Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This whole sales system sucks. The OEM/dealership business model is due for a major overhaul.
Maybe you would like to buy cars like you do cereal? Cereal one pays a 40% mark up with no negotiation or haggle pricing.
In the system you hate, you pay 4% for vehicles if you pay msrp. If you purchase for invoice you are paying about 1% markup. Id rather pay this 1% rather than the 40% markup at grocery stores!
Sponsored

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Omg, all this nonsense had me spend a few minutes contemplating a Ranger Tremor. Meh, Iā€™ve got a truck already.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe you would like to buy cars like you do cereal? Cereal one pays a 40% mark up with no negotiation or haggle pricing.
In the system you hate, you pay 4% for vehicles if you pay msrp. If you purchase for invoice you are paying about 1% markup. Id rather pay this 1% rather than the 40% markup at grocery stores!
Franchise laws are crony capitalism. The NADA is one of the most powerful lobbies in Washington, DC. The only reason we canā€™t order a vehicle directly from the manufacturer is because the government protects dealers from other business models, which possibly could better serve the customer.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You got your Bronco delivered from Granger already? One of the lucky few? Seems to me there is about 45 pages so far in this thread about stress and frustration with Fordā€™s online reservation and allocation system šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Why are you here?

portland_lol

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think the Tweet by Levine telling people to basically seek out a Dealership that sells the right quantities of the whole Ford line and has a Reservation and allocation level that will support getting a '22 is ridiculous. I was annoyed before, but after reading that I am pissed. Like I am going to call around and get sales Volume numbers, Allocation and Reservation levels from every Ford dealer in my area, assuming they would even give me that info.

Is he really that tone deaf to make that comment? Ford has basically dropped us all into a maze while telling us to figure it out on how to get a Bronco at the end, and at the same time telling us they can move walls at any time. I really wanted a Bronco, but Im not a glutton for punishment, and there is no way in hell I am waiting another 1, 2 or god forbid 3 more years for one.
very underrated post. the bronco keeps looking like an uglier car with everyday because of the way things are going down with ford

Sponsored

portland_lol

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No, your math is right (barring odd chip delays and the like), Ford can and will make them just as you said. Ford has INTENTIONALLY CHOSEN to give their favored dealers more allocations (not officially yet, but the initial numbers support that) than reserved orders that they will use to put dealer stock on the lot and sell to anyone off the street. That means they value many reservation holders not one bit. Again, it is not a capacity issue, it is a CHOICE that Ford is making to punish the small dealers for being uppity and having gotten too many orders that the big dealers wanted and trying to drive their customers to the big dealers Ford likes better.
solid post

Deleted member 5064

Why are you here?
I suppose like most others here just trying to gain some knowledge about how the new ā€œallocationā€œ aka moving target system Ford is using for 2022 to best understand when I might be able to get my Bronco.

Last edited by a moderator:

portland_lol

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been pissed off about this since Friday. I live outside of Chicago, and the Ford dealers around me are all scumbags who won't be clear with you about anything. I've talked to a couple about transferring and no one will give me a straight answer on either pricing or allocations.

I'm keeping my Granger reservation, and since i'm an attorney, im seriously considering suing Ford for breach of contract. I think based upon my $100 dollar deposit and the communication from Ford about the reservation system, i can make a case out of it. I think we might have some consumer protection laws in Illinois that i might be able to rope in as well as extra counts to my complaint, i have to do some research.

Litigation is extremely time intensive and expensive and I don't have a problem with using my own time to make Ford bleed a little bit. It may not be a lot to the company, but we'll see what they come up with and how far they are willing to take it. I'll litigate it out to trial through discovery over the next 2 years and see if they want to flush a couple bronco's worth of profit down the toilet over one pissed off attorney who isn't getting his bronco until 2030.
in my best sam kinnison voice in back to school. i like the way you think.

Scumby

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lol basically same boat. Our plan is to fly out there then drive about 1700 miles home, figure I'd do some sight seeing on the way but I'd still rather make the trip for an honest dealer then deal with some sleezy one.
Same here. 1700 miles, bonding with my son. Will spend all I saved driving back having a great time.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same here. 1700 miles, bonding with my son. Will spend all I saved driving back having a great time.
Me and my son took a road trip with a Silverado 2500 and a slide in camper. Best money I ever spent...

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I suppose like most others here just trying to gain some knowledge about how the new ā€œallocationā€œ aka moving target system Ford is using for 2022 to best understand when I might be able to get my Bronco.
Here's an explanation of how it works:
Ford Bronco Granger Ford -2022 Bronco Allocation - No one said it was going to be easy Calculations
:

mpoteet

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 79 CJ5, 78 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Answer: whichever Bronco costs less for the dealer to purchase. If the dealer buys one for $40k and one for $51k and sell both for $50k which one makes more money?

To answer the other question which Bronco does Ford make more on?
It is the Bronco they sell that no one ordered. If Ford pre sells 50k Broncos in 21 but then moves 20k of those orders to 22, while selling an additional 20k Broncos as lot order they have just sold 70k Broncos not the original 50k unit total.

Wait Iā€™ve seen this beforeā€¦.
All I have ever owned are Fords. Iā€™ve bought 19 brand new vehicles in 25 years including Platinum F150, Lincoln, GT500, GT350 to name a few. After being treated this way, I will never buy another Ford automobile and will trade the ones I have now in for something else. I honestly feel pretty ridiculous being loyal to them all these years when there were probably a lot better vehicles I could have been enjoying.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Franchise laws are crony capitalism. The NADA is one of the most powerful lobbies in Washington, DC. The only reason we canā€™t order a vehicle directly from the manufacturer is because the government protects dealers from other business models, which possibly could better serve the customer.
So you can pay more for the same car like Tesla does. No thank you!
With the dealer system dealers are in competition with each other providing us better than msrp pricing. They donā€™t make money on new car sales but they do on parts and service.

Gritty

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been pissed off about this since Friday. I live outside of Chicago, and the Ford dealers around me are all scumbags who won't be clear with you about anything. I've talked to a couple about transferring and no one will give me a straight answer on either pricing or allocations.

I'm keeping my Granger reservation, and since i'm an attorney, im seriously considering suing Ford for breach of contract. I think based upon my $100 dollar deposit and the communication from Ford about the reservation system, i can make a case out of it. I think we might have some consumer protection laws in Illinois that i might be able to rope in as well as extra counts to my complaint, i have to do some research.

Litigation is extremely time intensive and expensive and I don't have a problem with using my own time to make Ford bleed a little bit. It may not be a lot to the company, but we'll see what they come up with and how far they are willing to take it. I'll litigate it out to trial through discovery over the next 2 years and see if they want to flush a couple bronco's worth of profit down the toilet over one pissed off attorney who isn't getting his bronco until 2030.
You can also add my name to the list, I have a 9/19/20 res, 1/20/21 order for a 2dr Wildtrack. I cannot get my dealer, nor any dealer here in NC to commit or even respond to me. All I keep thinking is it wasn't too long ago the auto industry was bailed out with tax payer money, I guess this is how they pay us back. Side note: If Ford has 125,000 res's, how much money have they made off the 12,500,000.00 they are sitting on?

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you can pay more for the same car like Tesla does. No thank you!
With the dealer system dealers are in competition with each other providing us better than msrp pricing. They donā€™t make money on new car sales but they do on parts and service.
Sure, if you're talking about a Ford Fiesta.
Sponsored