First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine arrived with that same swinggate dent! We're dent siblings!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b32.jpg
This made me laugh way to hard!! They say misery loves company. Didnā€™t want you to be lonely.
Sponsored

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Meanwhile the crews busting it to get us our Broncos are sitting there likeā€¦

Memes-about-WTF-1.png

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would refuse that. no way I'd want a brand new vehicle that had already been through a collision repair, unless they gave some SIGNIFICANT discount on it

OP
OP
fallon

fallon

Outer Banks
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good lord. Iā€™d be half tempted to refuse it and get one reordered. Donā€™t care if they fix it and sell to someone else. Seems like a lot of damage to a brand new car. In my experience stuff like that gets sent to auction by ford and canā€™t be sold as new. But thatā€™s escapes and super duties, not sure if the same applies to Broncos.
Yeah, that is what my gut tells me. Iā€™m going to wait until they give me an update on their proposal before I make any decisions. I know it is at the body shop, and they are preparing an estimate to present to Ford. They said they would let me know how bad it is, and let me decide. Either way I am waiting a fix, or a new build. Then, what if that comes damaged?! That would be awful.

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, that is what my gut tells me. Iā€™m going to wait until they give me an update on their proposal before I make any decisions. I know it is at the body shop, and they are preparing an estimate to present to Ford. They said they would let me know how bad it is, and let me decide. Either way I am waiting a fix, or a new build. Then, what if that comes damaged?! That would be awful.
I've heard of dealer reps being able to get orders in for situations like this that get top priority. That's what I would want from my dealer/dealer rep.

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm curious how common this is overall. Did we just not hear about it? Every week seems to be another report of a damaged bronco. Sorry man.
Donā€™t know about the Bronco specifically, but overall less than 0.1% (or 1 in 1000) vehicles jump the chalks during rail transport. That does not necessarily mean they are damaged.

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If that were mine I'd probably refuse it. Anything less than perfect will always be sitting in the back of my mind everytime I drive it.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What the? Did they leave it in neutral and no parking brake? I know that they donā€™t strap them down in the rail cars but that looks like it just kept rolling back and forth as the train accelerated and slowed down. Thatā€™s just negligence!
They chalk them in the rail transports. Takes a bump force of roughly 8 mphs to jump the chalks on a typical vehicle. For that reason my railroad (canā€™t speak for the OPs shipper) has a classification limit of 6 mph on auto racks. That said, it still sometimes happens that bump forces will exceed 6 mph for a multiple reasons.

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm curious how common this is overall. Did we just not hear about it? Every week seems to be another report of a damaged bronco. Sorry man.
My brother had a mustang fall off the train in 89. I had 2 other friends have special order trucks get totaled in shipping. It happens we are just all more aware now with the interweb

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ouch. If it was one or two panels it would be a easy fix. But that's looks bad. Even if it all get fixed you'll still have a mark on the car fax saying it was in a accident. And that will hurt its resale value in the future. Id ask Ford to discount it or get a lawyer involved.
For this...yes it would definitely be going into CarFax.

Not everything goes into Carfax even if it's an accident by someone else. Seen plenty of minor things get fixed & never reported, like a minor scuff/ding/paint job & so on. If a body panel needs replaced or something else then you'll more than likely see a CarFax since you're replacing original parts that don't fall into regular replacement like tires, brakes, etc or things like dent repair etc.

Sponsored

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Man that sucks! I hope Ford takes care of you, I'm sure they will! I would not take delivery of that one! God speed!

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

the damage is not a "ford" problem, they built the vehicle right it passed QC and was shipped. it is with the transport company, either the rail carrier or the truck carrier. they will be responsible and will pay for the repairs. as far as the carfax report goes, it will not show up because the car is not registered or titled and is treated like it had a factory defect and was repaired. the problem is the quality of the repair. before taking delivery, make sure the repair is perfect. things like the paint texture and reflectivity along with panel gaps need to be perfect. as far as refusal of the vehicle, that is on you. i am sure the dealer will be willing to accept your refusal and sell the vehicle, there are plenty who will pay above MSRP for this. if you reorder, you will probably be at the end of the list but maybe your dealer will lock in your price...

Spray

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think Iā€™ve figured this one out! (Have had a couple cocktails!) Your in South Carolina right? Your train most likely traveled past a horse farm in Kentucky and there was a Mare in season! Your Bronco just wanted out for some wild fun! :p

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Man, I'm sorry. That's just a real bad hand you've been dealt.
Sponsored