Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

so if you did not add it to your build you now well get it right
Yes if you ordered cloth or leather. You still have the choice if you got MGV.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks Ashley for being the messenger.

My immediate thought is great news for MY21 buyers. But on second thought, it raises concerns on the availability of the modular top. Ford is dangling a carrot for buyers to option the MIC to take advantage of Ford's "generosity" perhaps to disguise continued problems with the mod top.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is probably easier for them just to put the sound deadening headliner in all of them instead of just some if them. It couldn't coat them that much to add it to the manufacturing process for all MIC tops.
It's probably something along those lines. Just simplifying the build process. When it was originally framed as being MIC only (all hardtops will get it has been confirmed now?) I thought possibly it was a strategy to make MIC more attractive and help further ease the bottleneck once painted modular tops do arrive.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Really don't know if I want to add vs Hot Heads. I have a feeling aftermarket will be better quality in the long run.
That's where I'm at with this thing. I'm not saying this is a bad step for Ford, or for anyone who wants Ford's liner. But, I know the quality of the HotHead headliners, and I know the quality of the Jeep factory headliners. If Ford's are like the Jeeps (and after seeing Ford's I'm not even sure it is as good as Jeeps), I'm sticking with Mark and his HotHead liners.

Disclaimer: I order the Shadow Black MOD top, and it doesn't seem Ford deemed those worthy. So this won't affect me anyway.

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tell me about it $1500 dollars to ship it 4 hrs on a truck, I spent less shipping a personal car back from the UK
..As far as shipping goes..I would think those cost are averages....would they charge 600. dollars for you,but then charge a person in CA. or FL. 2400. to get there's...My ideal choice would be for some...to get a ride to MAP pick up your vehicle and drive home,making it a memorable road trip...

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cost of doing business. The shippers obviously get paid, but by Ford. Dealer or plant I don’t care. You don’t pay a pouring fee at Starbucks. Or just add it to the msrp.

suggested RETAIL price. Do they just magically appear at the dealer? No. But that’s like overhead.

unkess u want your car contract to be itemized down to your share of the utilities they used while you were there.

the worlds gone fee crazy, and the consumer gets fucked more and more.

Sponsored

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wonder how many MGV holdouts there will be, who were planning to hose down the interior including the roof, but avoid the rear seat backs?

Probably more than I think!

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looking at the dealership letters from Ford, it makes no mention of this only applying to MIC. It seems like Bronco Nation inferred the MIC part. Seems like it applies to all 2021 hardtops.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok, if its too noisy without it, then why are they announcing now, on March 19th, the day that all the orders are in. It must have something to do with the current tallies they have on everyone's order. If it was in fact noisy, and they knew about it for a couple months, they would have announced it BEFORE the order banks opened so that people spent that $495 savings on other options. Either MIC top will have an elongated delay, and this is their way or making people happy first, and mad later....or they have more mod top orders than anticipated, and need to incentivize people to move from a mod top to a MIC top (although doubtful thats the case, since this is a really costly way to go about doing that). Thinking its the former

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'd 💩 myself with excitement!! Dreams do come true!! 😂🤞
I dunno I asked them at super cell east last year on the "prototype" said you should do this for real then the mod top version came out with it.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I put down 500 at order time, and now another 500 taken off the final cost.

Off to a great start getting that monthly payment down
Sponsored