Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's not why I'm buying it, or why anyone is buying it....but it's also nice that it won't be a "pig" on the street.
I guess... They're both turbo engines that'll have plenty of midrange torque. Neither will necessarily feel slow DD'ing them. It's whatever to me, I have other machines to scratch the speed itch.
Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BamaGrad

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is anybody more familiar with Wrangler’s and their issues worried about rollover risk in a bronco with the 2.7? I was always under the impression that two door versions of these types of cars were more rollover prone due to the shorter wheelbase. Car right now is much longer and much slower (4runner) and I don’t know if it’s a stupid thing to be concerned about with the extra power, driving skills aside

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would not be surprised at all to see a Sasquatch 2.7L with the 4.7 gear ratio to do 0-60 in under 6 seconds. It has gobs of torque and a very steep gear ratio.

Car and Driver record Zero to 60 mph: 5.9 sec in a 2019 F150 SCREW 4x4 with the 2.7L. I could not find the rear gear ratio on the truck(which has a massive impact). Considering the Bronco should be lighter and have steeper gears I would expect a better time.
I'd be surprised as shit if the Sasquatch 2.7L will do this! Acceleration or lack there of and deceleration are the two main reasons I'm NOT buying the Sasquatch package. Performance numbers acceleration and braking will be much worse on any trim 'Squatched'.

I guess a Base 2.7L with 30" road tires will be fastest. Big Bend and Outer Banks should be right behind on un-aggressive 32s. Black Diamond should be right behind. Things start to slow down with the Badlands aggressive 33s. Once you've gone up to the heavy Squatch setup with the large diameter, you're laggin far behind the Base. Squatch with the 2.3L, forgetaboutit.

If you like zipping around like me, don't Squatch.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd be surprised as shit if the Sasquatch 2.7L will do this! Acceleration or lack there of and deceleration are the two main reasons I'm NOT buying the Sasquatch package. Performance numbers acceleration and braking will be much worse on any trim 'Squatched'.

I guess a Base 2.7L with 30" road tires will be fastest. Big Bend and Outer Banks should be right behind on un-aggressive 32s. Black Diamond should be right behind. Things start to slow down with the Badlands aggressive 33s. Once you've gone up to the heavy Squatch setup with the large diameter, you're laggin far behind the Base. Squatch with the 2.3L, forgetaboutit.

If you like zipping around like me, don't Squatch.
That might be true if all packages had the same gear ratios. The Sasquatch package comes with much steeper gears.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not why I'm buying it, or why anyone is buying it....but it's also nice that it won't be a "pig" on the street.
Yeah, definitely not a pig, its just the Beast

Wranglers more a Boar anyway

OP
OP
SarcasticDOCTOR
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is anybody more familiar with Wrangler’s and their issues worried about rollover risk in a bronco with the 2.7? I was always under the impression that two door versions of these types of cars were more rollover prone due to the shorter wheelbase. Car right now is much longer and much slower (4runner) and I don’t know if it’s a stupid thing to be concerned about with the extra power, driving skills aside
I have thought about this too. I’m hoping given a little but wider track and heavier sway bars that hopefully we’ll be a bit more stable... in theory ?

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For everyone saying it doesn't matter have you ever been on a two lane road behind a jeep, subaru, or RV? The twistier the road, the shorter the zone to pass.

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For everyone saying it doesn't matter have you ever been on a two lane road behind a jeep, subaru, or RV? The twistier the road, the shorter the zone to pass.
0-60 has zip to do with passing speed, and in a TT vehicle, the curve is much better set for passing.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model