Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I know there's plenty of pros and cons to each model, but this whole debacle really seems to make direct sales seem like a dream scenario.
Sponsored

gammaguybronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Granger met with their Ford area reps in the summer of 2020 and put together their offer with Fords blessing. It was awhile ago so I don't have the direct link handy but I believe it is in the Granger October Special thread.
Grangetober was released only to increase the number of Broncos they would receive to their earlier customers that ordered. This was based off the original allocation. I went back and reread the original post after this news came out. I don’t blame Granger. They were just using the formula that was presented to them at that time to try and improve their standing in the eyes of Ford and help their customers receive their Broncos. This is completely on Ford and they obviously don’t care. Which, if I’m being honest, blows my mind.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
People read and relied upon Ford's (repeated!) statement that reservations would be served first, and in order, and then went out to get the best deal they could.
Ford Bronco Mike Levine saying outright he does NOT care about Granger/Chapman/SAC 1634247197682

The folks in the absolute worst position are those who didn't invest several thousand hours engaging with B6G. They still don't have a clue just how screwed they are.

Analogy: two people go to their first cricket match with no idea what the game is all about. One just eats popcorn (or the equivalent in India)...while the other sits next to a friendly cricket expert who narrates the match.

Ford and their distribution network created a total information void for people to navigate. IMO this is why Ford is an "also ran" company with a dubious future

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Find me one local Ford dealer here in CO that is willing to commit to MSRP on a Bronco and tell you where you would stand in their orders/allocations. Until then, don't ride people for not supporting their local dealerships. There is a reason I flew to TX to buy my f150 and drive it home.
My Denver dealer is charging MSRP + $1200, he has 260 orders and has shown me my spot in line (not sure that they really know very accurately - so as a matter of conjecture its not super accurate, given commodity constraints). One might quibble with MSRP plus, but in the scheme of things ... ? (deducting for cost of flying, gasoline and time).

Try Phil Long ... I did not go with them, but as I recall they were MSRP + a bit less than I bit on.

Sean D

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW EOS, Jeep Rubicon, Acura RDX, Yamaha Roadstar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco is a resource-constrained vehicle at this time, like GT350R is a volume-constrained vehicle. Once MAP fires up at 100% capacity (in 2023?) then this whole thing is a non-issue.
If we think that MAP will return to 100% capacity. I can't be the only one who thinks all we will see are AT 4-door Big Bends with soft-tops.

Sponsored

Sean D

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW EOS, Jeep Rubicon, Acura RDX, Yamaha Roadstar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealers have been selling out of state for years. One in small town Nebraska has bragged for 30+ years about selling to all fifty states. They're now the #10 Ford dealer in the country while being in a town of 7,700.
It's the future. Anyone who thinks that going to a dealer to purchase a car is better than using an app just hasn't realized the potential yet. The future of dealer stores will be for service and test drives.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All about the $$$ for Ford! Shame on us for expecting more than that from them.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford Bronco Mike Levine saying outright he does NOT care about Granger/Chapman/SAC 1634247197682

The folks in the absolute worst position are those who didn't invest several thousand hours engaging with B6G. They still don't have a clue just how screwed they are.

Analogy: two people go to their first cricket match with no idea what the game is all about. One just eats popcorn (or the equivalent in India)...while the other sits next to a friendly cricket expert who narrates the match.

Ford and their distribution network created a total information void for people to navigate. IMO this is why Ford is an "also ran" company with a dubious future
This is exactly what happened to me. I went to my local dealer prior to the price lock, was told they and Ford were no longer taking reservations and to come back in a year.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It's the future. Anyone who thinks that going to a dealer to purchase a car is better than using an app just hasn't realized the potential yet. The future of dealer stores will be for service and test drives.
In the same way that TurboTax has removed the need for CPA's and tax accountants from the world.

Thought not apples to apples, there is a very real need for dealerships at this current time. Trying to remove the sales aspect from dealerships has unwanted and unintended consequences. Anyone trying to successfully have full-life vehicle ownership of a Tesla has experienced this. Removing the sales channel and outsourcing R&M is great for your bottom line but terrible for the customer. Tesla owners tolerate that because the car chose the owner. Now try that with a $18K entry-level beater car, doesn't work.

BuckyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Find me one local Ford dealer here in CO that is willing to commit to MSRP on a Bronco and tell you where you would stand in their orders/allocations. Until then, don't ride people for not supporting their local dealerships. There is a reason I flew to TX to buy my f150 and drive it home.
I don't know what exactly is "committing" to MSRP in your eyes, but I did purchase my Bronco in CO for MSRP.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a little rich - the reason people even took advantage of the deal is because, under the old allocation rules, they still stood a really good chance of getting their Bronco delivered in a timely manner. Then Ford changed the rules of the game. Kind of an insulting response honestly.
Kinda.

Kind of makes me grossed out. I'm astonished that he said the quiet part out loud. This kind of response is why people name companies/industries "big" something. Big Auto, I guess. Big pharma, big tobacco, big auto?

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You don't think that I knew that I was getting in the back of a very long line? You don't think that Granger didn't disclose that, there is proof of it on many threads in here.

Yes, I was #956, now number #955 I guess with at least one transfer, who knows, maybe enough people will jump ship from Granger and I'll get my Bronco from them, but I am not going elsewhere.
Finally, someone answered the question because honestly I didn’t know. My questions weren’t out of sarcasm.

If you knew the line was long, then you have to wait. I don’t see why many have a problem with that. If you knew, still did the deal, then fine. I have no issue with that.

However, other stores that don’t have a nearly 1000 order list shouldn’t have to wait to get their allocated stock units until all those customer orders from small stores like Granger get filled. That’s not their problem.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally, someone answered the question because honestly I didn’t know. My questions weren’t out of sarcasm.

If you knew the line was long, then you have to wait. I don’t see why many have a problem with that. If you knew, still did the deal, then fine. I have no issue with that.

However, other stores that don’t have a nearly 1000 order list shouldn’t have to wait to get their allocated stock units until all those customer orders from small stores like Granger get filled. That’s not their problem.
Perhaps you don't realize that the originally stated process was that vehicles would be built as close to time stamp order as possible. Just because you don't see why people have a problem with the issue does not make their stance unjustified.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes. We knew the wait was MY22 and into MY23…. Not up to MY25. You see how this has become a problem now, yes? I don’t expect to jump orders from other dealers. I expected not to project out to 2025 because of high volume potentially high volume dealerships who don’t want to hustle for business. This change doesn’t just impact the dealers we’re talking about, it’s going to impact orders at many many smaller dealers throughout the country. Big dealers are getting their cut, plus dealer stock under the new changes.
Sponsored