Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This was pretty much my build initially as well.

The wife convinced me that 4 doors would make more sense but I wanted the 2 door, and well, I am not the boss in my house, so I agreed.

I agree the Tow Hooks are way to orange for me, but not terrible if it was the only complimentary color, but having the rings color matched with CO or slightly different would just be over the top of gaudy, imho.

I have a half Rood Rack on order, and a set of BD 8 pack lights for the top of the window.
Sponsored

Gatlinz

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, F-250, Edge and soon to be Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well...since you so kindly asked!

So here is a bit of a story:

Bronco arrived Wednesday at the Dealer. Short staffing of technicians delayed PDI until yesterday, Monday. However, i drove up on Saturday, and got to inspect and drive it.

Brought it home last night around 6:30 PM. Got to tinkering with all the mods stacked up in my garage, focusing mainly on the exterior. One thing led to another and well, I pulled an all nighter, and went to bed at dawn!! Haha!

Here are pics:

20220315_174416.jpg

Painted tow hooks, Greenlane brush guard, Hood deflector, (Bronco grill letters got orange vinyl tonight).

20220315_174521.jpg

Les Schwab swapped out OEM lug nuts for black MacGards...for free!

20220315_174615.jpg

Weathertech mud flaps (I actually like them, and think they are well engineered), Gear America Hitch receiver & shackle...and new MRT Dual Tip KOH exhaust (pretty easy remove and replace...throaty!).

20220315_212114.jpg

Interior: picatinny AR Tap Rail, Platinum black steel Ford OEM door sills, StickerFabbed all the blue away with orange. Darn vent tabs are still blue, tho. Oh...painted the Mountains to Metal door pockets from powdercoated black to Cyber Orange...base coats, midcoats and clear coats. Installed the RedLine hood struts (all I could think of was,@Aman dropping that bolt down the fender well...I was very cautious!).

20220315_180158.jpg

Tomorrow I will tackle the pinch welds. I have the trail armor, but i may just apply Raptor coating to that area. Also, will tackle the pocket fogs and roof light bar. Skittish of the wiring, tho.
I am beyond words!! simply wow!!👏👏👏

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco arrived Wednesday at the Dealer. Short staffing of technicians delayed PDI until yesterday, Monday. However, i drove up on Saturday, and got to inspect and drive it.

Brought it home last night around 6:30 PM. Got to tinkering with all the mods stacked up in my garage, focusing mainly on the exterior. One thing led to another and well, I pulled an all nighter, and went to bed at dawn!! Haha!

Here are pics:

20220315_174416.jpg

Painted tow hooks, Greenlane brush guard, Hood deflector, (Bronco grill letters got orange vinyl tonight).

20220315_174521.jpg

20220315_174615.jpg

Weathertech mud flaps (I actually like them, and think they are well engineered), Gear America Hitch receiver & shackle...and new MRT Dual Tip KOH exhaust (pretty easy remove and replace...throaty!).

20220315_212114.jpg

Interior: picatinny AR Tap Rail, Platinum black steel Ford OEM door sills, StickerFabbed all the blue away with orange. Darn vent tabs are still blue, tho. Oh...painted the Mountains to Metal door pockets from powdercoated black to Cyber Orange...base coats, midcoats and clear coats. Installed the RedLine hood struts (all I could think of was,@Aman dropping that bolt down the fender well...I was very cautious!).

20220315_180158.jpg

Tomorrow I will tackle the pinch welds. I have the trail armor, but i may just apply Raptor coating to that area. Also, will tackle the pocket fogs and roof light bar. Skittish of the wiring, tho.
Congratulations @Cat and awesome work! Love that you spent an all nighter with your baby!

Badlands2015

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow. I miss a few weeks due to some life craziness and I think I missed a few hundred pages…

Congrats to everyone getting their Broncos! They’re all so beautiful.

Phase 1 of making my Wildtrak look right is completed. I swapped the Mic mirrors for the painted black ones it was supposed to come with. Anyone interested in the MIC covers I took off?

Phase 2: EG Painted handles. Phase 3: Black MOD top from Ford.

2EEE6A0F-77D2-41DB-AF0C-9F90A4D423C0.jpeg

949EF44E-E6C3-49D7-9A43-285F9E677C3B.jpeg

946DD473-C995-4462-930D-524A31D9048D.jpeg

693AF090-DA0B-4209-A6B9-0B86D85705F9.jpeg

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 SHO, 86 Bronco II, 89 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Here are pics:

Ford Bronco 🛠 1/3/22 Build Week Group 693AF090-DA0B-4209-A6B9-0B86D85705F9

Congratulations @Cat - so happy to see you finally take delivery! I have not been on this forum as much lately, but I have kept coming back trying to catch up on the many, many threads -mostly to see the happiness of the final ones who are taking delivery!! Beautiful Bronco!!

