Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The TL;DR version is that if you are changing your oil every 3000-5000 miles it really doesn't matter too much. If you are changing it 7500-10000 miles, should definitely look at full synthetic.
100% agree with this.

5k if it's just your daily, sooner if you have a heavy foot or spend a lot of time on trails (more engine hours than miles).

You can also send your oil off to somewhere like Blackstone for analysis and find the sweet spot for miles for your specific needs.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bronco wild outdoors

Bronco wild outdoors

Badlands
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Website
drivenwildgear.com
Vehicle(s)
17 f 250, 66 mustang GT, 91 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All these videos keep claiming the OEM recommended oil is full-synthetic. This is untrue. The vehicle comes with, and recommends, Motorcraft synthetic BLEND.

Of course, I think switching to synthetic is a good idea but I'm just surprised at how many of these knowledgeable, seemingly well-researched videos get this wrong.
You are correct, I used that in error, the recommended spec is Wss-m2c946-b1 which is a synthetic blend. I use full synthetic in all of my engines and it tends to be top of mind.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmm… he is suggesting changing the oil at 1500 miles. I got blown up on this forum for doing that…. Not that I care.:LOL:
Eh, for the first oil change it’s not that crazy.

But ultimately all of this is a tradeoff between benefit and the almighty dollar. Whether we like to admit it or not, vehicles are a consumable product, so there is some give and take to all of this.

Is it better if you use change the oil every 3000 and use full synthetic every time? Yes, but it’s going to cost a lot more money in the long run than using a synthetic blend. Is it better to use 93 Octane instead of 87? Yes, but would thousands of extra dollars spent on premium fuel be better spent on saving up for a new vehicle? Maybe, maybe not.

Are you really going to own the Bronco for 20+ years and 300,000 miles, or are you going to drive it 90,000 miles and trade it in in 5-8 years??

Everyone will likely have a slightly different answer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco wild outdoors

Bronco wild outdoors

Badlands
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Website
drivenwildgear.com
Vehicle(s)
17 f 250, 66 mustang GT, 91 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmm… he is suggesting changing the oil at 1500 miles. I got blown up on this forum for doing that…. Not that I care.:LOL:
I'm sure I will. Old habits can be hard to break, lol I actually didn't recommend that, however, I did say it is what I'm going to do.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Eh, for the first oil change it’s not that crazy.

But ultimately all of this is a tradeoff between benefit and the almighty dollar. Whether we like to admit it or not, vehicles are a consumable product, so there is some give and take to all of this.

Is it better if you use change the oil every 3000 and use full synthetic every time? Yes, but it’s going to cost a lot more money in the long run than using a synthetic blend. Is it better to use 93 Octane instead of 87? Yes, but would thousands of extra dollars spent on premium fuel be better spent on saving up for a new vehicle? Maybe, maybe not.

Are you really going to own the Bronco for 20+ years and 300,000 miles, or are you going to drive it 90,000 miles and trade it in in 5-8 years??

Everyone will likely have a slightly different answer.
Agreed…. I hope to keep this car and hand it down to my kids so I will be babying it

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Awesome video! Thanks.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did he say 5w30?

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Impressive sir. And all in one take. Thank you for the information.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If Ford wanted us to change oil at first 1500 then it would have been programmed into the computer. With newer vehicles I now wait until the car says it's time.

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thoughts on a catch can? Is it really needed with dual injection?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs