out, so I determined it best to switch to MY22. My dealer has informed me that I need to put down a $1,500 non-refundable deposit, regardless of what MY I am set up with. I don't see an opportunity to get there to give the deposit, and don't really want to throw out a deposit that may be for a year out. I don't have a problem putting in the deposit on the final order, just doesn't seem right when it isn't really ordered yet.

How do I find and switch to a dealer that will not require this early deposit? Do I need to contact Ford at any point?

Thanks,
i was tagged so i can hijack your thread...switch to me, $100 refundable, 3% under invoice...

to transfer, call 800 CRC #, res gets transferred within 15 minutes (as along as it hasnt been converted to an order...thats another process)

edit...i just read the top of the thread...says your at a 99...which means you have been converted...so the process is, make a new res with a new dealer...call the CRC, give them your old # and new res #...let them know your old # was converted without consent and u want a timestamp transfer...get a case #...some have gone thru within 2 days...others have been taking longer...let me know how i may help

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think he still has a reservation, not yet converted. I think he WANTS to convert to a code 99 for MY22. That's how I read it, might be wrong.

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think he still has a reservation, not yet converted. I think he WANTS to convert to a code 99 for MY22. That's how I read it, might be wrong.
i think u may be right...either way, i got him covered with both scenarios lol

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I only have a 2nd day $100 reservation, no actual order. I am actually #2 in line at the dealership if I was to order a MY21
If you order now, you still have many months to change your mind as to exactly which color, options, etc you want. You have up until before the vin is assigned for the build (6-8 weeks prior??) to make changes.
You could have your Bronco by the end of this year!
Be sure to confirm a price. Maybe they will be flexible on the deposit.
Sponsored