Sponsored

⁉️Swapping from Hardtop to BesTop TrekTop and back?

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey!
Love these photos! Mind if we repost? We can tag whoever!

- Eryn@Bestop
Sure, I took angled pics of each config as well, and can DM all of them to you.

Edit: Pics sent - I'm also @GToddC5 on IG
Sponsored

Last edited:

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I just had my dealership install my Bestop Trektop on my 2 Dr this week (dealer installed option). Love the top. Looks great. But hate having to fold it up and down. I'm not quite a girly-girl, but I'm not the Hulk either. And I have to get up inside the Bronco to fold it back. And standing up inside again, to grab it, and fold it forward. I was hoping I could just fold it up and back from standing on the side steps. But no way! I can barely budge it. :( I'm looking for some suggestions. Other than hitting the gym, does anyone have any easy folding tips?

mark2215

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I just had my dealership install my Bestop Trektop on my 2 Dr this week (dealer installed option). Love the top. Looks great. But hate having to fold it up and down. I'm not quite a girly-girl, but I'm not the Hulk either. And I have to get up inside the Bronco to fold it back. And standing up inside again, to grab it, and fold it forward. I was hoping I could just fold it up and back from standing on the side steps. But no way! I can barely budge it. :( I'm looking for some suggestions. Other than hitting the gym, does anyone have any easy folding tips?
Have you ever had a wrangler soft top? If not, you don't know what difficulty is, lol. My 2005 Wrangler was much more difficult to put up and down.

I'm a manly man (but I'm not the Hulk either) and although I can do it from the side, I usually hop in and do it from the back seat so I can manage the top and fold it neatly.

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you ever had a wrangler soft top? If not, you don't know what difficulty is, lol. My 2005 Wrangler was much more difficult to put up and down.

I'm a manly man (but I'm not the Hulk either) and although I can do it from the side, I usually hop in and do it from the back seat so I can manage the top and fold it neatly.
I've actually had 3 Jeep soft tops my manly friend. 30 years of owning Jeeps. None of the tops were this difficult. With the Jeep, I could grab the side of the top from the ground (on 35's), and walk it up to the front or walk it back. Never had to stand up inside the vehicle to fold it like I do with the Trektop.

Maybe the joints on the bars are too stiff and need some lube? Or maybe MY old joints are too stiff! :) Just thought there might be an easier way.

OP
OP
NYCBD

NYCBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subway
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I also stand inside on my 2Dr and fold it back from the middle. I feel like I can do it from the side (outside the vehicle) but the bows and cross bars bend and seem to have a lot of tension so I’m afraid it will break. I haven’t put my trektop back on this summer…need to do it this weekend I think! Hopefully can get it on in 2 hours since I’ve kept it all together after taking off in the winter.

Sponsored

seajayseven

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have the factory 4 door soft top and to open it I just undo the latches and at about 15mph, I give the top a little push from the seated drivers position and the wind grabs it and gently folds it back for me. Has anyone tried this with the trektop? Planning on getting one for our 2 door

dvnorton

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands 7-spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My rig came with the hardtop. Installed the soft top myself (4-5 hours, a good chunk of which is assembling the top itself). Switched back to the hard top for the winter -- took about an hour or so and was pretty straightforward. The top remains mostly assembled. There's a good video on YouTube with a decent storage idea (wrapped in a tarp and hung from garage wall). Expect re-installing the soft top will also be about an hour or so now that it's assembled.

PRA4SNW

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm thinking of getting a Trektop for my 2 door, so thanks for all of these helpful comments.

I can't seem to find any comments about the following:
- Is it easy to open the rear door, or do you have to do a lot of fiddling with the top?
- Do you lose a lot of storage space with the sloped top? Space is already precious with the 2 door.

OP
OP
NYCBD

NYCBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subway
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The rear door opens the same. It’s not impacted by the trektop at all. To lift the back window on the trek top you just pull it up and rest on top of the roof. It’s somewhat annoying to clip the window back in place on the sides after opening, but not terrible.

I haven’t really noticed much difference on storage. Worst comes to worst you can remove the window and you’d have more space than with even the hardtop.
Sponsored