Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He’s not trolling. You’re missing some important steering geometry concerns.

The farther you push those wheels away from the steering pivot point, the wider the overall arc of the wheel is going to be.

Imagine standing in a closet holding a frying pan against your chest like a steering wheel. Now pivot around on your heels facing left to right. That’s 55mm offset.

No bend your elbows out 90* and hold the frying pan about 1’ from your chest. Repeat the pivot maneuver. Have you hit anything? Knock a broom over? That’s 30mm offset.

Now extend your arms fully, and hold the pot out as far out in front of you as you can. Now pivot left to right. Knock anything off the shelf? Put a hole in the the wall with your fist? Hurt yourself? That’s 0 offset.

No imagine that broom closet is the Bronco wheel well, and the frying pan is the tire. Ryan from 4WP says in the video 0 offset interferes. How and where and how badly, we don’t know… but an expert with all the components on hand and who has tried
It is raising a flag. That’s worth something and we should pay attention.
So take the easy to remove crashbar out.... But in the meantime just sit back and wait till you see it done over and over... I went from 55mm offset to zero on my ranger. With a 2.5" level. I cut the crashbars out. That's it. Guess what, it's more stable on the road... Corners better at speed... And does more than I can ask in the mountains. You won't even need to cut them on the bronco. Just take out a couple bolts. Oh and it looks badass. Soooo... Yeah it'll work. There's way more room in the bronco fender than the ranger. #srubanglewhat lol

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll post this again for you guys!

CC1E4C1E-4322-4A05-AB07-7676B0A1A166.png
Yes. They bolt up, but everyone who’s tried it says they interfere… and more than just the brash bars. (Crash bars were removed on the overland rig, and no doubt Ryan is smart enough to try that first.)

I welcome you to try it. I’m also curious as to what parts of the Bronco body need to be hammered and cut out of the way to allow it to work.

Im not trying to be difficult… just want to present the evidence as we have it so far… which includes reports from experts who have actually tried it.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those are +30 RTR wheels on the red one and on the RTR build
Both vaugh and Loren in vids said zero.. maybe they didn't know wtf they were talking about

Sponsored

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So take the easy to remove crashbar out.... But in the meantime just sit back and wait till you see it done over and over... I went from 55mm offset to zero on my ranger. With a 2.5" level. I cut the crashbars out. That's it. Guess what, it's more stable on the road... Corners better at speed... And does more than I can ask in the mountains. You won't even need to cut them on the bronco. Just take out a couple bolts. Oh and it looks badass. Soooo... Yeah it'll work. There's way more room in the bronco fender than the ranger. #srubanglewhat lol
Man we think the same! I’ll keep you posted on my build when the bronco shows up this summer!

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. They bolt up, but everyone who’s tried it says they interfere… and more than just the brash bars. (Crash bars were removed on the overland rig, and no doubt Ryan is smart enough to try that first.)

I welcome you to try it. I’m also curious as to what parts of the Bronco body need to be hammered and cut out of the way to allow it to work.

Im not trying to be difficult… just want to present the evidence as we have it so far… which includes reports from experts who have actually tried it.
I respect everything you say on here man! But when it all comes down to it, we wont know until we get them in our driveways!

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also.... The overlander rig. It was said they rubbed a bit... And it was also loaded right down with allll the gear. The tent, full load of racks and equipment in the back... Like loaded up. You can't realistically tells us that didn't compress that soft suspension enough to make it sit lower. Like it looks in all the pics. Loli know that when I had the car with airside loaded up for road trips and car show shit I had to add like 10psi to bring it back up to avoid scrubbing the road on bumps.

Sponsored

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also.... The overlander rig. It was said they rubbed a bit... And it was also loaded right down with allll the gear. The tent, full load of racks and equipment in the back... Like loaded up. You can't realistically tells us that didn't compress that soft suspension enough to make it sit lower. Like it looks in all the pics. Lol
And it had that winch on the front and it was 4 cylinder if that means anything! Also the RTR build with the 0 offsets went up hell’s gate and today it was posted going up it backwards! I do like that big 4WP build but man it seems sluggish. But to each there own!

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know on Isuzu, you can do a ‘Diff drop’ to lower the front differential, which helps with CV angle after a lift.
@dirtstar2002

What about this? Have you looked at dropping the diff itself to create more height?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both vaugh and Loren in vids said zero.. maybe they didn't know wtf they were talking about
It was zeros man trust me!
Y'all are right and I apologize. I did some digging and the RTR build is indeed 0-offset wheels. However, it has Sasquatch.

Still doesn't sway me that 0-offset wheels with 35s on a stock Badlands will work. As corroborated by a guy who put 0-offset wheels and 35s on a stock Badlands, a guy who drove said Badlands, and by 4WP right here in this thread.

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Y'all are right and I apologize. I did some digging and the RTR build is indeed 0-offset wheels. However, it has Sasquatch.

Still doesn't sway me that 0-offset wheels with 35s on a stock Badlands will work. As corroborated by a guy who put 0-offset wheels and 35s on a stock Badlands, a guy who drove said Badlands, and by 4WP right here in this thread.
Man the difference in Sasquatch is 10mm lol, also a 4WP guy came in here promoting his business, heck yea he’s going to say that shit about RTR he wants all the cash $$$$ it’s a money racket man! It’s business.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Additionally, I just relistend to the video on page 1.

Ryan says 0 offset are going to “really rub” after commenting that trimming will need to be done to other setups for bigger tires.

He segues into this directly after talking about going to 37” tires and needing to cut pinch welds.

The million dollar question is: was that in context of the larger tires, since he said it immediately following it, or had he in that moment changed the subject away from tires to wheels/offset.

So, my conclusion:

Jury is still out. I’m not going to die on this hill, definitely no definitive answers just evidence… but I’m looking forward to @Thomas1984 and others experimenting and reporting back!
Sponsored