JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
https://community.thebronconation.c...adliner-for-all-mic-tops-on-2021-bronco.3812/

Ford announced to dealers today that the sound deadening headliner option for the 2021 Bronco will now be standard on Mold in Color (MIC) hard tops that are matched with cloth or leather interiors, and it will be a no-cost option on MICs that are paired with Marine Grade Vinyl (MGV) interiors. Bottom line, no one will be paying extra for the sound deadening headliner.

We suspect that the reason for making the headliner optional on MGV interiors is that those interiors are focused on water resistance. The headliner was first shown off in the Bronco Nation forums here. The fuzzy, carpet-like material that is adhered to the roof is designed to reduce cabin noise and was a $495 dollar option on both 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos. For those concerned about headroom in Broncos with MIC tops, the headliner is quite thin and the effect on headroom is extremely small.

This change also applies to builds that didn’t have access to the sound deadening headliner before. For example, a 4-Door Badlands with a 2.7L engine wasn’t able to be optioned with the headliner due to constraints in Ford’s ordering and production planning systems. Now, the option is just a part of the MIC top on most trims and will be able to be added to any build regardless of other options.

😎👍 Excellent

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Read this very carefully. For conversions happening today and beyond it's free with MGV. I read this as you can't add it to your order (if it was placed prior to today) if you didn't have it originally and get it for free. Nor is Ford going to reach out to you and offer it to you for free.

We need a dealer to try to add it to an existing order with MGV and no sound deadening (placed prior to today) and see what happens.
Did you just totally skip over the first three bullet points?

mr. snuffleupagus

Badlands
First Name
Brandt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This would be awesome if true! I removed the sound deadening to save money and put towards the high package but to get it for free would be a big bonus! Sounds like even it wasn't on our build sheet it will now be automatically added from the factory, right?

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Crazy!!!

Just last night I was trying to decide if I wanted to drop the headliner to save the extra money. I want it, but I keep debating if the money was worth it. Decision made for me.

Thank you, Ford! 😍

(Now, Ford, please can you offer the mid-package with manual on Black Diamond? I'd be happy to put that $500 and then some right back in your pockets.)

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just talked to my guy at the dealer, and he said suddenly he was hit with 3 texts from customers about this 😅 . He called higher up, and verified everything with them, and they sent him the official communication. He just laughed, because they always find out after us on these forums. The person he talked to made it sound like it was indeed any and all hard tops. Time will tell. I'm getting it added to my BL though, thanks Ford!

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great news (so long as my MIC hardtop option cost doesn't 'magically' increase by $495...)

Sponsored

Tyrober

Outer Banks
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Saves me $500. I had already changed from the black modular to the MIC since they made it darker and it appeared to match the fender flares. That's almost a $2500 difference now that goes in my pocket. Thanks Ford!

jrobVT

Base
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery 5 - Range Rover P38
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am a bit disappointed about this (but im sure ford did me a favor)- I was excited about it being stripped down as possible.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ford Bronco Ford Announces FREE Sound Deadening Headliner For All 2021 Bronco With Hard Tops 1616172100619

Waiting for the announcement that the "new" delivery charge is up $495.

Good news though, thanks Ford!

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone's opinion or thoughts on skipping the headliner to keep a smooth surface to wash easier? Mgv gives you the option of skipping it. Cloth and leather get it without a choice.
Thinking about it as well. Not sure I like the look or not :(

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think @618TRVLWILD is with me when I say there will be increased danger if somebody is doing touch-up paint on their alternate-name-for-CG Bronco and if they aren't careful that touch-up paint could end up all over the fuzzy headliner. We'll all just have to be careful with our paint pens!

Personal expectations for this will be that it reduces the potential echo-chamber that can develop in some vehicles that have hard walls. Nice that they threw it in, It's certainly not the $3K they are putting on the electric crossover family hauler sports car that they are making now, but then again, they are selling those at a loss and not paying dealerships anything along the way.

Bronco will at least make dealerships a few bucks off Bronco.
Sponsored