• Love
Reactions: Cat

Sponsored

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor - 2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Decided on a color match for the Wheel Rings in a PowderCoat

The vendor sent me 6 samples and I narrowed it down to 2 then 1.
Ford Bronco 🛠 1/3/22 Build Week Group 1647457425469

I chose the one on the right.
Power Ordered and will ship to the applicator later this week hopefully.
Ford Bronco 🛠 1/3/22 Build Week Group 1647457457663

KReich64

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey Fam!!

Today's Parody, inspired by Toby Keith.

listen first, so you can sing/read:

We got Teachers
We got Lawyers
Rail Stalkers and Voyeurs
We got Campers
We got an Overlander
And our first delivery went to a RedHawt Michigander
Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, We love our trucks

We got Ranchers
We got Tug Boaters
Neighborhood Patrolers
We've got High Techs
We got Purg Piners
And our custom logos came from a Graphic Designer

We love our trucks
Our Broncos to modify
Just slidin' behind the wheel
Leaves us with a happy sigh
Drive so far
Come as you are

I've seen lift kits
Swaps of vent clips
Over sized tires and PlastiDips
"And we got lovers
Lots of lookers"
I've even seen powder coat Cookers
And we love to drive our Broncos to Starbucks
(Yes we do)

I like my Bike
I like my Bike
"And I like my girlfriend
I like to take her out to dinner
I like a movie now and then"

But I love my Bronco
It came yesterday
Complete with rail dust and balloons,
Thru tears of joy all I could say
Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm,
I love this truck
Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm,
I just love my new truck

Ford Bronco 🛠 1/3/22 Build Week Group 1647457457663
Congrats Cat, that is one gorgeous Bronco!

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Congrats Cat, that is one gorgeous Bronco!
Kurt, you still have the FSB that's in your picture? I'm always looking for a late 80's early 90's in decent shape. But then I look at my pockets and realize if they were giving away one I couldn't afford to drive it home.

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't listened to Bob and Tom in forever and tbh I don't even know if they still broadcast but damn was that a great show.

Sponsored

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone interested in the MIC covers I took off?
Are they just the covers or entire mirrors? I might be interested regardless to be honest.

KReich64

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Kurt, you still have the FSB that's in your picture? I'm always looking for a late 80's early 90's in decent shape. But then I look at my pockets and realize if they were giving away one I couldn't afford to drive it home.
Nah Josh, I wish. By far, my favorite vehicle of all time. I'm not even sure that my 6G will take it's place yet. I loved that thing!

KReich64

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just got back from a 10 day road trip to Ohio to stay with my sister (post surgery). She's fine, by the way. 😁 After putting 2,100 miles on the Bronco, I am happy to report that all seems well. The engine is still in one piece, nothing fell off, and it drives way better than my Jeep JL did on long trips. This thing is very comfortable on long trips. 10 hours behind the wheel was nothing for me. The only com[plaint that I had was the abysmal gas mileage. It never got above 15.9 mpg. Didn't matter if I was in Eco mode or Normal. I actually like the throttle response of the Eco mode when driving around town, but it made zero difference in the highway mileage.

The only negative that I had is the choice of color. I honestly am not happy with the Area 51 choice, as it shows all of the dirt, all of the time. I am a fanatic about my finishes, and I can see that this will drive me nuts. I washed, clayed and waxed it two days before the trip, and just overnight I could see spotting.

Theresa and I are leaving tomorrow for Texas (flying), as we are going to the Off-Roadeo on Friday. I will have pics and videos to post when we get back. Is anyone else going to be there on Friday?

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll be back on the forum on Tuesday. Have fun till then!

Badlands2015

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are they just the covers or entire mirrors? I might be interested regardless to be honest.
It’s essentially a rear cover for the mirror housing. There is the piece that has the actual glass attached to it that also houses the wiring & then there is the cover on the other side.

See the link below for more details. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/mirror-cap-removal-instructions-w-diagrams.29345/

This is for a High/Lux package Bronco with the puddle light and camera on the bottom of the mirror housing

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I've discovered an annoying creak / squeak while driving, which appeared after installing the IAG ez-lift soft top assist. It's the same sound as below when pushing on the area myself. Someone else in the dedicated thread for it has started hearing a similar sound.

Sponsored

Last edited: