First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes installed and happy to wait until they get back to work to give us opinions otherwise unrealistic exception to easy fix
Sponsored

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your feedback has been noted, Karen. Would you like to see a Manager? I’m sure Adam can send someone to your house this afternoon to hold your hand during this time of great undue stress. 😉
No need to be obnoxious. I didn’t say one bad thing about the company.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No need to be obnoxious. I didn’t say one bad thing about the company.
The fact that you took my gentle ribbing, with an obvious winking emoji, to be “obnoxious” suggests that you could probably chill a bit. 😉

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The fact that you took my gentle ribbing, with an obvious winking emoji, to be “obnoxious“ suggests that you could probably chill a bit. 😉
What is your experience with the IAG strut?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have it installed on my Bronco.
And you find that it’s a dream? No issues with anything stated in this thread? I agree that it helps lift the cargo area so easily. But I’m terms of lowering the top it’s been a lot harder.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And you find that it’s a dream? No issues with anything stated in this thread? I agree that it helps lift the cargo area so easily. But I’m terms of lowering the top it’s been a lot harder.
I have never said anything about the product. The dream comment was not from me. I like the fact that it provides easier access to the cargo bay, but I also don’t have a problem with it rubbing on my roll bar. If I do at some future point in time, then I will try to resolve it.

FWIW, Adam asked for feedback from users experiencing problems over two hours ago…

Just wanted to let everyone know we are aware of this thread and are actively discussing possible causes and solutions. These are the first reports we’ve seen of any issues despite lots of internal testing prior to release. We will have some more info for you guys early next week. In the meantime please avoid opening the top all the way for this weekend. Thanks for the support.

For anyone experiencing these issues please help us to troubleshoot the issue by letting us know whether you have black or silver threaded ball ends where the struts mount.
… and you have made multiple posts since then, but you have not answered his request. 🤔

How can he troubleshoot the issue effectively over the weekend without user feedback from those experiencing problems? 🤷‍♂️

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just wanted to let everyone know we are aware of this thread and are actively discussing possible causes and solutions. These are the first reports we’ve seen of any issues despite lots of internal testing prior to release. We will have some more info for you guys early next week. In the meantime please avoid opening the top all the way for this weekend. Thanks for the support.

For anyone experiencing these issues please help us to troubleshoot the issue by letting us know whether you have black or silver threaded ball ends where the struts mount.
Black.

Jacksonholio

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

⚠WARNING⚠

*Update 2* Messaged with Adam Kennedy from IAG this morning after taking measurements from the soft top frame and IAG struts to the pillar in all 3 top positions. The measurements showed the soft top frame is centered side to side on the Bronco and that the IAG struts are evenly spaced from the pillars until the top is fully in the down position. That’s when the IAG strut rubs the pillar on the passenger side but is still spaced out on the driver side.

IAG is going to send replacements parts and is refunding the cost of the struts. They offered to send touch up paint and PPF but I’ll be getting the whole vehicle PPFed shortly once my advfiberglass fenders get here so I told them they didn’t need to do that. Also, I’ll be getting touch up today because I don’t want to leave metal exposed that long.

*Update* Adam Kennedy from IAG has reached out to help resolve this and we will be working through it to try and figure out the cause and a resolution for the damage tomorrow. I will update the post with what we find out and decide.

I got my Bronco last Thursday (3/10) and my IAG Struts arrived on Saturday (3/12) so I of course eagerly put them on my Bronco the same day. They went on great with easy to follow instructions and I was loving using them. That is until tonight when I started hearing a rattling noise on the passenger side rear of my Bronco. I went back to try and find the source of the noise to find that the IAG struts had been rubbing against the D pillar (arms over the rear of the bronco). In fact they had rubbed clean through the paint on both my Bronco and the strut.

My initial thought was surely the strut had bent or something was loose and causing it to be out of alignment but I thoroughly inspected it and there is nothing bent, angled wrong, moving irregularly, or loose. Also, the driver side is not rubbing at all and has a healthy gap between it and the D pillar. I don’t know what caused this whether the bracket it mounts to is angled slightly different or what but there is nothing from the top itself even contacting the strut other than at the attachment points.

I really hope @IAG Performance makes this right by paying to have the paint fixed on my Bronco. Unfortunately, their customer service is closed all weekend so I won’t be able to reach them until Monday morning most likely. Also, their website says “Our liability shall under no circumstances exceed the actual amount paid by you for the product, nor shall we under any circumstances be liable for any consequential, incidental, special or punitive damages or losses, whether direct or indirect.” So unless they stand up and do the right thing I will be out of luck.

I made this post right away so others wouldn’t fall victim to my same situation. If you have these installed already, check to see if they are close to your paint when the top is in the down position.

I will update y’all when I get an answer from IAG on how they are going to handle this.

