Sponsored

1st oil change. Dealer booked out over a month.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Luckily the dealer I use is real close. I will drop my F350 off and tell them to get to when they can. In many cases they will call me that evening to tell me it's done, or early the next morning. Never taken more than a day.
Sponsored

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I guess my dealer is the exception rather than the rule. Chose one around 35 minutes away rather than the one in my town. Have had the hood seal replaced due to whistle, the tailgate strut replaced due to failure, and a few odds and ends. Each time, I got in within three days and was in and out in under an hour.

Edit: And surprisingly my parts came in in a matter of days.

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure I'll ever leave an oil change up to the dealer again, too easy to do myself and I can pick the oil. I brought my Z06 to the Chevy dealer for my 1st free oil change, I waited and watched these clowns drag the car on the lift, heard him test drive it like he stole it behind the dealership, then give it back to me with handprints on the door and console. Never again, and Ford dealerships are no better.
Geez. You must have wanted to whack them in the mouth!! Cant stand that behavior. Lets see the Z06!! love me Vettes!

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They have no employees, no one wants to work.
You mean we have low unemployment and those dealerships aren't paying enough to have workers?

Because more people are employed than ever before.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
From what I have heard, read and experienced myself it is pretty common. My wife's Silverado truck got hit in the rear bumper in the garage when someone crashed through our garage door. Yeah, that's a story all by itself, LOL. Fortunately the person who crashed through the door had good insurance and everything was covered. Part of the bumper was dented in, so the adjuster quoted the replacement piece and labor for a body shop. It was like 300 something and they gave us the money. The shops were all booked out 2 months so we opted to get a complete new bumper for the same price. I put the new bumper on and it had a defect on one of the end pieces so had to pull it off and replace the defective piece. Was a lot of labor 2X but better than waiting 2 months.

It's got to be bad for people needing oil changes and have to wait 2 months more. Most don't change their oil enough as it is so it's going to take it's toll on the vehicles. Fortunately I am able to do most all car work myself.

Sponsored

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like oil changes will need to be scheduled like dental appointments. Following your service, get Your next oil change in the books right away.

CVSJR

Raptor
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '09 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Attachments

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Purchased new in '09, currently has 6K miles.
I had a 13 Grandsport and LOVE THE C6 Widebody look.

Beautiful ride man!

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are out on oil changes through the 24th with two dedicated guys. Have two more that will help with overflow but we try to keep them on recall, PDI and light repair work.

Our county unemployment is at 1.4% in a town of 15,000-17,000 with several large employers. Aside from wages going up, which is good for the workforce in general, everyone that can or wants to work, already is. The biggest problem we have is no one wanting to get into this business regardless of what it pays along with a large portion of the workforce 10 years from full retirement.

We have seen an increase in non-Fords and new customers coming in, specifically for oil changes. We raised our prices after eating a bunch of oil, filter and consumables increases the last few years thinking the additional business was because we were "cheap". Nope. Still have the same volume but more people are whining about the price now. I did the math and factoring in part cost, labor cost, benefits, etc. we're clearing just over $3.00/per.

Sponsored

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Remember the old Samsonite luggage commercials?

That's what happens when you bring your car to the dealer.

Or they valets in Ferris Buellers Day Off.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're able to get under your Bronco changing the oil is very easy and honestly its rewarding because its all within your control. I replaced my factory yellow plastic plug with a Ronin billet valve and holy guacamole its PAINLESS. No drips, no mess, just easy.

I know the conversation is more to do with labor and shortages but thought id throw this out there. I've learned so much about my vehicles by poking around and when something needs to get done sometimes you'll end up being able to do it confidently as a result. In either case, hope we can get back to "normal" sooner than later though, its truly insane the times we live in.

22BlackDiamondGreen

Black Diamond
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford 150 1955 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

also my rear window is leaking again on my Silverado, their body shop says 2 month wait. I'm gonna use an entire tube of caulking myself to hopefully fix untill its replaced a 2nd time. Everything is a complete sh!tshow.
--- are you sure its the back glass -- could leak at roof to side joint and 3rd break light too

TL1964

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
also my rear window is leaking again on my Silverado, their body shop says 2 month wait. I'm gonna use an entire tube of caulking myself to hopefully fix untill its replaced a 2nd time. Everything is a complete sh!tshow.
My 2020 Silverado is still dealing with a leaking back window, after the dealer tried to fix it and then replaced the entire back window/slider after it still leaked like it did before I brought it in. It's a mess everywhere and we expect better quality on $60,000 vehicles.
Sponsored