Sponsored

Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active?

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I bought my ZR2 in Dec 2020. Looking back it was a great decision considering what the auto market looks like right now combined with the continued Bronco delays. Who knows, Ford may keep my build until the next gen 4Runner is unveiled or the next gen ZR2 and lose me altogether.
Sponsored

calx

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '98 Nissan Stagea
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Tempted, but I'm apart of the email crew where mine is on Dirt Mountain™ and should be getting an update in September. Not sure how wise it'll be to buy something now but goddamn it's hard to resist.

sjjohnny

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Black Diamond, '00 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I 99'd my third day reservation Bronco in June and ordered a Maverick Lariat hybrid. I'll see what MY22 offerers, but will probably wait until MY23 for the modular hard top.

Sponsored

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm a day 2 Wildtrak reservation and I'm probably going out and picking up another vehicle while waiting. I understand what's going on but this last round of delays put me over.

Figuring I'll wait until whenever my Bronco is in and decide what to do at that point. Anyone else going this route?
Maybe, same as you July 14 Badlands reserved (but ordered a Wildtrak). At the time was looking at Defenders and full size Range Rovers. We bought wifey a new car instead, which was going to be a Merc GLS or the Volvo XC90, after testing basically all standard/larger SUVs from top trims, but still cheapish VWs and Subarus to decked out ford/lincoln explorers/aviators, Audis and BMWs, etc. Lots of great vehicles, but if you want luxury you have to buy luxury. I was prepared to drop a small fortune on a built for us Merc, but she fell in love with the Volvo, so that saved 20-30K.... In hindsight, yeah I wish I bought something for me, but as this has continually dragged on, I felt there was a glimmer of hope along each disappointing step; I mean at first I/we were suppose to have guaranteed build dates at the end of May (after ford f'd us and built vip, and priority vehicles), then june, then july, now here we are, mid August and seemingly best case is 4-5 months delivery, probably more like 7-8 months and worst case not at all..... I don't need the Bronco, and wifey would rather I put the 60K into a pool for the main house instead, but in reality right now a pool is running 125 to 160K and it does not increase the property value even close to that. Keeping the order, but will I keep the vehicle, not sure. This process has taken the passion out of it for me. It is hard to get excited about it and using it or making mods without any real hope of getting it. Hoping for more sprinter vans to hit the market as the economy crashes.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes. Just signed off on an XC90 T6 R-design yesterday because we need an suv for the winter and have a second kid due Feb. I have a future vin but can’t play games.

Putting 50% down on two ~60k vehicles within months is fairly annoying. Backing into 499/mo 72 months for each.

I went from having my subaru lease bridge me to the bronco. Extended it through August. Sold it. Now buying XC90. And using my other Volvo S60 lease to bridge me when the bronco shows. Still need to figure out how to get out of it. Volvo makes it very difficult. Didn’t want to trade in for XC90 as we would have 1 vehicle for 4 month which could become 7+ months. Realistically best case my bronco gets delivered in January and I could see it get pushed to maybe March.

Thankfully I got one of the last XC90 T6 R Designs (they are limiting that trim to the expensive T8s for 22). Also got one of the last R designs with a black interior and decent exterior color in the country. Searched high And low and found one 1,000 miles away which they are shipping

similar combo to my AMB OBX sas build but in gunmetal gray with black bits and grille. Should look sinister

I knew the bronco would inevitably be demoted from family hauler to weekender in a couple years. But that’s happening before I even take delivery. Then again the bronco wait is basically pushed out about a year from our initial estimations.

Ford Bronco Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active? 72E7AC55-ADDF-466F-907D-45F2B9F9DD1F

Ford Bronco Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active? 8CED5393-263A-4E51-ABE2-99928D559854

Ford Bronco Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active? 73199A61-9382-41FD-9A88-E6EF0AED1B76

Ford Bronco Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active? 7A2945C8-E27A-44DB-8673-D15ED48F2B44

Last edited:

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Was going to trade in our 2019 Rubicon for the bronco. But that didn't happen will drive it over the winter. The bronco will get here when it gets here also have this on order. Don't know what will show up first the aptera or the bronco.
Ford Bronco Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active? aptera.0

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I 99'd my third day reservation Bronco in June and ordered a Maverick Lariat hybrid. I'll see what MY22 offerers, but will probably wait until MY23 for the modular hard top.
I did the same thing.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yup
Backed my build down from a Badlands to a BaseSquatch and am putting that $11,000 difference into this. I am Installing the new Air Activated Swaybar Disconnect and Winch this weekend and it's ready to Rock Crawl.
Specs in my Showcase and Signature.
Ford Bronco Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active? 1629639001051

We also have a Ford Ranger on order. At this point, it's a race to see which one we get first. The lease on our Escape is up in June, so we are good.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was going to trade in our 2019 Rubicon for the bronco. But that didn't happen will drive it over the winter. The bronco will get here when it gets here also have this on order. Don't know what will show up first the aptera or the bronco.
Ford Bronco Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active? 1629639001051
WTF is that thing?

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It will be my first electric vehicle. I have 2 gas vehicles and a diesel truck. So this is my entry into the electric market. I had a Polaris slingshot years ago loved that. Reminds me of that.
Ford Bronco Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active? images

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It will be my first electric vehicle. I have 2 gas vehicles and a diesel truck. So this is my entry into the electric market. I had a Polaris slingshot years ago loved that. Reminds me of that.
Ford Bronco Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active? images
But what is it?

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Frankly, I've got garages full of crap to drive... Started selling off stuff about a year ago, the Miata, then the Mustang, just to get back within reason. Once my order is placed, I'll pick something else to sell... Probably one of the Jeeps, so the Bronco has a garage space. My wife doesn't care too much for my automotive fetish.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Still have my Lancer but most likely will order a Maverick. I know ship dates are out there for Mavs too but most likely will get it before my Bronco.
Sponsored