j_verde

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like I'm in the same boat as a lot of you guys, reserved a 2dr base and planning on going with the 2.7/10 speed and hopefully the 'squatch package in Iconic Silver.

I'm thinking if the sasquatch package isn't as great a deal as we're hoping I might just go pick up my own set on delivery day and piece the rest (lockers, lift, etc..) together over time as needed.. but my question is would 35s fit without the 2" lift? Then there's the question of warranty, which I would hope wouldn't be an issue since 35s are a factory option.. but I can imagine them voiding it if you don't have the sasquatch package. What do you guys think?
Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like I'm in the same boat as a lot of you guys, reserved a 2dr base and planning on going with the 2.7/10 speed and hopefully the 'squatch package in Iconic Silver.

I'm thinking if the sasquatch package isn't as great a deal as we're hoping I might just go pick up my own set on delivery day and piece the rest (lockers, lift, etc..) together over time as needed.. but my question is would 35s fit without the 2" lift? Then there's the question of warranty, which I would hope wouldn't be an issue since 35s are a factory option.. but I can imagine them voiding it if you don't have the sasquatch package. What do you guys think?
The issue with saying 35”s would be covered under warranty since they came standard on a different package, is that ford went cheap and put an aluminum M190 differential as the front axle of non Sasquatch base models.
It will snap much easier than the iron upgraded unit. You better believe Ford will deny that warranty claim when their cheap part fails.

Yes it’s covered on the Iron M210 but likely not covered on the aluminum M190 which wasn’t designed for that in mind.

DrKennethNoisewater

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 razor scooter
Your Bronco Model
Base
Obviously a personal preference thing, but every time I look at the models I conclude the same thing - the 2dr base is the best possible value. When I start playing with other trims/packages, the costs add up fast and you quickly find yourself looking at a 40K+ price tag. Even the very next step up (BB) adds 5K but (to me at least) underwhelms with what that gets you. Give me a 2dr base and if the 2.7L is reasonable, throw that in and I'm out the door at 33-34ish. Otherwise I'll take pure bone stock, 7spd 2.3L and still have a fun and capable ride. One thing to note, though, is I've never had all the fancy new tech like adaptive cruise, lane keep, 360 cams, android auto etc so I won't be missing it. I can see how people who are used to that can't go back. The one "fancy" thing that I have had and will miss is an intelligent key system where you walk up and push a button on the car to unlock and enter the vehicle - it might get annoying having to reach into my pocket every time I get to my car, but oh well.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Obviously a personal preference thing, but every time I look at the models I conclude the same thing - the 2dr base is the best possible value. When I start playing with other trims/packages, the costs add up fast and you quickly find yourself looking at a 40K+ price tag. Even the very next step up (BB) adds 5K but (to me at least) underwhelms with what that gets you. Give me a 2dr base and if the 2.7L is reasonable, throw that in and I'm out the door at 33-34ish. Otherwise I'll take pure bone stock, 7spd 2.3L and still have a fun and capable ride. One thing to note, though, is I've never had all the fancy new tech like adaptive cruise, lane keep, 360 cams, android auto etc so I won't be missing it. I can see how people who are used to that can't go back. The one "fancy" thing that I have had and will miss is an intelligent key system where you walk up and push a button on the car to unlock and enter the vehicle - it might get annoying having to reach into my pocket every time I get to my car, but oh well.
Agreed, pricing gets steep quickly for the bells and whistles and I'd rather throw money at the sasquatch and the base and make it my own from there. I want the build and price. and I want it now!

96GreenBronco

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco XLT, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 7M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe this was already answered elsewhere, but I saw the list of excluded options in another thread...Do we know for certain that the 4-door base does not have the 7MT available?

Sponsored

j_verde

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The issue with saying 35”s would be covered under warranty since they came standard on a different package, is that ford went cheap and put an aluminum M190 differential as the front axle of non Sasquatch base models.
It will snap much easier than the iron upgraded unit. You better believe Ford will deny that warranty claim when their cheap part fails.

