Sponsored

Hand out Sasquatches instead of ducks? (part 2, the conclusion)

Kmonty

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Husband’s vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The amount of push back is astounding. I for one am excited to be back into a niche community. As a former jeep owner, I missed the wave, the friendliness, the community. Yeah, it’s a vehicle but I just enjoyed the positivity that came with it in such a negative world.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The amount of push back is astounding. I for one am excited to be back into a niche community. As a former jeep owner, I missed the wave, the friendliness, the community. Yeah, it’s a vehicle but I just enjoyed the positivity that came with it in such a negative world.
Yeah, no kidding. This community has a long way to go to catch up with Jeep. But then again you have a large group of people here who know little to nothing about off-roading or the kind of adventures these vehicles are built for, not to mention the bond that creates with others when you're wheeling. But here's hoping they'll learn.

Anyway, we'll make the sticker for them to place on their driver window and we'll respect their desire not to be Squatch'd.

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went through the "Don't Touch" phase with the '69 Mach 1 and the '14 GT500. So done with that!! The Bronco is a toy for me. It's not a show piece, it'll be muddy at times and we'll have it out exploring. Squatch it, Duck it, doesn't matter. I drove the dealer mannequin and saw respect from Jeep peeps and other wheelers alike. Sounds cool,,,, carry on JeepCreep,,, 🤣🤣
We'll do our best to Squatch ya, 7722!

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wouldn't the safest solution be to assume the worst, and not touch or leave anything on any person's vehicle?
The safest assumption is to assume the best about people in this world, because most people are friendly and nice. I'm certainly not going to start living my life in fear of being friendly and inclusive of others.

You can simply place the sticker on your driver side window when it becomes available. You will not be charged for the sticker, you merely need to request it.

Sponsored

TJ308

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Mustang LX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sanity? That thing left a loooooong time ago. I enjoy watching behavior and try understand why and how people work. The Jeep people waving at Bronco people is one of those things. If, "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand", there is agreement because, I don't. If not, the wave loses it's meaning and exclusivity to Jeep only. Confusion should be the correct term because I've not been exposed to "the wave" or "the look" before and find it amusing and annoying at the same time. It feels like being forced to play a game you've never played and don't know the "rules".

This is all tongue in cheek stuff. I get it but also get interested in reactions. How some of the people that whip their heads around when they see one don't have C-spine damage is beyond me. Also have had people take the wave back after seeing it wasn't another Jeep. That is LOL funny stuff, swear to God, state law.
Growing up in Nebraska the jeep wave thing made no sense to me because everyone waived to everyone whether you were driving a Mustang, or a Silverado, but I agree everyone seems so up tight anymore its sad

Kmonty

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Husband’s vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can I change my mind about the title? I like Squatch’d. 😂😂 Also, now that I’m back to making money after my maternity leave, let me know what we decide and I’ll buy my share. I want to keep one on my unit so the little kids’ teeth I clean can look at it. While their parents gawk at my ride (fingers crossed it is actually built this month).

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Let's say for a second that I get 'squatched'. if I then take that squatch, run it through a 3d scanner and then print a replica with a 3d printer to give to 2 more people that I spot later on, will Bill Gates send me the Neimann Marcus cookie recipe?

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello everyone,

Terrific response to the concept of 'Squatching from many of you here on the forums. Now that the 6th generation Broncos are finally hitting the streets (I've been driving mine for a week or so now), it's clearly the time to start our own special Bronco traditions... and the enthusiasm is off the charts. In case you missed the other threads, the basic idea is to spread the fun and camaraderie of Bronco ownership in a similar vein to what the Jeep community does -- they call it "ducking." But instead of little yellow ducks, your Bronco is going to get a visit from a regular Sasquatch! Yours to keep and enjoy, or simply place on another Bronco owner's rig that you like.

We have some early challenges.

1. Mini Bigfoots/Sasquatches aren't cheap. Cheapest unit price is around $2/unit.
  2. Squatches in that price range are VERY small. Usually 1"-1.5" in height, easy to miss.
  3. The figurines we're reviewing tend not to be colorful, at least not yet, so they might be missed based on blending in, too.
  4. The figurines we're reviewing don't always easily stand on their own two feet. A little wind or vibration could topple them over... unlike the ducks.
Also, we need to produce a gloss laminate sticker for those who don't wish to be 'Squatched. To be respectful of those owners who simply can't stand for a little plastic Bigfoot to be placed anywhere on their vehicle (sigh) we will provide a sticker which can be ordered via Bronco6G and possibly other facebook venues. This is the best solution to avoid annoying folks who don't wish to receive respect and adoration for their beautiful vehicles, or be part of a special community of owners.

I'm tagging the following users who want in: NewBroncoOwner, who has graphic design experience, Stroopaloop, WerkedPerformance, Bronco72, Kmonty (who truly seems to be "all in!"), and BroncoAdventures, among others.

There are going to be two general categories of responses to this thread.

1) People who are excited about 'Squatching.
2) People who want to complain about 'Squatching.

Let's get it all out there. Don't like it? Don't want it? That's fine, we could use your input on the gloss laminate sticker design, something you'll be comfortable adhering to your vehicle as a form of opting out.

Like it? LOVE it? I'd love to find someone with 3D design skills who might be able to build our prototype 'Squatch. Also, the small paper notes ("You've been 'Squatched!") which will be attached to the figurines.

Hoping to get the conversation started. I'm sure there will be some negativity but this is a very young community and it's to be expected. We can grow from this!

Thanks!

Dewreckingcrew

Badlands
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 3.5 Boost and 2009 6.4 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol... can't wait for the responses on the gloss sticker. Your solution for people not wanting other to touch their vehicles is to have them put a sticker on their vehicle? Do they sound like the type that want to adhere a sticker to their vehicle?

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lol... can't wait for the responses on the gloss sticker. Your solution for people not wanting other to touch their vehicles is to have them put a sticker on their vehicle? Do they sound like the type that want to adhere a sticker to their vehicle?
Just put it under their windshield wiper?
Sponsored