Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like Lux is my biggest constraint. There are two orders earlier than mine at my dealer, both 2.3 auto soft top OB's with Lux and they have yet to preview. If they can't get a sniff I don't stand a chance.
Well there are two door Badlands with SAS, 2.7, leather, Lux, Tow showing up at dealers for demos so..............

Welcome to the WTH Ford club lol.
Sponsored

Blood_and_Mud

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So who is still going against fords recommendation and strapping a roof rack and cargo box to their sasquatched 4 doors on top of this hunk of junk?

At this point I don’t even care that the rack isn’t offered on Sasquatch. No way I’m putting a cargo box on this thing with my family inside going on long range trips at highway speeds. To me that’s one of the bigger liabilities that a lot of people don’t seem to be talking about. Putting the aesthetics aside, is this still structurally capable of withstanding the suggested roof rack load from ford? Maybe it’s okay in the beginning but after a few months of deterioration at this pace, who knows.
This ended up being my main issue - the roof load is just not that substantial. I’ll take the soft top and wait for an aftermarket option and/or more substantial roof rails. Wes Siler discussed this in a recent video for Outside but it is behind a paywall as far as I know.

Lovecato

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Enough about bad roofs, late scheduling, and multi-week gate holds to check the roof panels, okay? The fine men and women of MAP are ramping up at an exciting pace to get as many of your builds out the door as possible.

The current pace of production is seeing nearly 900 units daily roll off of final assembly as we sit just 2 weeks away from "full blend" line speed. That 900 figure is split between Bronco and Ranger, currently running about a 60/40 split. Bronco's body shop has been pushing out as many as 300 rigs per shift, as they are running ahead of final a bit on speed. Units are only going to paint when there is room for them on final after, so there will be some ebb and flow here.

We've all been let down by the issues surrounding the MIC tops - my own included - and I have to believe that there is a fix in the works. All I can say for certain is that issues are being documented thoroughly and I expect some customer-facing movement on this soon.

As you've seen, production mix for the coming months is shifting outside of demand for hard tops (and all 2 door units). There was optimism in the last 6 weeks when output at the Plymouth plant ticked up a bit, but the multiple issues with delivered roof units has popped that balloon quite quickly. I can't say for sure what the final mix will be, but dealers are being asked to program retail stock builds (all 4 door soft tops, mostly base and Big Bend trims) so that MAP has a pool of backup builds in case they run out of buildable units. They will NOT build appreciable stock units IF there are buildable customer units in the queue. It's just a matter of what they're able to build.

IF you're lucky enough to get a hard top Bronco delivered, document the heck out of your roof at delivery. Take pictures of the entire inside and outside in detail. Note any inconsistencies - however small - so the dealer has record of it for when a solution becomes available.

The more I hear from my folks and spend time watching how my roof is reacting to everyday use, it's becoming sadly apparent that the design might only work if manufacturing were 100% perfect.. and even then it's iffy. Specifically, the raw edges where all 3 layers are cross-sectioned is just begging for material loss from the core (mine has happened in a pretty dramatic fashion in the last 3 weeks), leaving little cavities where water can accumulate and cause havoc when the weather shifts.

Annoying roof issues aside - that I'm confident Ford will address - these rigs are sweet. They're fun an engaging to drive, they're comfortable to live with, they do what you ask them to without any protest, and they catch the eye of everyone around you.

Added:

Answering a big question that a lot of you are asking- Scheduled builds have not been impacted by top issues (for better or worse). If you have a build week, or even better a specific date, your rig will be built as ordered. Check your MIC top closely when you take delivery and make sure your desler logs any imperfections. I have faith that a fix will be on the way.

Q&A:

With all that I've been told (much of which I've shared with you, but certainly not all), the part is very difficult to manufacture under ideal conditions, and some of the final design designs - notably the raw exposed cut edges - are questionable.

That Webasto is an absolute dumpster fire (and that's insulting to campus parties down the street at THE Ohio State University) just took a small issue and turned it nuclear.
I am fairly patient! My concern is if I get my 2.7, tow package, MIC hard top on Dec 1 what year is that going to be considered? 2021 or 2022?

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am fairly patient! My concern is if I get my 2.7, tow package, MIC hard top on Dec 1 what year is that going to be considered? 2021 or 2022?
Model change over is in mid-December, and you'll know when you receive your build date and VIN (if not before) what your model year is.