Yes it’s covered on the Iron M210 but likely not covered on the aluminum M190 which wasn’t designed for that in mind.
That makes sense. So according to the spec sheet, I can get what I want through standalone options without the sasquatch package. So a base model with the 2.7/10spd, M210, and aux switches.. then everything else I can do on my own and pretty much exactly how I want. I'll just have to confirm exactly how aftermarket parts are going to impact warranty and plan accordingly.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As more and more information leaks out, I think I'll end up moving up to a Black Diamond. Now I'm disappointed that the tow package won't be available on the base either. Still have to wait for the Build and Price.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That makes sense. So according to the spec sheet, I can get what I want through standalone options without the sasquatch package. So a base model with the 2.7/10spd, M210, and aux switches.. then everything else I can do on my own and pretty much exactly how I want. I'll just have to confirm exactly how aftermarket parts are going to impact warranty and plan accordingly.
Hopefully the M210 is optional. The spec sheet doesn't say "w/Sasquatch Package", so I am hopeful.

j_verde

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hopefully the M210 is optional. The spec sheet doesn't say "w/Sasquatch Package", so I am hopeful.
Yeah same here. It seems like they've had the kind of bare bones off-roader we want in mind from day 1 at least, so I'm pretty optimistic that even as things change leading up to December we won't get left behind. Fingers crossed!

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I never even considered a base with 2.7/10 speed and no Sasquatch. With those wheels and tires that thing would be an absolutely hilarious sleeper. Almost makes me not want the Sasquatch LOL

Reactions: BE_

Sponsored

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Personally I can't imagine buying just the base cuz it simple lacks so much in feature like basic rear backup cameras and stuff. However, if it floats your boat...more power to you.

BUT when is comes to Sasquatch, fact check me, but you get...

35" tires
2" lift (on IFS that is a big deal)
Different Suspension components
Rear Locker
Front Locker
Steal Front Diff instead of Aluminum
Different Fender Flairs
And ????

I know folks really seem to want that manual, but ?? Which reminds me, Sasquatch may be a few grand, but you will also have to add in a couple more grand for the auto so from base to Sasquatch = 7-8k maybe.
and 4.7 to 1 final drive in the Squatch.

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I never even considered a base with 2.7/10 speed and no Sasquatch. With those wheels and tires that thing would be an absolutely hilarious sleeper. Almost makes me not want the Sasquatch LOL
that was my original goal- to see how fast a bronco can really go... but now i am considering getting the sasquatch after some recent price estimates put it (almost) in reach of my budget.

DrKennethNoisewater

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 razor scooter
Your Bronco Model
Base
word
Indeed! Call me frugal, but I think people are overlooking the value of the 2dr base. To get literally any other version (another package or even 4dr base) it's $5K more, before any other add ons. Gotta love the "starts under 30K" loss leader! I have a feeling there will be a catch, though, like the 2.7L costs twice as much if added to the base; or maybe the base will be the very last trim produced so we'd be waiting an extra 6-12 months.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
word

Indeed! Call me frugal, but I think people are overlooking the value of the 2dr base. To get literally any other version (another package or even 4dr base) it's $5K more, before any other add ons. Gotta love the "starts under 30K" loss leader! I have a feeling there will be a catch, though, like the 2.7L costs twice as much if added to the base; or maybe the base will be the very last trim produced so we'd be waiting an extra 6-12 months.
Other than the upgraded diff and transfer case there’s really nothing base lacks for me. I can do everything else on my own. If Sasquatch is greater than $5k then it won’t be worth it to me; the base model in the blue color would be perfect for me.

Between sas or no sas, if I get it I’ll probably be happy stock+ 37s. If not I’ll just live with base + 33in tires.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure if this has been asked yet but,. Why is the difference in price for Base model 4 door vs 2 door almost 5k? The other trims seem to only be around 2.5k price difference. ?
I’ve heard people hypothesize that it’s basically a loss leader, so they can undercut Jeep. They know that the amount of base models with zero options sold is going to be close to zero. My guess is they are breaking even on the base 2 door and any options are profitable, so even a base+Sasquatch will make them money.
Sponsored