Sponsored

2.7 Engine Upgrades - supercharger / bigger turbos?

Saltheman

Wildtrak
First Name
Salman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got a Bronco Wildtrak. And I want to give the engine some juice. I thought about adding a supercharge to it or even bigger turbos.
Has anyone here done any upgrades along those lines ?
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got a Bronco Wildtrak. And I want to give the engine some juice. I thought about adding a supercharge to it or even bigger turbos.
Custom tuning is recently available from ZFG racing. Nobody has upgraded the turbos to my knowledge… yet.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doesn't appear to be much room to go w/ bigger turbos and not aware of any supercharger available. I'd probably start w/ an intake, charge pipes, intercooler, exhaust and a tune. Several tune offerings out there from mild to wild.

OP
OP

Saltheman

Wildtrak
First Name
Salman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any tuning you know other than the ZFG Racing tuning that I can look into ?

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Performance Procal, installed by a dealer and it does not void your warranty

Sponsored

RedSoloCup

Big Bend
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well it’s already got twin turbos. I doubt you will see a supercharger available for it. I’m sure there are turbo upgrades possible but you would most likely be better served getting tuning from ZFG via HPTuners with them or waiting for SCT to be compatible for more tuning options

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Doesn't appear to be much room to go w/ bigger turbos and not aware of any supercharger available. I'd probably start w/ an intake, charge pipes, intercooler, exhaust and a tune. Several tune offerings out there from mild to wild.

There is always room for bigger turbos. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ford Bronco 2.7 Engine Upgrades - supercharger / bigger turbos? 1712617313635-30

TNTACO

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F150, 2024 Bronco On Order
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I reached out to my dealer about the availability of the Procal for the 2024's and he said it is not available yet. He also told me that if I do this, it reduces the 5/60 powertrain warranty to 3/36. Has anyone else heard this?

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I reached out to my dealer about the availability of the Procal for the 2024's and he said it is not available yet. He also told me that if I do this, it reduces the 5/60 powertrain warranty to 3/36. Has anyone else heard this?
That is incorrect.

TNTACO

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F150, 2024 Bronco On Order
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hope you are right. I will dig deeper. He said the reason is it puts more wear and tear on the engine and transmission. If that's the case, why is it offered. I get the impression that this particular dealer is not versed on this stuff. Thanks.

Foxbody Barra

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a turbo upgrade in the works from the premier ecoboost turbo parts manufacturer.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I hope you are right. I will dig deeper. He said the reason is it puts more wear and tear on the engine and transmission. If that's the case, why is it offered. I get the impression that this particular dealer is not versed on this stuff. Thanks.
It's because of the great state of California and it's wonderful CARB rules. You have to have everything certified by that in order to be "50-state" legal, and that's what usually holds up stuff like ProCal tuning.

2023 tuning came in relatively fast (end of January I think), so I'm surprised 2024 is taking as long as it is. They must have changed more than we realize on the engine/emissions, or they just got late in submitting it for certification, or CARB is just taking their own sweet time (which is likely, I have to deal with them all the time).

I'm sure that ESE they added for all models is the reason!

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There is always room for bigger turbos. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ford Bronco 2.7 Engine Upgrades - supercharger / bigger turbos? 1712617313635-30
Fire up the leaf blowers!

Seriously, a tune from someone can raise max boost above 18-19 we have available from the factory. Trade off is can the engine itself handle 25-28 psi without imploding

Maybe OPs solution is to trade in for a braptor with the larger engine but surely for price differential with Raptor starting above 80 large one can figure out how to stuff a 428 in the back seat to go racing 1/4 mile at a time.
Sponsored