Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Will you be getting sidesteps on the Bronco? How is it getting in and out without sidesteps?
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On paper, the 2.7 has a 0-60 only .2 seconds slower than my 2021 Audi Q7 Prestige with the 3.0TT.

That would be quite impressive, because my Audi hauls ass.. even for a three row SUV.

Pretty sure the Audi is 5.7 seconds vs the Bronco at 5.9 seconds for the 2.7 liter eco boost.

OP
OP
Cfbeaver

Cfbeaver

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4, Tesla Model Y, 2021 Bronco 4D BLSQTCH
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will you be getting sidesteps on the Bronco? How is it getting in and out without sidesteps?
the wife is out of townā€¦.. side steps will only be purchased if she has trouble getting in and out. Iā€™ll know next week. I have no problem at all - Iā€™m 5ā€™11ā€. Dog is a 45lb golden doodle and he cant navigate jumping in. Not sure if itā€™ll be a trainable skill or not like it was in the wrangler.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Congrats on your delivery!

I feel like I'm the only one who felt that it was actually smaller in person than I thought it would be. Which for me happens to be the best case scenario as I was looking for a little more room but not an Expedition sized SUV.

The rear view mirror thing I noticed as well. I'm sure that one would be a cheap fix on just getting a physically smaller one glued on.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cfbeaver

Cfbeaver

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Shadow Black Badlands Sasquatch w/ Lux DELIVERED. Impressions from former Jeep owner D552A5C2-60B2-428A-AF94-1BCAF898EF94

I saw yours there at Hilltop. Very nice.
Hahah. Nice. They said there were a fair amount of folks coming by to see it - they kept to their word of no one inside it and no test drives. Had 10miles on it when I took it off the lot.
Glad you got to see it in person! Itā€™s still the only one Iā€™ve seen!

Another update - everyone wants to talk about it. Every time I park ago into a store I come out and some guy/ guys are standing around it. Let a kid and his dad sit in it today because they were so so excited to see one and wanted to know all about my thoughts so far.

If you see me around Marin county feel free to say hi - Iā€™ll be happy to let you check it out!
Iā€™ll be at cars and coffee Marin in Novato at Vintage Oaks next Sunday morning (first Sunday of the month) so please come by and say hi if youā€™re in the area.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great writeup and great-looking Bronc šŸ‘

VISIBILITY - read some comments where people were disappointed. I get that I donā€™t think itā€™s terrible - but the windshield feels short and I feel like the rear view mirror takes up a lot of space in terms of field of view. I did find myself bobbing my head around to look around it.
I seem to remember reading that the mirror raises and lowers. Is it all the way up?

Carreratime

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, '68 Alfa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also shout out to the team at Michael Steadā€™s Ford in Richmond, CA. They were outstanding. Proud to take home their first delivered bronco.
My dealer is Walnut Creek Ford. They are supposed to be delivering their first Bronco soon. My order is a Badlands, Area 51, SAS, LUX, Leather, Tow Pkg, Hardtop (just changed to soft top). I still don't have a build date but fingers crossed the top change will move it up. Congrats!

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Today was the day. Ill add to this post in the next few days. But here are my thoughts after the first 50 Miles. im not going to post 1000 pics because I feel like weā€™ve all seen everything. But let me know if thereā€™s something youā€™d like to see and Iā€™ll happily snap a pic and post.

SIZE - I donā€™t remember the numbers on paper - but itā€™s bigger than my wrangler I traded in for it. Way bigger.

RIDE- it rides 100x better than the wrangler (even with the Sasquatch packsge) no doubt. No question. Rides incredibly.

SEATS - I love the marine grade vinyl. I was under the impression they did not come with heated seats even with Lux (I feel like they said this in a bronco nation walk around???) but these seats are heated and will burn your ass. They get HOT - which is great. but. The seats are a little stiff.ā€¦. Not terrible. But I noticed it right away.

SOFT TOP- looksā€¦ fine.? Little droopy in a spot or two. Not terrible. Way quieter than the soft top in my wrangler. Like way way quieter.

BUILD QUALITY - inside and out - outstanding. interior is utilitarian but solid. And honestly I like the materials. This is coming from someone thatā€™s had top of the line audis, bmws, Jaguars and teslas. And the quality in here is great. Materials are what they are and utilitarian for a reason - but. all put together very very well.

CLIMATE CONTROL - It is STRONG!1 like I wish that fan setting 1 was fan setting 3 because it needs settings below 1 - fan speed 1 is still really intense.

VISIBILITY - read some comments where people were disappointed. I get that I donā€™t think itā€™s terrible - but the windshield feels short and I feel like the rear view mirror takes up a lot of space in terms of field of view. I did find myself bobbing my head around to look around it.

Those are my thoughts after 50 miles. Let me know what else you want to see ā€˜ hear.

Ford Bronco Shadow Black Badlands Sasquatch w/ Lux DELIVERED. Impressions from former Jeep owner D552A5C2-60B2-428A-AF94-1BCAF898EF94

Quick update from day 2:

Still rides great. Iā€™m respecting the break in period - but this thing is no slouch. Feels as fast as my Audi SQ5.

Also - top goes up / down much easier than the wrangler soft top. The fact that thereā€™s only a latch on the driver side for getting it all the way down is super easy. And it rotates / guides itself down much more smoothly / elegantly than the wranglers top.

Very easy to get rear windows in / out.

Thatā€™s all. More to come.

Congrats sheā€™s a beaut but be careful putting the soft top down people been posting the bars of the top been removing the paint off of the bars inside the bronco

TravisD

Wildtrak
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you for your post and insights! I'm trading in an SQ5 and was thinking speed would be dropping quite a bit. Looking forward to ours, went into prod today

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cfbeaver

Cfbeaver

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great writeup and great-looking Bronc šŸ‘

I seem to remember reading that the mirror raises and lowers. Is it all the way up?
It does what???? I will go check shortly when I take the dog out. I didnā€™t even try to move it.

OP
OP
Cfbeaver

Cfbeaver

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats sheā€™s a beaut but be careful putting the soft top down people been posting the bars of the top been removing the paint off of the bars inside the bronco
Thanks for the heads up. Will keep an eye out for this.

OP
OP
Cfbeaver

Cfbeaver

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for your post and insights! I'm trading in an SQ5 and was thinking speed would be dropping quite a bit. Looking forward to ours, went into prod today
To be clear I had the last generation Sq5 - and it wa a few years ago. But my butt-speedometer and memory says itā€™s not far off.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hahah. Nice. They said there were a fair amount of folks coming by to see it - they kept to their word of no one inside it and no test drives. Had 10miles on it when I took it off the lot.
Glad you got to see it in person! Itā€™s still the only one Iā€™ve seen!

Another update - everyone wants to talk about it. Every time I park ago into a store I come out and some guy/ guys are standing around it. Let a kid and his dad sit in it today because they were so so excited to see one and wanted to know all about my thoughts so far.

If you see me around Marin county feel free to say hi - Iā€™ll be happy to let you check it out!
Iā€™ll be at cars and coffee Marin in Novato at Vintage Oaks next Sunday morning (first Sunday of the month) so please come by and say hi if youā€™re in the area.
As the line forms around the coffee shop Cars and Coffee Marin rents a Porta-Potty šŸ˜œ Congrats on that Beautiful Badlands šŸšŸ•
Sponsored