Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Finally, someone answered the question because honestly I didn’t know. My questions weren’t out of sarcasm.

If you knew the line was long, then you have to wait. I don’t see why many have a problem with that. If you knew, still did the deal, then fine. I have no issue with that.

However, other stores that don’t have a nearly 1000 order list shouldn’t have to wait to get their allocated stock units until all those customer orders from small stores like Granger get filled. That’s not their problem.
The difference is I thought it was a two hour line under the outlined rules then being told they were changing the rules and now it's a five hour line.
(Hours equal years in my example 🙂)
Sponsored

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Its still just coming down to - no I can't get a local dealer to commit to MSRP. in fact they are going to hold out for the walk-in moron who knows little to nothing about the Bronco & pay $100K cash. So as it is right now as a reservationist I've been told "many years" & I know that equates to five years (maybe six) how is that even realistic? If it weren't so sickening it'd be funny.
In five or six years I might be dead. The asteroid may have come & flattened the planet, in other words basically unless I can even find a Bronco, & want to pay double or $25K over msrp -- I'm just not going to be driving one. And I refuse to pay that. So, I & hundreds of others like me are screwed & the whole idea of purchasing one is pretty much toast. And fuck Ford. This I will not forget.

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Its still just coming down to - no I can't get a local dealer to commit to MSRP. in fact they are going to hold out for the walk-in moron who knows little to nothing about the Bronco & pay $100K cash. So as it is right now I've been told "many years" & I know that equates to five years (maybe six) how is that even realistic? If it weren't so sickening it'd be funny.
In five or six years I might be dead. The asteroid may have come & flattened the planet, in other words basically unless I can even find a Bronco, & want to pay double or $25K over msrp -- I'm just not going to be driving one. And I refuse to pay that. So, I & so many of us are screwed & the whole idea of purchasing one is pretty much toast. And fuck Ford. This I will not forget.

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very true, but why is it that Ford is affected by years and I can order a Jeep Rubicon tomorrow and be driving it in less than 100 days? Ford is doing something wrong here.
Ford has no idea what there doing Jeep does. Jeep has been making Wranglers for a very long time, Ford just started making the Bronco durning COVID. Don't get me wrong I'm not sticking up for Ford in anyway. This roll out has been a shit show since hour 1 when the preorder site crashed and it's been down hill since then. I have been very patient with Ford but man do they suck the big one. This is lower then I ever thought they would go.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I remember in 2003, I special ordered the coveted 1st gen Rubicon (still have it). I looked all over and could not find what I wanted and dealers were charging 10k over sticker if you found one at all. So I started calling around and finally talked to a knowledgeable sales person at a small east Texas dealer. He suggested just ordering one, he would sell it to me at 500 over his cost. I asked why he would do that, he said a sold order for a Rubicon gave him an allocation for 2 more Rubicons he could put on his lot and he was happy for the buisness. 4 months later on Christmas eve, it showed up and was in my garage for Christmas morning. Those were the days.
So after reading thru this exhausting post I am trying to understand the issue, because never in the history of car sales ,as far as I know, has a sold order impacted a dealers allocation for stock units. Am I to understand that because I placed my order with a small dealer that may be allocated 50 broncos, my order takes away from that total, so if I am number 51 of their orders, I won't get mine, is that right? That makes no sense for Ford or anyone. It also means that a small dealer just won't process orders that may take away from their allocation. It also seems like levines comment was very snide because there is no way 98% orders were processed thru large dealers, but anyway.
I am sticking with my very knowledgeable and solid small town dealer with my highly constrained Wildtrack order because all I got is time. Hopefully it all works out, in the mean time the 04 Rubicon is still rocking the streets and trails occasionally, I must admit I don't offroad like I once did, but still love the vehicles. Cheers
20210820_162926.jpg
20210820_162942.jpg
I was the first kid on the block (Boston) to get the 'new' Wrangler Rubicon. I actually bought another Wrangler in June to use for the summer and the dealer agreed to give me a good trade in value when the Rubicon came it. I think I got in September or October. No one knew what they were and 4 doors didn't exist yet. I ended up selling it to my friend a year later when I moved. It was in his garage at his Vermont ski house when there was a fire. The house and the Rubicon got completely torched. Pretty much only ashes left.

Sponsored

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Finally, someone answered the question because honestly I didn’t know. My questions weren’t out of sarcasm.

If you knew the line was long, then you have to wait. I don’t see why many have a problem with that. If you knew, still did the deal, then fine. I have no issue with that.

However, other stores that don’t have a nearly 1000 order list shouldn’t have to wait to get their allocated stock units until all those customer orders from small stores like Granger get filled. That’s not their problem.
It's supposed to be one line. Reservations. Reservation #1 to Reservation #150,000.

It's not a Granger line, and a galpin line, and a Chapman line, and a Smith Ford line.

The expectation, and promise by Ford, was to fill that line, commodities allowing, in order. Stock allocations should come where that's not possible. Like all of the soft-top Big Bends that they can build in between what was reserved, and buildable.

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very true, but why is it that Ford is affected by years and I can order a Jeep Rubicon tomorrow and be driving it in less than 100 days? Ford is doing something wrong here.
This! Jeep pumped out 46,043 wranglers in the last 3 months alone. They own Ford right now in this segment and it's not even close.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I read they have 800+ reservations. That means even if they got double the allocation for 2022, there are STILL hundreds pushed out to 2023 or longer.

I would never place an order with them if I was told this in advance. That begs the question, did they tell people that?
I think its more like 1200 according to them. I recall them being asked a few times about reservations and allocations and they held the numbers close. I didn't really fault them for that at the time. It just seemed like good business practice.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Unfortunately, Ford made the mistake of saying reservations would be all filled before dealers got stock units. Honestly, there is a fair way of doing this, but no one seems willing to make a reasonable compromise.

Sure, dealers (all dealers) should get SOME stock units. This allocation SHOULD be based on whatever formula makes sense to Ford and their silly little dealership cabal. However the majority of units should be allocated to reservation holders, regardless of what dealer is awarded the business, because the reservation timestamp is supposed to be king (otherwise, why have a reservation system that isn't just local?).

If Ford were to build 15,000 Broncos per month, that would be 180,000 Broncos (an attainable number). Now, there are going to certainly be constraints and other problems which will limit production of some models. So obviously, constraints could alter the order of delivery for some, if not almost the majority reservation holders, so there is room to work.

If a maximum of 80% of builds were allocated to reservation holders, that would be 12,000 Broncos per month (and enough to clear out 144,000 reservations). If Ford doesn't have 12000 buildable reservations, well more stock units. The other 3000+ per month would be stock orders, obviously based on the allocation formula, not every dealer would get a Bronco every month due to volume differences, but it's reasonable to think that of the 36,000 Broncos per year for dealer stock that some bigger dealers might get as many as 36 per year and some might get as few as 2 per year in 2022.

This keeps the promise of largely building reservation holders first. A larger dealer would be expected to have a larger share of reservations anyway. The few exceptions where smaller dealers are successful in growing market share doesn't mean that they would benefit until the next model year with regard to allocation. There is no way to know if Granger has all the early reservations, or as in my reservation a later reservation (my second Bronco is a late reservation - Jun 2021).

I shouldn't be able to leap to the front of the line by picking the right dealer (like I did with my 2021 2 Door 2.7 Advanced 4x4 OBX Lux Tow Bronco). My expressing interest in 5 Jan 2021, ordering 4 May 2021, shouldn't have gotten me a VIN on 24 May 2021 and built on 5 Aug 2021!!! How is that fair, it's not. I jumped ahead of all those people just because I went to someone who had allocation (military auto sales) - but that's exactly what happened, and honestly, I stopped someone from getting the Bronco they probably had a 1st night reservation for!

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not trying to place doubt on anyone but the formula that Granger posted a few days ago...has anyone actually seen this in a direct message from Ford? or is it hearsay from Granger after speaking to someone with Ford? just wondering how official this formula is...cause I have not seen anything from them yet. But I may have missed this transmission from them. haha
Granger has been totally upfront and 100% honest about communications, as has SAC... Ford on the other hand.. well they have been less than truthful throughout the entire process.

I would trust what Granger has to say before I trust Ford.

Just my $0.02.

Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think its more like 1200 according to them. I recall them being asked a few times about reservations and allocations and they held the numbers close. I didn't really fault them for that at the time. It just seemed like good business practice.
That is not true at all. They told EVERY person who had a reservation with them where their place in line was and if you were expected to be MY21 or 22.

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Granger customers are and continue to be in line, what's the issue? Their line just happens to be the one at the very far side of the stadium that a TON of people think is the secret fast line of awesomeness, but only has 2 employees taking tickets so it ends up being a slow line.
"... secret fast line of awesomeness..." I love that 🤣

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No one knew allocations would move from being 50% based on the number of reservations (which already broke a promise) to 12.5%. No one could have guessed @Ford Motor Company would bend over their reservation holders that bad.
It seems like with the new formula, if you are at a bigger dealer, you'll likely be driving a Bronco in 22. Levine seemed to agree with that as well.

Caseoftexas

Outer Banks
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Let’s see Jeep stop making Wranglers for 25 years, then reintroduce the model in 2046 in the middle of an epidemic caused by another novel coronavirus that wreaks havoc on supply chains. Only then can you compare ordering a bronco to ordering we a wrangler.
Sponsored