Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Exploder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, your math is right (barring odd chip delays and the like), Ford can and will make them just as you said. Ford has INTENTIONALLY CHOSEN to give their favored dealers more allocations (not officially yet, but the initial numbers support that) than reserved orders that they will use to put dealer stock on the lot and sell to anyone off the street. That means they value many reservation holders not one bit. Again, it is not a capacity issue, it is a CHOICE that Ford is making to punish the small dealers for being uppity and having gotten too many orders that the big dealers wanted and trying to drive their customers to the big dealers Ford likes better.
@Ford Motor Company
Sponsored

Quack Head

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Exploder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it is irrelevant what is equitable for the dealers. what is relevant is that Ford set up the reservation system by time stamp order. we did not create the system, and the dealers did not create the system. Ford says sign up for your Bronco at ANY DEALER you choose. Ford did not say sign up for a Bronco at any dealer that we decide to give allocations to. what part of that is not understandable? signing up for a Bronco at any dealer i choose was apparently just a "guideline", that Ford never communicated to us at time of reservation.

Ford did not say upfront that they can and will change the rules after the fact. we took Ford at their word. Ford did not say reserve your Bronco and they will decide which dealer gets the allocation. If Ford says your Bronco will come based on time stamp order then most rational people would believe that was what they would do. i don't remember the fine print saying reserve your Bronco and we will build and deliver based on allocations to the dealer. if that was so then why the fffff would they originally tell us to choose ANY DEALER? does any rational person believe we would reserve a Bronco in 2020 so that we could receive it in 2024 and beyond?

it should be irrelevant what other dealers sell and don't sell of Ford products. because Ford rewards dealers who dump their unwanted products, they should be rewarded? how about Ford make products that are of good quality and good value, that consumers WANT to purchase, so that their is no need to reward big dealers who sell a greater quantity of their less desired mobiles. make product that consumers want, then sell all of them you can...Ford.

it is equitable for consumers to reward individual dealers who offer the price, service, and integrity they are seeking. Granger is that dealer. if every Ford sold was through Granger, then i guess the other dealers would have to improve their game to compete. instead, many reservists, now orderists, will not follow through on their Bronco orders and buy something else...like a Jeep. sure Ford will still sell the Broncos, but upset customer attitudes will linger, and long term effects on Ford business are likely. uh you hearing this...Ford
@Ford Motor Company

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But the Pandemic, travel restrictions and sheer boredom were the perfect combination to jump into this Bronco release and we kicked things off with 100 dollars and a promise we were going to get ours in "relative order".
And by the way, if Ford had rolled out this vehicle in the "normal" way, no one would be complaining about unkept promises. The issue is with selling it as a reservation program and then rug-pulling the people with reservations after deciding, "nah maybe we didn't want a real reservation program after all".

All people want is for Ford to live up to things that Ford itself said on many occasions!

Robtw

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh heā€™s pissed now!! This is how Ford feels about their end users. 100% .
definitely moving on from ford.

@Zach@Granger im sorry that Ford feels like this about your business with them
D323B053-ED60-4284-8C9A-BB26FC7AAB51.png

We made the reservations with Ford. Dealer should not matter when filling reservations in order! Allocations should be for dealer stock.

Sponsored

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mike Levine is so tone deaf he couldnā€™t hear a F-16 full afterburner takeoff while standing on the runway.

Mike Levine is so Tone Deaf that you'd swear Helen Keller's hearing was good enough for sonar and was able to discern the difference between perfect pitch and a 0.005 Hz deviation.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think this redirection has a lot to do with supply chain issues. Car dealerships of all brands are extremely low on inventory and have been for months. Supply chain recovery is predicted to be in Q3 of 2022, which is a long way away. I'd bet now it is to the point that the slow sel of inventory is not even covering a dealership's fixed costs. Restructuring the allocation formula is a tip in the direction to keep some dealerships solvent by spreading more non-reservation-order Broncos to dealer stock so the dealers can recoup financial losses from 2020 - 2022. The more dealerships that can stay afloat allows Ford to sell more units. An allocation formula that disfavors small dealerships could be antithetical to supporting Ford's dealership base.

If there is a root cause to all this, I'd say it was Ford's insistence to move forward with a direct-reservation process in the path of a global pandemic. Understandably Ford's executives had no crystal ball to tread into such an issue as a global pandemic with unknown outcome of it. Being positive that the would supply chain system would recover quickly, the decision to keep with the direct-reservation model, which left dealerships out of the loop, was in hindsight an error.

The whole thing is a mess. As an interested business person, how this is being navigated is insightful.
I understand but.....I ordered a Ranger Tremor on 8-18, it is scheduled to be delivered on 11-22. Many have reported ordering a new Jeep to have it home within 60-90 days. If it was just supplies....then they could not do this. I realize many brands are having similar issues. But fact remains, if they have the parts....they can build the entire reservation back log by August 2022. My guess....they are building units "outside of" the reservation numbers....or there is an issue that some how, Ford believes they cannot full fill all reservation orders by the end of next year. Otherwise...there would be NO need for allocations.

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why is that relevant? All that means is the market allowed you to negotiate a deal presumably below MSRP. The market is really not allowing Bronco to be sold below MSRP. Ford's move, while BS if true, is just a reflection of a market adjustment.

While several members here have been pissing on the dealer franchise distribution model, it is what in fact allows buyers to negotiate below MSRP deals. Under Ford's change in allocation rules, if true, it will allow the market to act as it traditionally does, which overall keeps prices lower.

Tesla's direct-market sales model allows no price competition.
Perhaps they should go to a Tesla like system, or hear me out here, honor the reservation time stamps. How hard is that to do? It didnā€™t seem hard when they were asking us to throw down a hundred bucks. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

gammaguybronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While I don't discount what you've said we all know the the dealers are Fords customers. And Ford has said many times that they can't do anything about dealers selling Broncos with an astronomical ADM added, because they are independent franchises. So, why then would Ford care if a dealer sold his Broncos at a discounted price. Ford has already gotten their money. Hell, I can't even understand why Ford would care if a dealer gave them away. The term "Follow the money" comes to mind in this situation.
Brand devaluing? These things are being marked up by 15-30k by some dealers. How is that brand devaluing? You think a $2,000 under invoice price is going to make the news over the dealers marking up Broncos by tens of thousands? Ford doesnā€™t have a brand devaluing problem, they have thug problem and they may also be in the corporate office.

Sponsored

Deleted member 5064

Perhaps they should go to a Tesla like system, or hear me out here, honor the reservation time stamps. How hard is that to do? It didnā€™t seem hard when they were asking us to throw down a hundred bucks. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Exactly this. Ordering , and taking delivery of my Tesla was the easiest most stress free car buying experience in over 10+ auto purchases.

Last edited by a moderator:

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Zach@Granger

For those of us looking at 2024/2025 who have converted our orders, what do we have to do to stay in the system. I guess Ford has implemented some kind of trap door where if we do nothing we will automatically get canceled?

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Zach@Granger

For those of us looking at 2024/2025 who have converted our orders, what do we have to do to stay in the system. I guess Ford has implemented some kind of trap door where if we do nothing we will automatically get canceled?
We should be good through 2023. We'll see how allocation plays out at that point.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Brand devaluing? These things are being marked up by 15-30k by some dealers. How is that brand devaluing? You think a $2,000 under invoice price is going to make the news over the dealers marking up Broncos by tens of thousands? Ford doesnā€™t have a brand devaluing problem, they have thug problem and they may also be in the corporate office.
Brand devaluing happens when you can pick up an F series for 12k off and 0%, not $1k below invoice.
Sponsored