Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, after I posted the update yesterday, I got a call from my powertrain engineer contact. They had already shipped a new 7-speed transmission out to the dealer, but they decided to do a video call. They had engineers in Michigan and England on the call while the dealer went through with an oscilloscope trying to pinpoint the source of the noise. Turns out, it's in the front of the engine. So, now they've shipped the dealer a long block as well. Fingers crossed they get it all fixed soon because I am ready to be driving it again.
Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, after I posted the update yesterday, I got a call from my powertrain engineer contact. They had already shipped a new 7-speed transmission out to the dealer, but they decided to do a video call. They had engineers in Michigan and England on the call while the dealer went through with an oscilloscope trying to pinpoint the source of the noise. Turns out, it's in the front of the engine. So, now they've shipped the dealer a long block as well. Fingers crossed they get it all fixed soon because I am ready to be driving it again.
Good luck to you!

I'm not sure what I'd do in your position, but that Maryland Lemon Law you brought up in your update would be looking pretty good right about now too.

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So having engineers work from home during the launch of a new product isn't a good idea?

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like they are on it. it sucks that problems occur, but good that the team is taking your Bronco seriously and is doing what they can to fix it.

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I don't know what the best answer is at this point. If they get it fixed, then I have a Bronco. It sounds like Broncos are not getting easier to come by these days. On the other hand, I have to wonder what a lot of early warranty work will do to value. I'd invoke the "replace" part of the lemon law if I thought I actually could get a replacement, but at this point, that might take as long as just waiting for a new order.

Sponsored

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Another thing that has surprised me a little bit is how little sense of urgency I get from anyone. Nobody seems to care that this brand new $50k vehicle crapped out on me damn near immediately and I'm just sitting around waiting. I have to chase them down to get information and even then, what I get is thin. This is just so different than ownership experiences I've had with other brands. I have grown not to especially trust Tesla as a company, but the warranty and service organization is astounding, especially compared to Ford. This just reinforces to me that the privately owned third party dealer model is garbage. Tesla would have had the entire drivetrain replaced by now, sending me text updates every day, while I drove around in a loaner vehicle better than the one I brought for service. That's been my experience every time. Well, other than the times where a Tesla tech came to my house and fixed my car. They do that for anything minor. It's freakin night and day.
Servicing my 2017 RS was an ABSOLUTE nightmare. The biggest reason I sold the car.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
New motor and trans should take care of the problem. Dealership will love this job.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1 more day till you get another new Bronco 😂! I know 1st gen vehicles have issues but covid and supply chain has killed the 1st/6th gen Bronco. I think in a normal world this might of not happen.
Hopefully when Ford takes this Bronco back and has time to fully go through the vehicle they will let you know what the problem was.

Bestdayever

Base
First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good Luck and have Patience. This is going to draw from both.
I would think FORD would want oil samples from engine and trans before replacing parts helter/skelter.

Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Damn, looks like I kinda called it.

The answer sucks, but you're one step closer to getting your car back.

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wow, my '14 ST has 260,000kms without a single issue!
The ST and the RS were VERY different animals from a powertrain standpoint. Lots of complex AWD tech and a very iffy tune on the RS created a host of problems that weren’t there for the ST

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I don't know what the best answer is at this point. If they get it fixed, then I have a Bronco. It sounds like Broncos are not getting easier to come by these days. On the other hand, I have to wonder what a lot of early warranty work will do to value. I'd invoke the "replace" part of the lemon law if I thought I actually could get a replacement, but at this point, that might take as long as just waiting for a new order.
IIRC, didn't you have an order still open? Your current Bronco was one you picked up that someone abandoned correct. If so, keep your order, sell the current Bronco 2 weeks before yours arrives and get your updated MY22 when it arrives. Start over, problem solved. LOL

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Subscribed cause I would like to know the outcome

Good luck.

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IIRC, didn't you have an order still open? Your current Bronco was one you picked up that someone abandoned correct. If so, keep your order, sell the current Bronco 2 weeks before yours arrives and get your updated MY22 when it arrives. Start over, problem solved. LOL
I have not placed an order yet with my res, as I was waiting on manual Squatch. I still plan on selling this one shortly before taking delivery of the 2-door ManSquatch as planned.
Sponsored