Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone installed the new brackets? Can you share your experience with the fixes?

@IAG Performance thank for you for taking care of this so quickly and being open to feedback...
I just got mailing notification of the new brackets. Should have them in a few days.
Sponsored

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got mailing notification of the new brackets. Should have them in a few days.
Same. Now all I need is for Jack Cooper trucking to deliver my bronco...

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone's struts have this play in them? I was just wondering if this is normal and could it be the noise folks are hearing?

BisonInTexas

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone's struts have this play in them? I was just wondering if this is normal and could it be the noise folks are hearing?
I noticed the same on mine and it has the same sound as the rattle I hear occasionally. But I’m not sure if it is the cause or not. I’m going to try and do some troubleshooting once I get the new brackets.

Sponsored

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh! My band broke.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh! My band broke.
Yea I had a bad and frustrating time with the band. Ended up using a small ratchet strap. I also ripped off some plastic tabs off my rear window which almost caused my head to pop

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea I had a bad and frustrating time with the band. Ended up using a small ratchet strap. I also ripped off some plastic tabs off my rear window which almost caused my head to pop
So I went back to the original instruction video where he did the brute force method if the band came off and the strut was expanded. Good thing I worked out this morning. :cool: This was the replacement bracket install. All done now. :)

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are these the old brackets or new brackets? I‘ve only taken my Bronco out once with the new brackets installed and the top fully on…and so far, I haven’t noticed the same sounds occurring.

Last edited:

HemyPowered

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, Land Rover LR4, BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good catch- that is what mine sounds like

Sponsored

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are these the old brackets or new brackets? I‘ve only taken my Bronco out once with the new brackets installed and the top fully on…and so far, I haven’t noticed the same sounds occurring.
I'm just curious if it could be making noise when driving. if you grab just your piston and wiggle it. Is there play in it? I'm not sure if its just by design or not.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm just curious if it could be making noise when driving. if you grab just your piston and wiggle it. Is there play in it? I'm not sure if its just by design or not.
When my rear hatch is open, I can wiggle the strut and hear a rattle. It’s not the closest tolerance in the world. But when the hatch is locked down, the struts are partially compressed, so it seems odd that they would still rattle like that. I suppose it’s possible.

If you’re hearing rattles, sometimes the only way to locate them is to have someone crawl back there and listen while you drive, preferably on a bumpy dirt road. My mom’s Subaru Forester had a rattle, and when I rode back there I discovered it was coming from outside the car, and it ended up being a loose license plate mount! 🤪

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you grab the strut body and wiggle it will make some noise. But on the flip side of that so do the factory Ford struts. The factory one on the driver's side of our Bronco is super loud, with or without the EZ-Lift system. We rode around with one of our guys in the trunk to try to pinpoint some noises. Neither our struts nor the factory Ford struts actually moved while driving to make any noise, but we did hear some clicking or rattling noise that we pinpointed as the plastic clasp at the top of both side windows. We duplicated this noise both with and without the EZ-Lift as well to make sure it wasn't a byproduct of our system.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

we did hear some clicking or rattling noise that we pinpointed as the plastic clasp at the top of both side windows.
Hmm what clasp and is there a way to secure?

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Status