Sponsored

Lets discuss why there should/not be a v8 option!

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You do realize a dressed 5.0 weighs less than a dressed 2.7L right?
Has weaker torque at every RPM, too, so the Coyote isn't really anyone's ideal truck engine. The appeal is strictly aural, I imagine.
Sponsored

Last edited:

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has a weaker torque at every RPM, too, so the Coyote isn't really anyone's ideal truck engine. The appeal is strictly aural, I imagine.
But that’s not what you were originally referring to. Based on your previous post I thought you would be excited to be able to carry an extra cooler of beer with the increased payload from the lighter V8.

FWIW I would pay more for a weaker V8 that didn’t leave me stuck with a turbo failure about 1,000 miles from home - again. Though if given the option I would go for the 7.3L

Last edited:

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd like to see the Baby Godzilla engine (6.8L) in the Warthog.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For the price of a Bad Lands ($50k), it should've come with a V8/ 7spd manual Transmission. No question. I do find ($50k MSRP) for a 2.3L 7spd MT Badlands to be ridiculously over priced. Even though I'll probably buy one, thats a lot of money for a 4cy vehicle. NO matter how you turn it and try to convince me the R&D is worth every penny...
I wonder if the bronco is the most expensive non hybridized 4 banger out there?

Sponsored

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's all about emissions and fuel mileage estimates overall for tge brand. If you want more power.....5Star tune has tuned a 2.7 in a f150 to 600hp

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
How long before those tunes cause the EPA to start fining people $10k per instance?

Another LS performance parts designer released a letter yesterday they were ending a sizeable amount of production due to the EPA coming down on them.

Particularly with turbo engines Increasing engine timing, raising cylinder temperatures - you start creating more NOX emissions, not the fake bologna CO2 emissions.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How long before those tunes cause the EPA to start fining people $10k per instance?

Another LS performance parts designer released a letter yesterday they were ending a sizeable amount of production due to the EPA coming down on them.

Particularly with turbo engines Increasing engine timing, raising cylinder temperatures - you start creating more NOX emissions, not the fake bologna CO2 emissions.
I'm not racing mine in any off-road events. So my dog has been put away. Ford has to comply with EPA regulations. We'll see how long the Rubicon 392 will last.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm not racing mine in any off-road events. So my dog has been put away. Ford has to comply with EPA regulations. We'll see how long the Rubicon 392 will last.
The 392 just got promised to another new upcoming vehicle in the minivan-tastic Grand Wagoneer. So I imagine it’s safe for at least another 6-7 years.
Therefore, the Rubicon’s 392 will likely last as long as Wranglers generational life.

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 392 just got promised to another new upcoming vehicle in the minivan-tastic Grand Wagoneer. So I imagine it’s safe for at least another 6-7 years.
Therefore, the Rubicon’s 392 will likely last as long as Wranglers generational life.
Also you are incorrect, Ford does not have to comply with these particular EPA regulations. They are free to slap the 6.8L into everything they produce and charge customers a couple hundred dollars extra to satisfy the bureaucrats with their pay offs as FCA does.

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Depends if you live in a state that tests or not?

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Depends if you live in a state that tests or not?
They definitely don’t test on older than 2000 in my county. And for that matter I don’t think they actually check tailpipe emissions in anything. Probably just checking the computer for codes.

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They definitely don’t test on older than 2000 in my county. And for that matter I don’t think they actually check tailpipe emissions in anything. Probably just checking the computer for codes.
My state they don’t check emissions at all. In fact I know a few places for $10 you get a sticker and can pass inspection on a totaled car. Ymmv🤷🏻‍♂️
Sponsored