2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not confident in any ten speed to be honest. I have a 2018 f150 5.0 10r80 work truck with 70k miles and it shifts like absolute crap, my 2018 expedition 3.5 10r80 shutters and also shifts kinda rough with 20k miles. My 2020 f250 tremor 6.7 has a CSP to get its 10r140 rebuilt by the dealer🤮 it sometimes refuses to up shift and also downshifts rough. Just my experiences with the 10 speed family.
Interesting. Only issue (knock on wood) Ive had with my ‘17 f150 3.5 10speed trans was it needed software update for hard downshift from 5th or 6th gear.

how long is that rebuild going to take the dealer on your 250 tremor? Id hate to have to go through that on a $80k+ truck and think they actually out everything back together correctly. I have a hard enough time with them correctly reconnecting wire harness or fuel lines on vehicles lol.
Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think we need to get confirmation from Ford on this. The door stickers of Bronco demo units show a transmission code of "T". The OP showed a table of transmission codes from a 2020 Explorer. On the Explorer table, a T code indicates the 10R60 transmission. However, the F-150's 10R80 tranny has a code designation of "G" and the Ranger's 10R80 has a code designation of "U". So these codes change depending on the model. Is it possible that a "T" code for a Bronco does indeed indicate a 10R80 tranny? How can we find out for sure? My dealer doesn't know...:cautious:
This looks like a black OBX. Would be good to know where it was taken.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lots of hyperbole and alarmism here:

A. Assuming the 60 transmission won't be "scalable" or upgraded in ways for the Bronco, when the spec sheet says it is scalable.
B. Using scary words like "minimum" when engineering seldom will use radically MORE capability than needed.

If the 60 transmission is deemed satisfactory, then they get to put it in. It's not up to random commentators on the Internet to engineer what goes in a product. They have no background in it, other than fascinatingly irrelevant anecdotes, and guesswork about longevity.

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

A. Assuming the 60 transmission won't be "scalable" or upgraded in ways for the Bronco, when the spec sheet says it is scalable.
B. Using scary words like "minimum" when engineering seldom will use radically MORE capability than needed
What spec sheet? Please share! :D

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What spec sheet? Please share! :D
It's already been shared on several posts, and can be found easily with some googling on the Getrag site. Please learn to search before firing off.

Sponsored

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Interesting. Only issue (knock on wood) Ive had with my ‘17 f150 3.5 10speed trans was it needed software update for hard downshift from 5th or 6th gear.

how long is that rebuild going to take the dealer on your 250 tremor? Id hate to have to go through that on a $80k+ truck and think they actually out everything back together correctly. I have a hard enough time with them correctly reconnecting wire harness or fuel lines on vehicles lol.
It says 2 days or something but I highly doubt it would be quick. I don't plan on taking it in until it needs a whole new trans. I've been screwed by every dealer in my area so bad I just can't trust any of them to do the job. A rebuilt trans is unacceptable in a truck this expensive.

OpenAir25

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

B. Using scary words like "minimum" when engineering seldom will use radically MORE capability than needed.

If the 60 transmission is deemed satisfactory, then they get to put it in. It's not up to random commentators on the Internet to engineer what goes in a product. They have no background in it, other than fascinatingly irrelevant anecdotes, and guesswork about longevity.
It's already been shared on several posts, and can be found easily with some googling on the Getrag site. Please learn to search before firing off.

I think you are referring to the manual transmission? We are talking about the Ford/GM collaborative 10R80 automatic (and the new reduced torque 10R60 :) ).

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sorry I came across so offensive. It was not intentional.

I have been searching for more info on the 10R60 transmission for the last 3 days and have found very little, let alone a spec sheet. I even searched Getrag's site but could not find anything about the automatic transmission in the Ford Bronco. If you can be more specific about where I can find it, it would much appreciated.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm sorry I came across so offensive. It was not intentional.

I have been searching for more info on the 10R60 transmission for the last 3 days and have found very little, let alone a spec sheet. I even searched Getrag's site but could not find anything about the automatic transmission in the Ford Bronco. If you can be more specific about where I can find it, it would much appreciated.
Don't sweat the attitude that some give on here saying to use the search function. The search function on this forum is horrible if you look on here and you would be better off just asking the question within a thread like you did. Most will answer you without a dick response

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don't sweat the attitude that some give on here saying to use the search function. The search function on this forum is horrible if you look on here and you would be better off just asking the question within a thread like you did. Most will answer you without a dick response
I use the 'Search titles only" to limit endless unrelated crap, but doing that you might miss something.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

no matter how you use the search function on here it's garbage 😅
It is rough, but I hate to say too much negative, I think the admins here do a great job and I know nothing about how the sausage is made.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Explorer had a A4LD which is an automatic. It's a modified version of the C3 (Pinto uses this) with an overdrive gear. The manual was actually a 5 speed. I had a first gen explorer with the A4LD, that transmission grenaded at 120k.
I went through 2 transmissions before I was finished...only transmission issues I have ever had, been manual before and ever since...which has me a bit concerned moving to an auto, for all the great aid features.
If I’m MY22, maybe I will switch to mansquatch! lol

mandrew

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anybody reached out to Levine to clarify? I don't have Twitter or I would.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anybody reached out to Levine to clarify? I don't have Twitter or I would.
why would anyone reach out to him. He has said so much crap in the past that has changed.
Sponsored