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This ended up being my main issue - the roof load is just not that substantial. I’ll take the soft top and wait for an aftermarket option and/or more substantial roof rails. Wes Siler discussed this in a recent video for Outside but it is behind a paywall as far as I know.
Agreed in it's not super substantial, but it goes provide a spot for gear that is lighter in weight but takes up a decent amount of room. I'm hoping to get one to have extra room for going camping. But who knows if they will even be offered as a DIO. Probably have to have something aftermarket.

Sponsored

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Model change over is in mid-December, and you'll know when you receive your build date and VIN (if not before) what your model year is.
thanks Ross for all the updates , keep us informed about latest changes

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes - totally !!
For a Reliable Quality Hardtop . . our ONLY HOPE is Aftermarket -

Ford will NEVER make a decent reliable Hardtop -
Why would you say that? If you're joking, ok, but otherwise, Ford will absolutely "make" a completely reliable hardtop....even if they have to fire Webasto in the process and give the contract to someone else.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

And we just add a sprinkle of foreshadowing….
A0C2A2D9-A28E-4C5F-99FD-6B371187D9DB.jpeg

Say what you want about Elon. I personally don’t think he’s nearly as book-smart as his largest proponents will claim. But there are two things about him that you cannot dispute; the dude knows how to build a team; and he knows how to build a brand.
Al those NASA people he worked with said that he was basically the smartest person in any room he was in at NASA. And, they said he’s probably the best engineer in the world. That’s just a bunch of rocket scientists talking smack though right .. 😄

weiserudx

Badlands
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Bronco, mustang camaro LSC Low Rider etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ross @PREMiERdrum Are you able to predict if and when potential owners of the 2-door models will receive communication from Ford pertaining to any soft top options to consider.
Yep, a 2 door soft too seems like a no Brainer, especially since we saw so many with the fastback .. then I could wait a few years for the MOD top I really wanted

Sponsored

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@PREMiERdrum thank you for all you do. Now, any speculation how long this will be held for inspection/lead time to ship? (Blend 7/19, email rec'd this morning, ultimately headed for Vegas via rail)

Screenshot_20210720-065029_Gmail.jpg

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ross, as a diehard Spartan who bleeds green and white, it pains me to say this, but I would be glad to buy you a beer some day. Keep telling us whats what.
Guess I missed it, is Ross an M fan?

@PREMiERdrum?

Last edited:

chowfun27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my unsolicited opinion, this would be the best course of action:

"We're sorry to share with you that the Molded-in-Color hard tops arriving at our production facility from a supplier have failed to meet the standards we have for a product as exciting as Bronco. Going forward, all Bronco 4-door units will be shipped with the factory soft top until a new hard top is available, at which point one will be available to you through your dealer. Two-door Broncos will be shipped with the Bestop soft top. As an appreciation for your patience and understanding, we've automatically credited your FordPass Rewards account with an additional 25,000 points, and you'll soon receive an email with a lifetime premium membership to Bronco Nation. There's still some wild out there, and we can't wait to help you find it."

Cutting their loss NOW would make a huge difference in what they're on the hook for down the road.
@Ford Motor Company :)

basundy

Outer Banks
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Answering a big question that a lot of you are asking- Scheduled builds have not been impacted by top issues (for better or worse). If you have a build week, or even better a specific date, your rig will be built as ordered. Check your MIC top closely when you take delivery and make sure your desler logs any imperfections. I have faith that a fix will be on the way.
As always, thanks for the info. Hopefully Ford is coming up with a plan. I think those of us who have been built and are sitting in the QC queue are getting restless. Are you under the impression Ford will send out communication soon concerning current VIN holders with MIC tops?

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I appreciate all the information. Too bad that Ford direct isn't as good at this. I am sticking out for as long as I can. Let's see, I sold my house, moved into an apartment while the new one was being built from the ground up, we close on this new house 2600 miles away (CA to SC) on July 28th, my daughter started fourth grade, finished fourth grade, took up trap shooting, learned enough to compete, won multiple medals and took a couple of first places. At this rate, I may have to consider my Bronco a retirement gift...to myself...IF it arrives by the time I retire next year. Then again, maybe it will be a wedding gift for my daughter...

Hoping they sort the tops soon and can get them properly produced. My fully loaded Wildtrak is a long time away considering the complete list of pretty much every deadly sin there is on my build.
Welcome to the Palmetto State! What part of the South Carolina are you moving too?
Sponsored