First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why do you say that? I think the Base could see a larger increase than the higher models ( less profit built in from the start)
Because I understand Economics and it makes sense!

I am so confident in my opinion that I offer you the following wager. We have been told 4Dr Badlands markup is $825. I bet you that $825 increase is larger than the 4Dr Base price increase will be. If I am right, you give me the $825 Badlands increase amount. If I am wrong and Base price increases by $2000, I will pay you the $2000.

Do you accept?
Sponsored

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah I'm with you. Now that I calmed down (and drank my coffee) I'm fine with how they're doing price protection. As I said in an earlier post - I had a Wildtrak ordered and switched to a Badlands yesterday. If I end up "losing" $100 or something because the Badlands goes up a bit more than the Wildtrak...eh with a vehicle this expensive that's a rounding error.

The only things I'm a bit apprehensive about (and I haven't seen any real info about price increases for optional equipment) - the cost increase of some of the bigger add-ons I'm getting on my Badlands. Namely, the LUX package, Sasquatch, and leather seats. All the other stuff I'm adding is pretty small but those three are the biggies that really jack up the price. I'm getting those anyway...because if I'm going to spend this much on a vehicle I'm going to get everything I want. Just hoping those stay about the same or at least don't go up by more than a couple hundred across all three.
Oh yeah. That's going to be ass when they jack up packages. The didn't really on the Mach E but that vehicle had virtually no packages. The volume trim didn't have "packages" besides the battery sizes. I am definitely worried that Ford will increase the Sasquatch package or the mid, high, packages.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay, jokes aside, the only issue I have with their bulletin is that I don't know if they are implying orders placed by March 2019 or by March 19th of some random year (sure hope they don't pick 2000, all the computers were exploding!).
March 19, 2021 was the last day to convert your reservation to an order. If after I guess you are not price protected.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone should have switched to a Badlands/Wildtrak even if you didn't want one.
This statement implies that Ford will issue credits based on your current order rather than your reservation/order as of 3/19.

I hope the credit is for the current Badlands order that's in their system and not the Base model I reserved/initially ordered to get a timestamp/place in line.

Edit: Thanks, bytheway. I read right past the second bullet that says order details as of 10/1.

Last edited:

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem is that the customer was allowed to choose any build they wanted under the sun. Then given MONTHS of fair warning that they needed to decide upon a final build to be in the system.

But now if that same person who was warned multiple times decides to make entire trim-level changes (assuming this is again, for the first or third time), then the price would change.

Obviously the smart move by ford would be hiring a team of psychics and line them up in a call center where they would reach out (through the cosmos of infinite futures of their minds) to each wishy-washy customer because they were only given ~6 months to make their minds up on a build. Then Ford could provide a free 8-hour life-coaching session to spirit guide that person towards making their final vehicle decision, again. Again.

THAT is the problem here! Ford has lost me!!!!!! And how do you raise prices in 2022 after 2 years of covid? They should be lowering prices to match deflation!

Okay, jokes aside, the only issue I have with their bulletin is that I don't know if they are implying orders placed by March 2019 or by March 19th of some random year (sure hope they don't pick 2000, all the computers were exploding!).

or Ford could have just kept the damn prices the same across the board for early 2021 to the 2022 orders...was I supposed to change an order that was 99ed only to have to redo the entire order when banks reopen?

"hi, I want to change my order that I know isnt coming this model year that I'll have to reorder again in a few weeks". that's dumb.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why do you say that? I think the Base could see a larger increase than the higher models ( less profit built in from the start)
I agree 100%...we need to wait and see before jumping to conclusions.

ChrisCozart

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond (non-Sas.)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Read the document again. You get a voucher for the price difference on the model you had ordered. It can be applied to any model Bronco (except special edition). If you had a 4 door badlands ordered for 2021, you can get $825 off a base 2 door in 2022.
Understood. My whole assumption with price protection is that all models for '22 order that were pushed over from '21 would hold the same '21 pricing, but if I will only get whatever credit is equal to the price difference between a '21 and '22 BlackDiamond, but still be forced to pay '22 prices for an OuterBanks, then I'm still losing. I should have converted by '21 order prior to 10/1 to the OB and I would have been fine. I even emailed my sales rep asking to do this and got crickets in response. :-{

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This statement implies that Ford will issue credits based on your current order rather than your reservation/order as of 3/19.

