Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Neither you, nor many dealers, appear to be understanding the reservation system. Please read the original posting to this thread again. The reservations are transferable between dealerships. Assuming you are a normal non-FE reservation you will be contacted by or in December to finalize your actual order. You will be given a date by which you have to close the deal or you lose your place in line (if I had to guess I'd say December 31st for accounting purposes). If the dealership you initially were assigned screws with you, you can call around and switch to a different dealership. In other words a reservation isn't an allocation and dealerships can't treat them as allocations because it's not theirs, it's the customers.

It's a fantastic business model for Ford and the customers, not so much the dealers who are use to gouging customers with markups on in demand vehicles. It essentially makes the customers the "owners" of the allocations and since they can move between dealers it forces the dealerships to compete on price, keeping the cost down for the reservation holders. It's as close to the tesla sales model as ford can get while still maintaining the dealership network.
You said it's transferable if we are a non FE holder. What if we are a FE reservation holder, then we can't transfer to another dealer? When I called Ford customer service yesterday at 4:30 I was specifically told I could not transfer me FE reservation to another dealer. Basically I was locked to the dealer chosen on the site. When I asked if they could charge over MSRP or not honor my X plan pricing I was told each dealer is independently owned and Ford can't stop them from charging over MSRP or not honoring the X plan. Basically it was up to dealer.
When I called the dealer that had my reservation and the one across town to see if they honored X Plan pricing, they couldn't confirm as both managers were on vacation and would be back Monday. I felt like I was in a episode of the Twilight Zone. Lol
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
awesome - we just need news on whether we will see a real Bronco in person when we finalize orders in Dec.
Ford usually sends pre production units around to dealers to show them off to potential customers and for dealer training. I sure hope they do with the Bronco. There's still a lot of unknown's that Ford needs to clear up. They have a lot of work to do by December.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I reserved mine the morning of the 14th. I was contacted that afternoon by the fleet sales manager at my local dealership. He wanted to know if I had any questions etc. He told me orders would be taking place around the end of December and he also said that since I had ordered a 2 door that those were going to be delivered first...He then said it is likely that I would be getting mine around the end of January or the first of Feb...(I am taking this with a grain of salt) He also told me that at the time of ordering I can make any changes I would like....
I would take the delivery part with a giant grain of salt. Production hasn't even begun. Anything is possible between now and then. I don't think anyone could make such a claim and be accurate.

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
the dealer i reserved with told me the same thing. Which is good because i'm more than likely changing from the Big Bend to Badlands.

sleepy floyd

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer reached out to me. I told him that I'm not interested in paying over retail, he confirmed that there will be no ADM. Definitely a conversation you want to have before December.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

this is welcome news, obviously with all the unknown option prices, its hard to nail down which model I just took a stab and if it wasnt going to work and I got put farther back on the job date I would be ok with it

SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My dealer reached out to me. I told him that I'm not interested in paying over retail, he confirmed that there will be no ADM. Definitely a conversation you want to have before December.
which trim did you reserve, and which dealer? thanks

atx_chance

Badlands
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 1993 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this is welcome news, obviously with all the unknown option prices, its hard to nail down which model I just took a stab and if it wasnt going to work and I got put farther back on the job date I would be ok with it
Totally agree. I just wanted to get in line for a bronco the night of the release, but the combined website issues and information overload made me regret my outer banks choice. Would be awesome if we kept our relative position for order fulfilment even with a change to the bronco ordered.

luvtofish

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 King Ranch F150 Supercrew.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well crap! I talked to my dealer about switching from the WT to the BL and he referred me to Ford Customer Service. So I called them and asked about switching models. They told me I had to cancel my order and make a new reservation. My new reservation number is now 117K higher than my original number. Argh....this news really ticks me off.

Sponsored

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I just spoke to my local rep. I originally reserved a Wildtrak and expressed my desire to change to a badlands.

She called and read me word for word the email she received from her Ford rep/contact/whatever you call them.

1) You CAN change the model in December when you place your order (obviously not to a FE though).
2) Broncos should be getting built in the order they were reserved. So If you ordered on launch day and then a couple days later reserved another one, the first one reserved should be build first.
3) You will be able to change the dealer. She said they will be receiving information from Ford on how this process will work in the next week.

That's all I know!
#2 has me kinda sad just a little. it took me a while to get my stuff straight and make sure i could afford one... now i'll be late to the party.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You said it's transferable if we are a non FE holder. What if we are a FE reservation holder, then we can't transfer to another dealer? When I called Ford customer service yesterday at 4:30 I was specifically told I could not transfer me FE reservation to another dealer. Basically I was locked to the dealer chosen on the site. When I asked if they could charge over MSRP or not honor my X plan pricing I was told each dealer is independently owned and Ford can't stop them from charging over MSRP or not honoring the X plan. Basically it was up to dealer.
When I called the dealer that had my reservation and the one across town to see if they honored X Plan pricing, they couldn't confirm as both managers were on vacation and would be back Monday. I felt like I was in a episode of the Twilight Zone. Lol
Actually, what I said was "Assuming you are a normal non-FE reservation you will be contacted by or in December to finalize your actual order." The reason I talked about non-FE is because the first editions have to place their orders much sooner. However, generally First Editions or limited availability cars have been historically treated differently by Ford and other manufactures. For example the F-150 Raptor and the Shelby GT 500 are excluded from the x-plan, so I expect the bronco first edition with it's 3,500 limit to also be excluded from the x-plan pricing. The FE orders have to be placed much sooner than the regular reservations because they're the first ones off the assembly lines, so they may try to lock you into a specific dealer (even though the terms when you reserved said you can move the reservation to a different dealer). I know for a fact that non-FE holders can move their reservations because I did it this morning. If I were you I'd wait 2-4 weeks for the kinks to be worked out and the customer service people to get proper training, and then call the customer service number again and see if you can transfer the reservation. I don't think the customer service people have been properly trained (the reservation system is a new concept for ford), and if Ford doesn't live up the the terms and conditions that were on the website when we made the reservations they're looking at a class action lawsuit that they don't want to the bad PR from right when they're launching their most important and likely popular product since the F-150. Screwing over the customers willing to spend the most on a vehicle is generally a bad business decision, the only car company I know that seem to get away with long term is Ferrari.

Also, when you said you called Ford customer service, did you call: 800-392-3673?

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Actually, what I said was "Assuming you are a normal non-FE reservation you will be contacted by or in December to finalize your actual order." The reason I talked about non-FE is because the first editions have to place their orders much sooner. However, generally First Editions or limited availability cars have been historically treated differently by Ford and other manufactures. For example the F-150 Raptor and the Shelby GT 500 are excluded from the x-plan, so I expect the bronco first edition with it's 3,500 limit to also be excluded from the x-plan pricing. The FE orders have to be placed much sooner than the regular reservations because they're the first ones off the assembly lines, so they may try to lock you into a specific dealer (even though the terms when you reserved said you can move the reservation to a different dealer). I know for a fact that non-FE holders can move their reservations because I did it this morning. If I were you I'd wait 2-4 weeks for the kinks to be worked out and the customer service people to get proper training, and then call the customer service number again and see if you can transfer the reservation. I don't think the customer service people have been properly trained (the reservation system is a new concept for ford), and if Ford doesn't live up the the terms and conditions that were on the website when we made the reservations they're looking at a class action lawsuit that they don't want to the bad PR from right when they're launching their most important and likely popular product since the F-150. Screwing over the customers willing to spend the most on a vehicle is generally a bad business decision, the only car company I know that seem to get away with long term is Ferrari.

Also, when you said you called Ford customer service, did you call: 800-392-3673?
Everyone else that I have asked the question about FEs truly being first has said that they will be mixed in with regular production. Do you have any evidence that they will truly be built first?

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Did she say if you could change OUT of a FE? I reserved one in haste and just don't feel the Bronco is worth $65k.. but my reservation is super early...
I would hold on to it. It may worth something to someone.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Everyone else that I have asked the question about FEs truly being first has said that they will be mixed in with regular production. Do you have any evidence that they will truly be built first?
I know it's hard to count on anything these days, but I would expect a first edition is called that because it will be the first produced. Since there are only 3500 and basically no options, it would make sense to build them all at once.
Sponsored