Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t think I’m going to get the sound deading I just don’t like the way it looks
Sponsored

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The way it reads to me is that it is going to be standard on all the builds that have MIC tops, BUT if you have MGV (BL or BD) you have to option (still free) it in if you want it. If you have any other build and don't want it on your MIC....break out the goo gone and scraper.
I have Base. Dont even know if I want it as I didn’t add it to my order the first time, we’ll see what happens .. Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I definitely understand your concern...

But honestly I have ZERO concern - the benefits of working with Granger. They'll figure it out.

:cool:
Yea lucky you guys :LOL: . I'm getting invoice price allegedly, but my salesman was just clueless and I have zero faith in his attention to detail.

Last edited:

Sponsored

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://community.thebronconation.c...adliner-for-all-mic-tops-on-2021-bronco.3812/

Ford announced to dealers today that the sound deadening headliner option for the 2021 Bronco will now be standard on Mold in Color (MIC) hard tops that are matched with cloth or leather interiors, and it will be a no-cost option on MICs that are paired with Marine Grade Vinyl (MGV) interiors. Bottom line, no one will be paying extra for the sound deadening headliner.

We suspect that the reason for making the headliner optional on MGV interiors is that those interiors are focused on water resistance. The headliner was first shown off in the Bronco Nation forums here. The fuzzy, carpet-like material that is adhered to the roof is designed to reduce cabin noise and was a $495 dollar option on both 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos. For those concerned about headroom in Broncos with MIC tops, the headliner is quite thin and the effect on headroom is extremely small.

This change also applies to builds that didn’t have access to the sound deadening headliner before. For example, a 4-Door Badlands with a 2.7L engine wasn’t able to be optioned with the headliner due to constraints in Ford’s ordering and production planning systems. Now, the option is just a part of the MIC top on most trims and will be able to be added to any build regardless of other options.
Cutting off the after market?

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I got marine grade vinyl on black diamond if I want the sound deading for free I have to let the dealer know is this correct. Thing is I don’t think I want it it looks cheap as fuck and couldn’t beleave they were charging 495 for it to begin with . But as they say if it’s for free it’s for me
In the same boat. If it does end up looking bad or the aftermarket proves to be better AND needed then it is just some manual labor to remove it.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered without because there was no way I was going to pay that much, especially considering how much the top will be off, but I'll take it for free! Thanks Ford!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like it.

F81E36DF-C4A4-4D4C-9AF0-69DBFAA99DE6.jpeg
Read this very carefully. For conversions happening today and beyond it's free with MGV. I read this as you can't add it to your order (if it was placed prior to today) if you didn't have it originally and get it for free. Nor is Ford going to reach out to you and offer it to you for free.

We need a dealer to try to add it to an existing order with MGV and no sound deadening (placed prior to today) and see what happens.

Sponsored

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

https://community.thebronconation.c...adliner-for-all-mic-tops-on-2021-bronco.3812/

Ford announced to dealers today that the sound deadening headliner option for the 2021 Bronco will now be standard on Mold in Color (MIC) hard tops that are matched with cloth or leather interiors, and it will be a no-cost option on MICs that are paired with Marine Grade Vinyl (MGV) interiors. Bottom line, no one will be paying extra for the sound deadening headliner.

We suspect that the reason for making the headliner optional on MGV interiors is that those interiors are focused on water resistance. The headliner was first shown off in the Bronco Nation forums here. The fuzzy, carpet-like material that is adhered to the roof is designed to reduce cabin noise and was a $495 dollar option on both 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos. For those concerned about headroom in Broncos with MIC tops, the headliner is quite thin and the effect on headroom is extremely small.

This change also applies to builds that didn’t have access to the sound deadening headliner before. For example, a 4-Door Badlands with a 2.7L engine wasn’t able to be optioned with the headliner due to constraints in Ford’s ordering and production planning systems. Now, the option is just a part of the MIC top on most trims and will be able to be added to any build regardless of other options.
I feel like you should edit your subject. Its for ALL hard tops, not just MIC.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes! Not only free, but I don't have to do anything. I passed on this initially and was planning to just get a hothead or some other aftermarket headliner, but I'll take it!

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Really don't know if I want to add vs Hot Heads. I have a feeling aftermarket will be better quality in the long run.
If you are getting a MIC top and not getting MGV interior, then I don't think you have a choice. It's going to come from the factory with the headliner.

I also doubt that Hotheads will go to the trouble to spec out and market a product that is already provided by the factory for most builds. It would be a niche market for sure until it's decided what Ford is going to do for the Mod tops.
Sponsored