I hope the credit is for the current Badlands order that's in their system and not the Base model I reserved/initially ordered to get a timestamp/place in line.
2nd line of the document. Based on what you have reserved/ordered as of 10/1/21.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The problem is that the customer was allowed to choose any build they wanted under the sun. Then given MONTHS of fair warning that they needed to decide upon a final build to be in the system.

But now if that same person who was warned multiple times decides to make entire trim-level changes (assuming this is again, for the first or third time), then the price would change.

Obviously the smart move by ford would be hiring a team of psychics and line them up in a call center where they would reach out (through the cosmos of infinite futures of their minds) to each wishy-washy customer because they were only given ~6 months to make their minds up on a build. Then Ford could provide a free 8-hour life-coaching session to spirit guide that person towards making their final vehicle decision, again. Again.

THAT is the problem here! Ford has lost me!!!!!! And how do you raise prices in 2022 after 2 years of covid? They should be lowering prices to match deflation!

See, you said exactly what I said, I just used less words. I knew you would be able to more eloquently say what I was thinking so I waited for your supporting text. Btw, do I need to reach out to your agent to get copyright permission to use your likeness as my avatar like other forum members?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
See, you said exactly what I said, I just used less words. I knew you would be able to more eloquently say what I was thinking so I waited for your supporting text. Btw, do I need to reach out to your agent to get copyright permission to use your likeness as my avatar like other forum members?
For some reason as the Forum Gods struck down my avatar, there have been others carrying the mantle of trust, support, and angelic voices. You're strongly encouraged to use a Rick Astley avatar!!!!

Some say it's impossible for him to sing without children crying in joy, and that he can't run for President because they only allow you to lead one country at a time, all we know, is he'll never let you down!

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Price Protection Announced rick with brew avatar

Sponsored

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Because I understand Economics and it makes sense!

I am so confident in my opinion that I offer you the following wager. We have been told 4Dr Badlands markup is $825. I bet you that $825 increase is larger than the 4Dr Base price increase will be. If I am right, you give me the $825 Badlands increase amount. If I am wrong and Base price increases by $2000, I will pay you the $2000.

Do you accept?
You may be right, I don’t have a crystal ball. I also understand economic, but I understand marketing as well. History shows us that automakers will mark down Base models to show a lower starting price to get people interested in the line and up sale to a higher model.
my comment wasn’t meant as an insult, just as conversation and I’m not risking any amount on my uneducated option or your obvious high opinion of yourself.
I work for a living!

Liquid_Todd~AZ

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Everyone should have switched to a Badlands/Wildtrak even if you didn't want one. Kind of like the Mod top credit from earlier this year. Also sounds like there's nothing to compensate for the capable vs modular bumper difference on Badlands/Black Diamond. I'm sure people will be upset once the full details come out.

Posted by @DealerInsider

Announcement:

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Price Protection Announced rick with brew avatar
I might be one of the few beneficiaries if this is actually true and I understand it correctly, I couldn’t wait any longer for my 4 door wildtrack and pulled the trigger on a 2021 F150. Instead of canceling my wildtrack order I am planning to change it to a 2 door base non squatch early next year!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
or Ford could have just kept the damn prices the same across the board for early 2021 to the 2022 orders...was I supposed to change an order that was 99ed only to have to redo the entire order when banks reopen?

"hi, I want to change my order that I know isnt coming this model year that I'll have to reorder again in a few weeks". that's dumb.
Not sure where your gripe is. If you don't change your order, you have locked in pricing. They already planned production based on orders that were in the system.

You change your mind, they change the price. This seems entirely acceptable and anticipated.

It's not exactly a logical leap that prices would increase between years, and that they would do so disproportionately in a time when automakers have rolling plant closures due to chip or other commodity constraints.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not quite sure what the problem is here?
I totally agree. Seems pretty cut and dry and I fail to see how anyone is getting dunked. They are simply providing a certificate to deduct from the price found on the MY 22 ordering system.