Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
https://community.thebronconation.c...adliner-for-all-mic-tops-on-2021-bronco.3812/

Ford announced to dealers today that the sound deadening headliner option for the 2021 Bronco will now be standard on Mold in Color (MIC) hard tops that are matched with cloth or leather interiors, and it will be a no-cost option on MICs that are paired with Marine Grade Vinyl (MGV) interiors. Bottom line, no one will be paying extra for the sound deadening headliner.

We suspect that the reason for making the headliner optional on MGV interiors is that those interiors are focused on water resistance. The headliner was first shown off in the Bronco Nation forums here. The fuzzy, carpet-like material that is adhered to the roof is designed to reduce cabin noise and was a $495 dollar option on both 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos. For those concerned about headroom in Broncos with MIC tops, the headliner is quite thin and the effect on headroom is extremely small.

This change also applies to builds that didn’t have access to the sound deadening headliner before. For example, a 4-Door Badlands with a 2.7L engine wasn’t able to be optioned with the headliner due to constraints in Ford’s ordering and production planning systems. Now, the option is just a part of the MIC top on most trims and will be able to be added to any build regardless of other options.
Now for the fun part. Explaining this to my dealer who never has a clue about any of this.
So does this mean I add the option to my MGV build and it'll be optioned for $0?
Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

awesome sauce. Will wait a week or so to allow dust to settle to add this to my badlands order with Grainger.

I too hope this was a assembly line efficiency gain and not a good news prior to bad news.

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are they next going to tell us they'll open the rear windows?
Sliding rear windows for the 2-door should have been standard.
I'm really hoping that someone will come up with an aftermarket solution.

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sliding rear windows for the 2-door should have been standard.
I'm really hoping that someone will come up with an aftermarket solution.
That could be an option with the mod top since the rear windows pop out anyway. Would be pretty easy to replace.

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This could potentially be a blessing and a curse. Don't get me wrong, free is free so I can't complain about getting something for $0 when I was planning on buying it aftermarket. My only concern is why did Ford do this? Was the feedback from early testers that the cabin was too noisy? I was planning on adding some sound assassin strips before I applied my liner. I will no longer be able to do this. As a result I really hope the interior is good to go with the standard liner provided by Ford.

GeebeeBronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hmm....there's a reason for this but what🤔
I’m guessing that fact that website says this is an option for all models but you could never configure them that way. I’m sure this has been brought up in over half the order consultations.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So who's going to start the "Non-headlined top for sale - RARE - I Know What I Got - $1000" thread?

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

They are standard on BL
You don't have to select or order the rock rails on a Badlands - they come standard. Build and Price is in error there.
🤦‍♂️

BobRandall

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm....there's a reason for this but what🤔
It is probably easier for them just to put the sound deadening headliner in all of them instead of just some if them. It couldn't cost them that much to add it to the manufacturing process for all MIC tops.

Last edited:

Torgsurv

Base
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Bronco XLT 5.0 "Mando"
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone's opinion or thoughts on skipping the headliner to keep a smooth surface to wash easier? Mgv gives you the option of skipping it. Cloth and leather get it without a choice.
I want to be able to wash the panels off. I'm hoping there will be a headliner delete option. If not, I might have to find a Black Diamond or Badlands owner who forgot to tell their dealer to add the headliner and then swap tops with them.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

https://community.thebronconation.c...adliner-for-all-mic-tops-on-2021-bronco.3812/

Ford announced to dealers today that the sound deadening headliner option for the 2021 Bronco will now be standard on Mold in Color (MIC) hard tops that are matched with cloth or leather interiors, and it will be a no-cost option on MICs that are paired with Marine Grade Vinyl (MGV) interiors. Bottom line, no one will be paying extra for the sound deadening headliner.

We suspect that the reason for making the headliner optional on MGV interiors is that those interiors are focused on water resistance. The headliner was first shown off in the Bronco Nation forums here. The fuzzy, carpet-like material that is adhered to the roof is designed to reduce cabin noise and was a $495 dollar option on both 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos. For those concerned about headroom in Broncos with MIC tops, the headliner is quite thin and the effect on headroom is extremely small.

This change also applies to builds that didn’t have access to the sound deadening headliner before. For example, a 4-Door Badlands with a 2.7L engine wasn’t able to be optioned with the headliner due to constraints in Ford’s ordering and production planning systems. Now, the option is just a part of the MIC top on most trims and will be able to be added to any build regardless of other options.
so if you did not add it to your build you now well get it right

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has anyone in the previous 8 pages stated that it's another free gift because maybe Ford is about to drop another disappointment on us?

Sorry, just didn't feel like reading through all this, but that's my guess as to why we get another freebie.
Would not surprise me one bit....Per Ford: Sorry Bronco Reservation/Order holders due to the microchip shortage, all Bronco builds are on hold indefintely so we can build more F-150's and Mach E's, sorry for the inconvenience. We will keep you posted with updates.
Sponsored