First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
why do you think ford went such an aggressive gear on the Sasquatch package?

I have a black diamond reserved, but thinking I may have to move up to badlands to get sway disconnect and 4.7 gears. It’s a ridiculously important thing to have sway disconnected in order to drive slow over difficult terrain.

Coming from a Jeep, it was super easy to install manual quick disconnects. Is it easy to do so on IFS? I’m ignorant of that. Having a button is cool, but if can be done as easy as on below-Rubicon Jeeps, it’s not a deal breaker by any means.

Also, as many a Jeep owner will tell you, 4.7 gearing is very aggressive. The 3.6 in current JK’s has zero trouble running 35’s with 4.10 axles or really even 3.73. It’s not as powerful as the 2.3T either, especially at low RPM.

Manual is 100% required for me, and yes, I’d rather have more power, but I’m not scared of the turbo 4-banger, especially with 4.7 gears.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Orangeinthebarn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 z71, 1992 bronco, 1977 F-150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hope I can help bring some clarity and simplicity to a common question.

It bugs me when I see the same old "what does Sasquatch get me that Badlands doesn't already have" question followed by lazy, partial, or just plain wrong answers. Here is the answer as simple as I can make it.

Badlands vs. BadSquatch.png

Sources (please inform me if I have made an error and I will fix):
  1. Ford Model Comparison .pdf
  2. Ford Preliminary Specifications .pdf

Hopefully this helps facilitate a very specific discussion for those of us that are reserving the Badlands model with the knowledge that we will have to choose between manual and Sasquatch (I hope this changes and becomes a non-issue!).

My take on the subject overall is that Badlands gets you one hell of an off road deal without spending another dime. It is actually SO GOOD that I am seriously getting comfortable with the idea that I really don't need to add Sasquatch onto my Badlands - if I decide the manual is my preferred transmission. If the automatic is my preferred transmission - then no brainer, BadSquatch it is. I would be fine rollin' on 33s til they wear out and evaluate going to 35's at that time.

Remaining questions that I have not seen a good answer for:
  • What is the difference between "Unique Badlands Suspension" and Sasquatch "High Clearance Suspension"?

I'm not sure what's going on with the moderators lately but a similar thread just got combined with another thread that was already 24+ pages long, which makes it hard to focus on a simple topic like this. It'd be great if we can just keep this one short and sweet without contaminating it with a bunch of repeat questions. So please don't delete this / move it if at all possible - and if you have questions or comments, make them educated ones!

Oh by the way, here's my "real" off road rig so I'm not just blowin' smoke:
IMG_0054.JPG
IMG_3605.JPG
IMG_2171.JPG
Your bronco is amazing. I agree with you on badlands. I would be fine with 33’s. Someone had mentioned earlier this week badlands was .84 inch over stock and Sasquatch suspension was 1.6 inch. They both share pretty much the same tuned bilstein suspension. Perhaps it’s close to the same and Sasquatch is a little higher on lift. I think it would be easy to make the badlands suspension identical to Sasquatch very cheaply

FrogGrabber

Black Diamond
First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: 2012 Wrangler, 2015 JKUR, ‘70 Jeepster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
why do you think ford went such an aggressive gear on the Sasquatch package?
I think they want to make the Sasquatch on 35’s feel like it has lots of power. With the 10 speed, can have multiple overdrive gears get those RPM’s low on the highway to make up for aggressive rear end.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No. Trail turn and one pedal is in the Sasquatch.
Trail control on every bronco from my knowledge.

ok now ....................

TRAIL CONTROL is cruise control for off road

TRAIL TURN unlocks rear locker and locks the inside tire depending on what the steering sensor is telling the ECM which way you are turning.

ONE PEDAL DRIVING which manages speed based on gas pedal in other words it will brake for you so you don't have to switch from gas to brake all the time.

SWAYBAR DISCONNECT is only available on two models BL and FE has nothing to do with Sasquatch.

35's on BL Sasquatch is restricted because of body roll from having disconnect.

This is how I understand it. I have gained this knowledge, not by posting here, but by searching here, and reading what is already posted here.

sorry if this comes off wrong but there is a lot of stuff to figure out and all of this back and forth takes up a lot of time.

OP
OP
vrewald14

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your bronco is amazing. I agree with you on badlands. I would be fine with 33’s. Someone had mentioned earlier this week badlands was .84 inch over stock and Sasquatch suspension was 1.6 inch. They both share pretty much the same tuned bilstein suspension. Perhaps it’s close to the same and Sasquatch is a little higher on lift. I think it would be easy to make the badlands suspension identical to Sasquatch very cheaply
Thank you very much. It's been an awesome rig.

I'm looking forward to having a "trail warrior" old Bronco and a "trail princess" new Bronco. Or at least one I can drive to the trail without going deaf (wind noise aside my current bronco tires and exhaust is LOUD!)

Sponsored

Navy94

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good question. I had thought high clearance meant "small lift" to clear the 35s....and "Special suspension" was the disconnecting sway bars.

So, are we certain the Badlands has the entire Squatch suspension????
The Squatch actually includes a 3” lift for the 35’s to clear the fenders. So there is that aspect to consider

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The purpose of this thread was to simplified the badlands trim with or with Sasquatch and I think it has failed. LOL!

Anyway, If I went with the Badlands without the Sasquatch package with the 2.7, I would get 4.46 gears. BTW this scenario gets me 33s.

I would then replace the 33s with 35s. Do you think, 4.46 gears turning 35s would be sufficient?

I think they want to make the Sasquatch on 35’s feel like it has lots of power. With the 10 speed, can have multiple overdrive gears get those RPM’s low on the highway to make up for aggressive rear end.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

*SAMSQUANCH

Sponsored

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

where did you get the 3" lift from?
Seriously. This thread made my head spin. It's like beating a dead horse at this point. So much misinformation being thrown around, i give up.

colotex

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus RC350 F Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
first post but I've lurked for awhile. have a badlands reserved. really wanted sasquatch and the 35" tires but I prefer AT over MT (drive some highway miles and in the snow in colo). i'll off road in the durango/silverton/ouray area but that's about it. not a big mudder or beach guy or sand guy. would the experts on the board rec I get the badlands without the sasquatch and just stick with the 33" ATs (or add 35" ATs later), OR should I get the sasquatch and switch the MTs out for ATs later? Or does anyone really know yet? this is the biggest question i've been dealing with while I wait for the website to get up and running in August....Badlands with or without Squatch.

On a side note, if someone had the basic badlands package with the 33ATs and wanted to switch to 35ATs, how big of a deal is that? i'm having a hard time figuring out / understanding if that's going to require a lift.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The purpose of this thread was to simplified the badlands trim with or with Sasquatch and I think it has failed. LOL!

Anyway, If I went with the Badlands without the Sasquatch package with the 2.7, I would get 4.46 gears. BTW this scenario gets me 33s.

I would then replace the 33s with 35s. Do you think, 4.46 gears turning 35s would be sufficient?

For most scenarios it will be. Get good MPG's !!! If you find yourself needing a little more pep or if you are more off road then you would might want to "bump" it up. Or you could do choose the band-aid that most choose.....................tuner.