Erica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I will never understand "adults" being obsessed with and collecting/playing with children's toys...

The entire adult Legos, die-cast, and plushy marketing and sub-culture is some cringe nu-male shit that I just can not get on board with.

You do you, but I am not a fan of this at all.
Well, it happens that I am a female, not this "nu-male" you speak off. Not only men own Broncos.
Besides that, everyone is obsessed with something, doesn't matter if its toys, guns, cars, etc. its all pretty pointless when you step back and examine.
So, I shall do me. It was always the intention.
Sponsored

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bet OP was the girl in high school that wanted a beetle to put little flowers in the vase mounted to the dash..

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, it happens that I am a female, not this "nu-male" you speak off. Not only men own Broncos.
Besides that, everyone is obsessed with something, doesn't matter if its toys, guns, cars, etc. its all pretty pointless when you step back and examine.
So, I shall do me. It was always the intention.
Whew! I really ruffled some fethers in this thread! LoL!!!

I really liked the comment where the posters daughter was painting rocks with landscapes and broncos and offering those as trinkets to fellow pony drivers. I find that to be more endearing and fun than plushys, or ducks, or die-cast models being passed out.

But hey, if you like the dolls and other stuff have at it! No skin off my back. Its my opinion that I don't get the attraction to them and I'm not a fan of the idea of litering this stuff on people's vehicles. That's all I was trying to say....

Have a good day, sorry for rocking the boat.

Sponsored

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The duck thing was never my cup of tea, but hey alot of people enjoyed it. I can't help but think that some of their dashes look like an art car with the number of ducks they have perched up to attract more ducks.
I've gotten 2 "pokey" type horses and a Bronco air freshener so far. It makes for a nice story but that was all for me.
Alot of us Bronco owners came from the Jeeping world, which I guess helps feed the discussions of ducks and name decals for the Bronco. However, I never really heard this talk with FJ or 4 Runner groups who also run in the off-road crowd. I guess what I am saying is it is okay to not do all the same thing as the Jeepers.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...and lets not forget those noisy , stinkin', infantile AWD RC cars burning nitro (or highly flammable battery set ups) , sticking the landings after making 35ft jumps, or presenting us with spectacular end for end crashes if they don't.

Damn kids !!! (Angrily shakes fist at the sky , adjusts tennis balls on his walker and shuffles away)
Big old kid comin' through 😁

But for the record @Imonamoose , I hate those buckin' ducks and plastic squatches.

Ford Bronco How about these instead of ducks? 1689022972767

Ford Bronco How about these instead of ducks? 1689023059171

GameWarden

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So many questions about this.
Do those go with the vehicle when they trade?
Don’t you think most of those folks are just buying the little ducks themselves so they can have 200 on the dash? And
How on earth do they keep them up there? Glue, Velcro or do they coat the dash with movie theater soda?
Hard pass for me, but better than the little vases they were putting in the VE Beetle I guess.

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So many questions about this.
Do those go with the vehicle when they trade?
Don’t you think most of those folks are just buying the little ducks themselves so they can have 200 on the dash? And
How on earth do they keep them up there? Glue, Velcro or do they coat the dash with movie theater soda?
Hard pass for me, but better than the little vases they were putting in the VE Beetle I guess.
My gf xj came with the center console full of ducks when we bought it off a nice retired couple. I gave them all to the nieces.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone opposed to hand painted rocks with Broncos and scenery? My daughter is painting them and plans to bubble wrap them. Even started an Instagram called rockedbroncos when she starts passing them out. Nothing on Instagram yet.
I'm anti-duck and would be genuinely flattered to get a hand painted rock. What a great project!

Rock on!🤘

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will never understand "adults" being obsessed with and collecting/playing with children's toys...

The entire adult Legos, die-cast, and plushy marketing and sub-culture is some cringe nu-male shit that I just can not get on board with.

You do you, but I am not a fan of this at all.
Amazing that you just got here. Ohh where ohh where have you been all this time? …….. :rolleyes:

It’s a trinket that shows someone likes something you have. After all, you do like the Bronco for the “look” primarily I’d be willing to bet, so when someone gives you some of that attention you crave, it’s an issue?

Overreacting to something simple is much more childish than adults with toys.

Gotta go back to my PlayStation and I’m 46. 🤪

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait a second, it's rubber DUCKS we're supposed to put on Jeeps all these years? I misunderstood a letter, and I've put so many dildos on Jeeps and Broncos these last few years :(
Sponsored