Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The throw out bearings will expand and contract with heat cycles and make noise. With my numerous manual vehicles being a cable engaged clutch, the throw-out bearing always made noise from day one. I have not had the pleasure of a hydraulically engaged clutch, so I can not speak on that experience. I don't know if these transmissions have cable or hydraulic engagement to the clutch.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Buffaloguy

Base
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
They could find nothing wRong with it. The salesman manual bronco does the same thing for about 20 minutes during the cold weather then goes away when car is warm. They said nothing is mechanical wrong and its good to drive. One of the mechanics told me that many manual cars do that at warm up during cold weather and its not damaging the vehicles or any of the components. Thats the best I got. Bronco has been amazing so far and the noise doesn't make me lose sleep anymore. Even if it was an issue in the future which I doubt it...it would be warrantied.

Geo

Base
First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine has been in for service since 3/7. They can't get the sound replicated. I gave them a recording. They can't fix what they can't replicate.

OP
OP

Buffaloguy

Base
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine has been in for service since 3/7. They can't get the sound replicated. I gave them a recording. They can't fix what they can't replicate.
Same here man, they couldn't replicate it because when I took it to the dealer just my luck it was warm outside so they couldn't replicate the noise even though in the video is clear as day. They logged it and red flagged it so if its a big issue they call me back to fix whatever er the issue may be. Since its been warmer weather here lately, I don't even hear the noise.

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer's parts guy had the same Bronco as mine, and his wasn't making the same noise so they spent some time on it. The current theory is the fuel pump. Currently waiting on a new one to come in, being replaced under warranty.

Sponsored

Geo

Base
First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dealer's parts guy had the same Bronco as mine, and his wasn't making the same noise so they spent some time on it. The current theory is the fuel pump. Currently waiting on a new one to come in, being replaced under warranty.
Following for update.....

Shoresy

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land cruiser, focus st
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Badlands started doing this 10-days ago, at around 2000 miles… it goes away with clutch pedal depressed, and comes back when the pedal is out.

Is that what others are experiencing?

It does seem very temporary, maybe 1-2 minutes and then it goes away.

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 350 Tremor, 2002 Excursion 7.3L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sounds like they'll have a TSB out for the throwout bearings; but here's what I could pull from Fords PTS

Attachments

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The throw out bearings will expand and contract with heat cycles and make noise. With my numerous manual vehicles being a cable engaged clutch, the throw-out bearing always made noise from day one. I have not had the pleasure of a hydraulically engaged clutch, so I can not speak on that experience. I don't know if these transmissions have cable or hydraulic engagement to the clutch.
These are indeed hydro, sir

Attachments

OP
OP

Buffaloguy

Base
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nope. For it it happens at idle in cold weather. Pushing the clutch has no effect on it. It does it when I'm not in the vehicle and when I push the clutch it still does the same thing until it warms up then goes away. The people with issues only when they push or release the clutch , could be a problem.

Sponsored

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It could be as simple as the lubricant used isn't designed for the cold of Northern North America in their throwout bearings; or maybe even just a wear-in period for the bearings themselves; just like main bearings top layers are designed for embeddability, so minor FOD can get smushed in and not damage the main journal. Either way, enough people complain about the problem, Ford will shove out a TSB/GSB/SSM or write it into the owners manual

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wanted to add another data point here. After reading this (and a few other threads), went down to start mine. Looks like mine isn't making the noise - waited for high idle to go down to semi-warmed RPM.

Ambient temps around 65*F this morning in the underground garage. I wonder if it is cold temperature dependent?

Last edited:

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not sure if you read my whole thread but most if not all of us agreed thats its in cold temps. My bronco doesn't do it when its warm outside.
Roger that, just caught myself up with the whole thread

Teunis

Raptor
First Name
Teunis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor, 2019 STi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey gang. New here. I am also experiencing this… and it seems to be more pronounced in colder temperatures.

I am however wondering if anybody is experiencing a slight grind past the first notch going into first gear? This may also be due to colder temps. It’s almost as if it doesn’t want to go into gear easily. It’s ever so slight, but it was enough to get a quick grind before I backed off. This also seems to happen in most forward facing gears. Reverse, first and third.

Would love to hear your thoughts. Thank you.
Sponsored