Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi All I’m new to the forum .
I had a thought about dealer allotments and I think if I were a dealer owner, I would’ve had four or five of my employees reserve Broncos.
Then build them and bring them in and then cancel them as if a customer cancelled them.
Then , I could mark those up on people that just walk in because they weren’t reserved for anyone specific that seem like a good idea to me..
I wonder if some or most have done this ...
We have to commit in December, long before the vehicles will ever arrive. So, a dealer employee would have to "buy" it then. The dealer would have to put in its own money for the sale but not actually register the vehicle so that they can still sell it new to an off-the-street customer. Then the warranty/registration wouldn't match the reserved owner information. My guess is that Ford would punish any dealer that pulls off these straw-man shenanigans, but I also don't put it past a dealer to figure out any way to beat the system. :)
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That pretty much sums it up apparently.

gmoney

Black Diamond
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 4-DR Bronco - Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

production (at least my dad's Ford plant) only goes M-F. the line is shut down Sat/Sun

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeez! 230K reservations? That's crazy! Boy was I way, way off. There are several guys on the forum an apology, as I debated them down over a week ago that reservations were likely under 30K.

That is an all time record for reservations for any vehicle and a testament to Fords moon shot that hit the bullseye square.

Can't wait to get these Broncos out in the wild.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Approximately 230,000 Bronco reservations have been received to date since the evening of July 13th when reservations opened during the Bronco online reveal! Keep in mind that this figure may be as of a few days ago.

The reservation figure comes by way of one of our reliable sources and the impressive number covers only the Bronco (does not include the Bronco Sport).

If you're one of lucky reservation holders and haven't yet done so, remember to add yourself to our reservation tracking list @ Bronco Reservations Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!]

WOW !!! I'm sure that makes Ford happy they expected 200K.

Makes me depressed though, I will be pimping everyone else's Bronc before I can get my own. I regret not making a res earlier now. if I make a res now I won't see it till '23 :(

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
how am I being negative? I want to support companies that innovate and not support companies that make the same product year after year after year.

and you should be happy for the bronco as it forces jeep to develop something new and not the same old wrangler year after year after year.
Who isn't happy with the new Bronco? I'm thrilled with it. That doesn't mean we missed out on fun of Jeeps while Ford was MIA the last 43 years. Negative?:

"I will never buy a wrangler"
"I will never buy a Toyota product again"

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep sold 229,000 Wranglers last year. Seems like that many reservations has to be cutting into jeep sales.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
that is not negativity. Let me give you an example. You and your family eat a new pizza joint that is just not good and you decide never to eat there again. Is that a negative decision or a smart one?

Who isn't happy with the new Bronco? I'm thrilled with it. That doesn't mean we missed out on fun of Jeeps while Ford was MIA the last 43 years. Negative?:

"I will never buy a wrangler"
"I will never buy a Toyota product again"

Covfefe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's 23 million dollars with a vehicle that's not even out for another year... WOW AMAZING!

doink

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE 350. Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We have to commit in December, long before the vehicles will ever arrive. So, a dealer employee would have to "buy" it then. The dealer would have to put in its own money for the sale but not actually register the vehicle so that they can still sell it new to an off-the-street customer. Then the warranty/registration wouldn't match the reserved owner information. My guess is that Ford would punish any dealer that pulls off these straw-man shenanigans, but I also don't put it past a dealer to figure out any way to beat the system. :)
Agreed.

Speaking from what I know from my wife’s job at a major automaker HQ in the US, generally they know what dealer/customer ordered what car during the production process.

It’d certainly draw a red flag if a dealer had all their orders magically cancelled last minute by the customers after production and delivery to a single dealer.

I imagine someone is going through the orders and keeping an eye out for legitimacy with the demand for the Broncos.

My wife had caught a few car exporters purchasing cars to send to other markets. So wouldn’t be surprised if there is extra scrutiny on the Bronco orders to make sure something similar didn’t happen. As such, I imagine any hypothetical eyes reviewing the orders could see what dishonest dealers would try to get by them.

Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

w/o reading all 14 pages of this. that number is actually believable. If there are 3,000 dealers in the US. And each one has a conservative number of 50 reservations. that.s 150k reserved bronco's. keep in mind some dealers are reporting several hundred. and this doesn't include Canadian dealers. I don't anticipate them building half that number for the remainer of 2021 when they start production. I'm glad I was able to reserve mine within 24 hrs. Would have been the same day but Ford's website was crashing.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Approximately 230,000 Bronco reservations have been received to date since the evening of July 13th when reservations opened during the Bronco online reveal! Keep in mind that this figure may be as of a few days ago.

The reservation figure comes by way of one of our reliable sources and the impressive number covers only the Bronco (does not include the Bronco Sport).

If you're one of lucky reservation holders and haven't yet done so, remember to add yourself to our reservation tracking list @ Bronco Reservations Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!]
They’re going to have to add another assembly plant at this rate. Strike while the iron is hot

ndegnan1992

Big Bend
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm hoping that MAS goes by first deposit, first order. If that is the case, then I would be #3 through MAS to get my Bronco, or at least 3rd ordered. When I placed my deposit, they said that they already had 2 others in front of me in their system at that time. I think I put my deposit down like the day after the Bronco R was released.
Oh wow, I didn’t even know they could tell you that. I’m gonna ask my rep. Wonder how many ppl have reserved since then. Also I wonder if they’ll go by that or by order submission... ?

Broncokat

Black Diamond
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 trail boss Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agreed.

Speaking from what I know from my wife’s job at a major automaker HQ in the US, generally they know what dealer/customer ordered what car during the production process.

It’d certainly draw a red flag if a dealer had all their orders magically cancelled last minute by the customers after production and delivery to a single dealer.

I imagine someone is going through the orders and keeping an eye out for legitimacy with the demand for the Broncos.

My wife had caught a few car exporters purchasing cars to send to other markets. So wouldn’t be surprised if there is extra scrutiny on the Bronco orders to make sure something similar didn’t happen. As such, I imagine any hypothetical eyes reviewing the orders could see what dishonest dealers would try to get by them.
well not all orders canceling , just4 or 5 slipping Thru the 100 real orders. I’m doing it. Lol.

cyberbro

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford did great but you could say Ford left a lot of money on the table not having the Ranger and Bronco over the last 5 to 7 years at least. GM made a big mistake making the Blazer one of to many car based SUV's available. I really don't care for an electric anything (Car) no less an electric off-roader (Hummer)
Sponsored