Ford Bronco ⚠️EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist Damage⚠️ 163E5107-FEA2-4C4E-9D93-3347EA0D9E48

Ford Bronco ⚠️EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist Damage⚠️ 163E5107-FEA2-4C4E-9D93-3347EA0D9E48

Just installed. Was not fast and required 2 people mainly due to lining up the holes for the new longer bolts. That was a bitch. 2 ppl, easy. Installed helicopter tape on the rollbar and the strut where it might make contact with the bar. That stuff is super heavy duty so I feel I'm bulletproofed.

20220319_132311.jpg

20220319_132322.jpg

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To @IAG Performance and everyone...

So I looked at mine (and since I haven't had the top all the way back until now, fortunately I haven't had any damage), and here's what I discovered...

The struts do have enough clearance at rest, but there's enough side to side play that the roll bar will make contact with the strut when the vehicle is in motion. However, the contact is not a scraping/rubbing action, but rather a "tapping" motion. Which means that PPF in the painted area will definitely prevent paint damage, and should last quite a while without wearing through. But you would also want something soft, like velcro or rubber, to get rid of any rattling or squeaking.

I ended up sticking some heavy duty velcro over the area, and I think it will work great. I didn't even bother to put anything on the strut, because the velcro will do both jobs:

Ford Bronco ⚠️EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist Damage⚠️ tempImage6SwAh0

Ford Bronco ⚠️EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist Damage⚠️ tempImagenO1D9w

@reigny and others...

As for the operation of the top, yes, you do have to pull down firmly to get the latch to engage when it's all the way back, but not anywhere near what I would call excessive. If you're finding it hard to latch, maybe an adjustment is in order.

Likewise, when installing the rear window, I didn't have any issues. One question is, are you making sure the forward part of the roof is flipped back when you're installing the windows? I do find that the velcro strip doesn't want to line up completely, and you can see the edges of it toward the outside corners, but it was always like that for me, even before I installed the struts...

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To @IAG Performance and everyone...

So I looked at mine (and since I haven't had the top all the way back until now, fortunately I haven't had any damage), and here's what I discovered...

The struts do have enough clearance at rest, but there's enough side to side play that the roll bar will make contact with the strut when the vehicle is in motion. However, the contact is not a scraping/rubbing action, but rather a "tapping" motion. Which means that PPF in the painted area will definitely prevent paint damage, and should last quite a while without wearing through. But you would also want something soft, like velcro or rubber, to get rid of any rattling or squeaking.

I ended up sticking some heavy duty velcro over the area, and I think it will work great. I didn't even bother to put anything on the strut, because the velcro will do both jobs:

@reigny and others...

As for the operation of the top, yes, you do have to pull down firmly to get the latch to engage when it's all the way back, but not anywhere near what I would call excessive. If you're finding it hard to latch, maybe an adjustment is in order.

Likewise, when installing the rear window, I didn't have any issues. One question is, are you making sure the forward part of the roof is flipped back when you're installing the windows? I do find that the velcro strip doesn't want to line up completely, and you can see the edges of it toward the outside corners, but it was always like that for me, even before I installed the struts...
I have damage on both sides without ever having driven the bronco with the topdown. I only put the top down once in my driveway after installing it on Thursday to see how it worker. So I don’t think your theory holds true.

E942FBC9-9B5C-4D0F-B82F-F89D8208D8B3.jpeg

F0C5BD26-E371-4953-8B46-0B43560363DA.jpeg

A501546D-C00C-426E-B05F-D2849DF95506.jpeg

A4E6775C-0B50-4078-BDFD-9FC49E890485.jpeg

atimberwolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will rarely have the top full back and not completely removed, however would like the option. I mostly purchased the kit for a proprod bypass. Overall I'm happy with it.

Looking forward to @IAG Performance comments on a fix.
That's me. Just picked up the kit and not installed yet. Won't throw the top all the way back often, but would like the option.

Like others I think a piece of mole skin, velcro or helicopter tape would do the trick. But I'll wait and see what the experts recommend I do to avoid a problem.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have damage on both sides without ever having driven the bronco with the topdown. I only put the top down once in my driveway after installing it on Thursday to see how it worker. So I don’t think your theory holds true.
There could be differences in tolerance between vehicles, so yours could be closer together, even at rest. Regardless, PPF or another material will prevent paint on paint friction...

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's me. Just picked up the kit and not installed yet. Won't throw the top all the way back often, but would like the option.

Like others I think a piece of mole skin, velcro or helicopter tape would do the trick. But I'll wait and see what the experts recommend I do to avoid a problem.
For sure, and it's nice to see IAG is on the case as we speak. And thanks to @jalawson for bringing it to our attention (and IAG's) on the forum. They may be closed on the weekend, but fortunately for us they are active members of the forum, which is why they now have a head start on dealing with this...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.