First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great customer service IAG, as has been stated, Ford could definitely learn a thing or two from you guys!
Sponsored

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

All. I did this just in case. It took me all of 5 minutes. Going to put the top down and test tonight. I have been running mine for a few weeks with no issues. Clearance looks good too but just in case.

E75CCD56-CA74-4C6B-839E-87B1B8F9A948.jpeg

3E106040-9E53-4BD9-A0F1-EBE86093B0A2.jpeg

3AAFFCE9-F567-4A8B-BAA1-6B5DD8C15577.jpeg

628384DB-63F8-419B-8831-04AE79222C56.jpeg

782BBB2D-2363-4349-AB01-448AE173DC85.jpeg
Wow..someone who actually did something about it with a quick, easy, and very inexpensive solution..
I cannot believe the people who are saying they won't use or put the damn top down til this is resolved...seriously! Easy solution people! Get off your computer, quit whining and bitching...put a 50 cent piece of felt on both the pillar and strut or come up with something like this fella did and move on! Enjoy your Bronco!

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reports of rubbing on some IAG EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist Kits

It came to our attention this weekend that some clients have experienced an issue with their EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist Kits. This issue can result in damage to the rear roll bar when the kits are installed. Prior to this weekend we had not seen this issue despite installations on multiple test vehicles and other internal and external testing.

The Problem:

Immediately after being notified of the issue we started to look into possible causes and solutions. We have discovered that there is some variation with the soft top frames and the way they are originally mounted on different vehicles which can cause the body of the EZ-Lift strut to contact the roll bar only when the top is fully lowered and locked in place. We have also discovered that the fabric of the soft top frame can get bunched up as the frame is closing, which pushes the strut into the roll bar. Helping to improve the overall rigidity of the soft top is part of the reason we originally designed the EZ-Lift System. We did not realize how much variation existed vehicle to vehicle. It’s important to understand that the majority of vehicles with the EZ-lift System installed have not experienced this issue. Currently it seems to affect less than ½ of 1% of units sold.

The Solution:

First, we want to apologize to anyone who has experienced this issue. We feel awful that this has happened. We always stand behind our products and will make this right for everyone affected. We are in the process of designing a replacement bracket as well as a change to future struts to drastically reduce the chances of contact. We expect to have the design finished this week and produced by next week. We will be sending a set of replacement brackets to all purchasers of the kit over the next few weeks, regardless of whether you have experienced any issues. Please avoid fully opening the top until you install your replacement brackets. With that in mind we would like to present two options:

Option 1:

If you have installed the product and experienced the rubbing issue we will be happy to provide replacement parts to correct the issue. We will also send a bottle of touch up paint and a new piece of paint protection film for each side of the roll bar. Furthermore, we will issue you a store credit for 25% of your purchase price of the product for your inconvenience.

How to Submit a Claim:

Please use the form below to request your Touch Up Paint and PPF Kit. PLEASE ONLY FILL OUT THE CLAIM FORM IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED PAINT DAMAGE. This form will allow us to stay organized and ensure that all clients are taken care of as quickly as possible.
Claim Form

Option 2:

If you would like a refund for your purchase we fully understand and will issue an RMA with a return shipping label and refund your purchase 100% whether or not the product has been installed. If the product caused any damage to your vehicle we will provide you with a bottle of touch up paint as well as a piece of paint protection film to apply to the affected area. Please email [email protected] to request an RMA.

1647896907915.png

1647896920305.png
@IAG Performance I also applaud your willingness to work with those of us who have been impacted. Since I purchased and installed last week I was not eligible for the free PPF at the time. After noticing my damage last Thursday I proactively purchased your PPF (order # 76416) that I'd ask for a refund on considering you are sending us PPF as remediation. I'm also concerned with the level of difficulty of reinstalling the struts being fully extended. That being said I submitted your claim and look forward to the revised bracket and paint correction.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I proactively purchased your PPF (order # 76416) that I'd ask for a refund on considering you are sending us PPF as remediation.
I believe the PPF they’re sending is a small piece to cover the area where the strut could/would make contact with the roll bar, not the full boomerang-shaped pieces.

I'm also concerned with the level of difficulty of reinstalling the struts being fully extended.
If you have the original plastic bands (or if IAG sends new ones, as has been suggested), it’s a piece of cake. Even if you don’t, a small tie-down strap will work just as well.

Something as simple as these would work fine…
https://www.harborfreight.com/set-of-2-1-inch-x-12-ft-lashing-straps-67386.html
(And they’re handy to have around anyway!)

You can do it while sitting inside the cargo area with the top up and the hatch down, and you don’t even have to take out the windows. I imagine IAG will probably make a tutorial video when they start sending out replacement brackets…

Last edited:

Sponsored

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

glad IAG is on top of this. I haven't installed my kit but look forward to the updated bracket. I also picked up some felt tape to help keep it from rubbing through

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Reports of rubbing on some IAG EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist Kits

It came to our attention this weekend that some clients have experienced an issue with their EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist Kits. This issue can result in damage to the rear roll bar when the kits are installed. Prior to this weekend we had not seen this issue despite installations on multiple test vehicles and other internal and external testing.

The Problem:

Immediately after being notified of the issue we started to look into possible causes and solutions. We have discovered that there is some variation with the soft top frames and the way they are originally mounted on different vehicles which can cause the body of the EZ-Lift strut to contact the roll bar only when the top is fully lowered and locked in place. We have also discovered that the fabric of the soft top frame can get bunched up as the frame is closing, which pushes the strut into the roll bar. Helping to improve the overall rigidity of the soft top is part of the reason we originally designed the EZ-Lift System. We did not realize how much variation existed vehicle to vehicle. It’s important to understand that the majority of vehicles with the EZ-lift System installed have not experienced this issue. Currently it seems to affect less than ½ of 1% of units sold.

The Solution:

First, we want to apologize to anyone who has experienced this issue. We feel awful that this has happened. We always stand behind our products and will make this right for everyone affected. We are in the process of designing a replacement bracket as well as a change to future struts to drastically reduce the chances of contact. We expect to have the design finished this week and produced by next week. We will be sending a set of replacement brackets to all purchasers of the kit over the next few weeks, regardless of whether you have experienced any issues. Please avoid fully opening the top until you install your replacement brackets. With that in mind we would like to present two options:

Option 1:

If you have installed the product and experienced the rubbing issue we will be happy to provide replacement parts to correct the issue. We will also send a bottle of touch up paint and a new piece of paint protection film for each side of the roll bar. Furthermore, we will issue you a store credit for 25% of your purchase price of the product for your inconvenience.

How to Submit a Claim:

Please use the form below to request your Touch Up Paint and PPF Kit. PLEASE ONLY FILL OUT THE CLAIM FORM IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED PAINT DAMAGE. This form will allow us to stay organized and ensure that all clients are taken care of as quickly as possible.
Claim Form

Option 2:

If you would like a refund for your purchase we fully understand and will issue an RMA with a return shipping label and refund your purchase 100% whether or not the product has been installed. If the product caused any damage to your vehicle we will provide you with a bottle of touch up paint as well as a piece of paint protection film to apply to the affected area. Please email [email protected] to request an RMA.

1647896907915.png

1647896920305.png
Way to stand behind your product and make things right. Much respect.

Mr. Magoo

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 1966 F-100, 1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Please let us know when you start shipping the new design brackets. I have had no problem yet with my set of struts and I am very pleased with them. I have a set of hood struts coming, will you be shipping this week? You guys are a pleasure to do business with.

OkieB6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2010 Forte Koup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Option 1:

Awesome response and quick turnaround on an answer - thank you! Would you also consider sending out that PPF for the roll bar with the new brackets for those of us who have not installed/do not have damage? It would give additional peace of mind, and I know I'd be happy to pay for the PPF if you could send it out with the new brackets.

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

yeah, it’s amazing honestly… seriously some folks are so impatient. The issue was brought up this weekend and here it is Monday (omg) and some folks were saying they were disappointed with them??? Like seriously guys… give them a few days to figure things out before you flame and independent business.

they’ve obviously gone above and beyond to fix this and I applaud them for how quickly they’ve done so.
There are still zero emails I can see from a mass recall / warning. That means any buyers who have no seen this post are damaging their car currently with the top down.

Sponsored

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am buying this as soon as the new bracket is ready. Why? This is a great response IMHO.

Maybe Ford will schedule my Bronco this week!

Pictures of the revised bracket are below.

IMG_2154.JPG
IMG_2153.JPG
IMG_2152.JPG

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

great customer service here, appreciated! I don't have my plastic bands anymore to hold the struts together, like the idea of ratchet straps posted here, I do have those. Was wondering how to handle the removal, don't want them to poke through the roof 🙃

As for the PPF that was a bonus with early orders, it's for a completely different area up on top of the roll bar, going around the top bend, where the soft top might rub when opening or closing. It does in no way cover the area that's currently impacted by rubbing struts way at the bottom of the roll bar.

I'm looking forward to getting the new mounting hardware, thank you! But I'll also still add a bit of the fuzzy side of self stick velcro to the roll bar and the strut, can't hurt. And nobody really can design a bomb proof thing here for people that like to go bounding down rough trails with the roof all the way down. It will bound and bump around.

Great customer service, responsive on the weekend and a quick solution to all current customers, not many companies do that. I'm sure these struts were not the last thing I'll buy. Actually, I also bought the PPF last year, long before it was a bonus, so I have an extra set I might just give to some Bronco owner if I meet one locally that I like ;-)

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are still zero emails I can see from a mass recall / warning. That means any buyers who have no seen this post are damaging their car currently with the top down.
The email is scheduled to go out in a few hours so it has a higher probability of being seen. We are trying to be systematic in our approach. I assure you that the last thing we want is additional effected users.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t experienced the paint scuff thing since I haven’t had the top all the way down but wanted to call attention to something else.

The rear bottom corner of my drivers side window has pulled away because of the stretching from the motion of opening the clamshell. If you hold your fingers against the bottom edge you’ll feel it stretch as the clamshell opens.

Not saying that this is necessarily the fault of the struts but when comparing the height of the clamshell with and without the struts, the extra pulling / stretching might just make the difference. Does not occur on my passenger side. @IAG Performance

A7B92842-02E5-4318-B857-C1E7D9AAD335.jpeg

B091F807-F1B4-47A4-96D9-DADCA689A81B.jpeg
Mine looked like that prior to install.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Y’all are true to your word and like minded small business owners. Customer for life here. 🙋🏼‍♂️

I’m really looking forward to what you come up with for the single hand latch. I’m realizing if I have a cargo carrier or bike rack on the hitch - even if I can open the tailgate and sneak one hand in to lift the top to gain access - that would be HUGE. Closing it might pose an issue - but, that’s TBD…
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.