Wildtrak vs. Badlands + Sasquatch...

BroncoBillie

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Hi guys, first post here. I reserved a 4 door Wildtrak and after some review it appears the Wildtrak is not available with the sway bar disconnect? Am I reading that right? If so I believe the Badlands with the Sasquatch package would suit me better as I want the disconnect but don't really want carpet. Would I be right in my thinking? TIA
Sponsored

BroncoBillie

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
I'm from Texas as well and I originally ordered the Wildtrak but will be switching to the Badlands for a couple of reasons.

1) Badlands comes with armor and steel bumpers - Wildtrak does not
2) Badlands comes with a couple more drive modes -
3) Wildtrak doesn't advertise that it has drain plugs nor the vinyl seats - I prefer both.
4) Badlands has the front disco sway bar. No mention of the Wildtrak having it.
4) Wildtrak is a grammatically incorrect spelling - sounds/spelled too hipster for me.

2.7 Badlands with Squatch and Lux for me. Add rock rails and it's pretty well sorted from the factory and 100% under warranty. Dealer can't even complain that your bigger tires caused ball joint issues!

Wildtrak almost seems like a pre-warthog (raptor Bronco) but not really.
My exact thinking, I'm sure we can change models when we are contacted to order!

BigLig

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I am wondering...

What exactly is missing if you don’t Sas the BL? If you plan on looking at tires like 37s, what would you need on top of the BL if you don’t get the Sas?

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Badlands comes with a couple more drive modes -
both have 7 modes
Wildtrack has Sport better for street or high speed driving
Bandlands has RockCrawl better in technical off roading

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Reserved a Wildtrak and First Edition. Only option I saw you can't get on a Wildtrak that comes on Badlands is stablizer bar disconnect. I don't rock climb so could care less. I found in the past that the more options you add to a lower model the more they cost you than if they're tied in to a package .

Last edited:

Sponsored

BigLig

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reserved a Wildtrak and First Edition. Only option I saw you can't get on a Wildtrak that comes on Badlands is stablizer bar disconnect. I don't rock climb so could care less. I found in the past that the more options you add to a lower model the more they cost you than if they're tied in to a package .
Except you can’t “downgrade” the interior to the marine vinyl and rubber flooring with drain plug right?

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Except you can’t “downgrade” the interior to the marine vinyl and rubber flooring with drain plug right?
Not sure if it can be done. But have no desire to downgrade. In fact I'll be upgrading the Wildtrak to match the FE specs. Only reason I reserved both was I heard dealers might be trying to sell the FE at MSRP or above. Also heard the FE might only come with Navy Pier interior, which I'm not a big fan of. If one or both scenario happen I be purchasing a fully loaded Wildtrak.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone know if you could change your reservation from a badlands to a wildtrak for example?
I saw a video of a Ford dealer guy going over the options, etc. He also mentioned that you can change your "reserved" Bronco when you actually order. Is that true, IDK. But, it seems that Ford would understand that we are "building" our Bronco's in the dark right now, and allow changes when the time comes. I guess we'll know for sure when the order banks open up.

Sponsored

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi guys, first post here. I reserved a 4 door Wildtrak and after some review it appears the Wildtrak is not available with the sway bar disconnect? Am I reading that right? If so I believe the Badlands with the Sasquatch package would suit me better as I want the disconnect but don't really want carpet. Would I be right in my thinking? TIA
They're not all linear improvements in trim, Wildtrak is a dune-runner (speed for sand not rocks), Badlands is more robust (steel bumpers + armor) and better for slower trailing and crawling (2.3L standard, sway bar disconnect, etc).

So yeah, the Badlands might be your preferred trim,

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

They're not all linear improvements in trim, Wildtrak is a dune-runner (speed for sand not rocks), Badlands is more robust (steel bumpers + armor) and better for slower trailing and crawling (2.3L standard, sway bar disconnect, etc).

So yeah, the Badlands might be your preferred trim,
Both will be excellent off road vehicles and handle any trail. If your going to do alot of rock climbing you'll want the Badlands with the disconnect. Personally I choose the Wildtrak. I love offroading but have no desire to take my $50k plus vehicle and slowly go over rocks. I know alot of folks live for it, just not my cup of tea. I own a Rubicon and have never found a need to use the stablizer disconnect. The Wildtrak comes standard with 2.7 V6, 35 tires and a few other goodies which is exactly what I want. Do yourself a favor and read a few articles on sway bar disconnect. Then make your own choice if you think you'll need it or not. Just my humble opinion. I suppose that's why Ford has so many Bronco models with different packages. Different stokes for different folks.

Last edited:

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Both will be excellent off road vehicles and handle any trail. If your going to do alot of rock climbing you'll want the Badlands with the disconnect. Personally I choose the Wildtrak. I love offroading but have no desire to take my $50k plus vehicle and slowly go over rocks. I know alot of folks live for it, just not my cup of tea. I own a Rubicon and have never found a need to use the stablizer disconnect. The Wildtrak comes standard with 2.7 V6, 35 tires and a few other goodies which is exactly what I want. Do yourself a favor and read a few articles on sway bar disconnect. Then make your own choice if you think you'll need it or not. Just my humble opinion. I suppose that's why Ford has so many Bronco models with different packages. Different stokes for different folks.
The disconnect in the Badlands is not quite the same as the Wrangler, it's much less cumbersome to use, you just put it into Rock/Crawl mode and forget about it. You're right that it's probably unnecessary except in very intense situations. IMO the Black Diamond with 'Squatch would be at least as good or better in almost all scenarios compared to a Badlands w/o Squatch and has all the armor and interior. There are lots of good reasons to go with the Badlands other than the disconnect though.

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm struggling with this same thing...i went Wild but second guessing myself.
I am a current Jeep JK (2 door owner). I really like it and may keep it even after Bronco WildTrak purchase. I use the jeep mainly for long distance runs from SoCal to Utah. I camp. I fish. I sightsee. Have never been rock crawling and have never needed even posi-traction for trails I go on after reaching mountains. I ordered the WildTrak to get more room and maybe better highway manners. I checked with a good friend who is a Jeeper and has owned many to help me figure out if I needed the sway bar disconnect. He said in all his years of off roading he never needed to get to where he was going and I know from some pictures I have seen he hit the trails hard. But he didn't take on the Rubicon or other highly intense and skill required rock crawling. I even wondered about getting the sway bar discoonect just for Bronco resale value. But in the end went with WildTrak because it fit my current use of Jeep which is mostly a mall crawler anyway lol. Hope this helps with your decision.
Sponsored