Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In sum, for me, the Badlands package was closer to what I wanted without adding stuff while the WildTrak seemed weirdly compromised. Right now I intend on adding Sasquatch and that’s probably it.

The more spartan the better, at least for me.
Hey - new guy here, just my second post (after intro).

I'm in the same dilemma. I put my reservation down on a Badlands. I don't want carpet, like the upgraded bumper and skid plates, all that.

Then I started thinking..... (this is where I get in trouble)
- DO WANT the 2.7L Audo
- Maybe want the Sasquatch package
- DO NOT want the carpet kit, cloth seats stuff.

So Now my head is spinning with pricing unknowns
- Badlands + 2.7 w/Auto + Sasquatch, how is that gonna come in against the price of a WildTrack?
- WildTrack - CarpetKit - cloth seats + modular bumper, and what about the disconnecting steering stabilizer thing?

Always open to suggestions, a bunch of this is all unknown until we get the Build Your Bronco tool up and going I guess.
Sponsored

DJPeterson

Wildtrak
First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus Previous 93 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone know why the Wildtrak has less cargo space than the others? Is it because of the hardtop?

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey - new guy here, just my second post (after intro).

I'm in the same dilemma. I put my reservation down on a Badlands. I don't want carpet, like the upgraded bumper and skid plates, all that.

Then I started thinking..... (this is where I get in trouble)
- DO WANT the 2.7L Audo
- Maybe want the Sasquatch package
- DO NOT want the carpet kit, cloth seats stuff.

So Now my head is spinning with pricing unknowns
- Badlands + 2.7 w/Auto + Sasquatch, how is that gonna come in against the price of a WildTrack?
- WildTrack - CarpetKit - cloth seats + modular bumper, and what about the disconnecting steering stabilizer thing?

Always open to suggestions, a bunch of this is all unknown until we get the Build Your Bronco tool up and going I guess.
If I had to guess, it’ll be slightly more expensive, but hopefully not by much.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

After reading most post on here and some of the other threads. I really think Ford put the cart before the horse. It sure would of been nice to have the Build configurator before doing the reservation. Alot of folks myself included would of appreciated more info.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After reading most post on here and some of the other threads. I really think Ford put the cart before the horse. It sure would of been nice to have the Build configurator before doing the reservation. Alot of folks myself included would of appreciated more info.
Yep, if it wasn’t for the fiasco that the ordering situation was right off the bat, I would’ve accidentally reserved a base model. Lol Not that that seems to matter now.

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yep, if it wasn’t for the fiasco that the ordering situation was right off the bat, I would’ve accidentally reserved a base model. Lol Not that that seems to matter now.
Totally agree. The reveal should of been first by itself. Then build configurator and lastly the reserve process.

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

While I agree, as long as they honor switching the trim level, besides limited ed, it's not the worst.

Brando1

Wildtrak
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 911, 2001 Land Cruiser, 2008 CLS63, 2008 135i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ordered a wildtrak. Is there any reason I can’t order it with the bumper and bash plates?
Add big screen and call it a day. Cactus grey for me.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ordered a wildtrak. Is there any reason I can’t order it with the bumper and bash plates?
Same here on bumper, bash plate and big screen. I'd probably also end up with Leather seats, Lux & High package. Plus a few other options depending on price.
From what I gather you can build a Badlands or Wildtrak up to a FE. With a few differences like Sway bar disconect and carpet flooring. The big question is how much it'll cost you..

Last edited:

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Steel bumper and bash plates are upgrades listed in the Lineup PDF for the Wild Trak. You should be good to go.

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Steel bumper and bash plates are upgrades listed in the Lineup PDF for the Wild Trak. You should be good to go.
Yes But I believe the PDF only refers to an available ‘front steel bumper“. Does anyone know if you can get the rear steel bumper on the Wildtrak? How about rock rails, anyone know if can you get that on the Wildtrak?

I too ordered the Wildtrak but debating changing to a Badlands.

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes But I believe the PDF only refers to an available ‘front steel bumper“. Does anyone know if you can get the rear steel bumper on the Wildtrak? How about rock rails, anyone know if can you get that on the Wildtrak?

No one knows (100%) until the builder is released. Until then, have contingencies.

For me there's more risk in after market lifts than bumpers and bash plates. id rather factory mechanical systems under factory warranty and the accessories third party.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd have to imagine they'll probably offer the rock rails as a standalone option. But we won't know until the order guide/configurator arrives.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

I reserved the Wildtrak also. More than likely will change to badlands due to swabar disconnect, an steel rear bumper. Looks like you can up grade the front on the Wildtrak but not the rear. No option for swaybar disconnect either on Wildtrack.

Undecided on rubber or carpet for floor, and on seat material. I must have heated seats for my wife. About only thing she ever insists on.

I'd have to imagine they'll probably offer the rock rails as a standalone option. But we won't know until the order guide/configurator arrives.
I believe you are correct, rock rails will be an option or an accessory.

Bogeybekk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me the only thing missing on the WildTrak is the steel bumper/skid plates/rock sliders. I like the idea of going the after market route for these though. They are customizations I’m comfortable doing myself and gives me something a little more unique
Sponsored