First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
WHAT WOULD THE “DUKE,” “ GUS” AND “WOODROW” DRIVE? TWO DOOR OF COURSE. WITH A WIN.92 IN THE RACK
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was really hoping for a single wheelbase capable of both, and getting the 2-door version for a little more cargo space. That doesn't seem to be the course they're taking, but I'm not surprised.
Yes, I thought a single wheelbase like the '84++ Cherokees could serve the purpose of a 2/4 door/pickup version with low overhead costs. But the spy photos show two different wheelbases.

Being an empty nester, I might go for the 2 door hoping for lighter weight to tow behind the RV. Going with your theory of conspicuous consumption and taking way too much stuff: When we were a family of four we drove Bronco II's, now with just two it's an Explorer, go figure.

Does anyone have a guess as to whether the transfer case will have a neutral for flat towing. I don't think the Ranger does, but the older electric shifts could be modified to have neutral.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
now with just two it's an Explorer, go figure.
Far better approach is to UPS stuff to your destination and arrive in style driving the 2-door

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does anyone have a guess as to whether the transfer case will have a neutral for flat towing. I don't think the Ranger does, but the older electric shifts could be modified to have neutral.
All current F150 and Ranger models with 4x4 have a flat tow mode for the transfer case, I can't see the Bronco being any different.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

All current F150 and Ranger models with 4x4 have a flat tow mode for the transfer case, I can't see the Bronco being any different.
Thanks, good info.

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm already looking at a new Mustang later this year or early next year, which will put 2 mustangs in the stable, have the FSB, a bike, I have a F-150 I need to haul off, and my 250. So after this new car, there won't be any way I get approval to add another vehicle, just replace ones I have.
I know the feeling... I currently have my Mustang, a Focus, a ZX2, a 240SX, and will be getting the bronco, plus the wife also plans to get the "baby Bronco"... I'm getting to the point that I'm pretty much out of space for vehicles, so after the new Bronco and BB, I'm gonna have to either start selling off vehicles or buy a house with a driveway even bigger than my current one lol

OP
OP
Bronco II

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know the feeling... I currently have my Mustang, a Focus, a ZX2, a 240SX, and will be getting the bronco, plus the wife also plans to get the "baby Bronco"... I'm getting to the point that I'm pretty much out of space for vehicles, so after the new Bronco and BB, I'm gonna have to either start selling off vehicles or buy a house with a driveway even bigger than my current one lol
Bigger driveway and bigger garage lol
Sponsored