Sponsored

(2.7) OBX with or W/O Sasquatch for mostly Hwy use.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yinz would be crazy paying over list. Hahaha. I’ll trade you straight up for a large Fiori’s pep and pastrami with egg from Primanti’s?
Eh wha? :LOL:
Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking for help picking. I never plan on playing on rocks and I do plan on going 75 to 90 MPH everyday. I’m thinking of doing a small aftermarket lift and starting with 32’s or 33’s to start on the factory 18’s. Is the 4.27 going to be comfortable with this setup?

I’m nervous that I wouldn’t like where the tach will sit with squatch at those high speeds with the 4.7. I’m also ruling out the 3.73 since it doesn’t have the locking option.

Am I looking at this right or should I just get the squatch? I don’t keep things long and I want to spec something someone’s going to want to buy when I’m done with it.
IMHO if you don't want to keep the Bronco for any real time, just wait a year and buy one used when it hits a lot. You'll save money.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
35s will be less fuel efficient and less safe in the event of a crash, both important considerations for primarily hwy use. No reason to spec Sasquatch, plenty of fun will be able to be had with a secondhand non-factory-sasq’d bronco.

OP
OP

Jcims27

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14,15,16,17,18,18,19,20 GMC 1500 Crew. 13 BMW 135i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Used2jeep, those are Pittsburgh’s best pizza and sandwich. I’ll be picking both these up before driving back down to Texas while I’m home for Christmas.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Used2jeep, those are Pittsburgh’s best pizza and sandwich. I’ll be picking both these up before driving back down to Texas while I’m home for Christmas.
NICE! Mini foodie tour with the new truck! I'm planning to head through to the Moonshine Store for a burger and then through KY and WV on the way home from IA.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jcims27

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
NICE! Mini foodie tour with the new truck! I'm planning to head through to the Moonshine Store for a burger and then through KY and WV on the way home from IA.
Make sure you stop at Hillbilly Hotdogs if you’re heading through WV.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you're doing a lift why wouldn't you sasquatch it? 32" tires with a lift? Better off dropping it.

OP
OP

Jcims27

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I saw them on DDD right?
Yup. He gets it right sometimes. LOL. You can actually tell what part of WV you’re in by the toppings on their dogs. I’m sure it’s not, but it should be the Official state food.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s why I’m asking on here. Everything I’ve seen stops at 70 MPH. That’s the speed limit for 2 lanes down here in Texas. HWY speeds start at 80.
Thats why all the Texans in Colorado drive like assholes? Could never figure out why they thought going 90 in a 55 was acceptable.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jcims27

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you're doing a lift why wouldn't you sasquatch it? 32" tires with a lift? Better off dropping it.
18’s are more my thing than the 17’s are. I didn’t even mention the thoughts I was having about 20’s given the high likelihood of crashing this site. Hell, the idea of 20’s on a Bronco not made for SEMA could take down the entire internets.....

OP
OP

Jcims27

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thats why all the Texans in Colorado drive like assholes? Could never figure out why they thought going 90 in a 55 was acceptable.
Yup. There are 2 lanes here with 75 posted. Took some getting used to when I got here. In the country, peeps are nicer and will literally slide onto the shoulder to let you pass. In the metro areas, you have to keep left and pass right. And I have no idea why blinkers come on cars down here....

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can't even wrap my head around buying a vehicle that sits on 35x12.50s to use as a regular 90 mph freeway queen.

Eh I think it’s fair to say most vehicles purchased on this forum will be over-spec’d for wheeling and under spec’d for daily comfort. I mean how many $50k rigs do you really see getting hardcore wheeled. 95% of the terrain the US can be accessed with stock 4x4 vehicles and they will also handle better on the freeway. That last 5% of terrain is 99% wheeled by dedicated rigs. That get that crap beaten out of them.

Now that being said, there is no doubt it’s REALLY fun driving around with a badass rig. I really do get that part and thus I think if you’ve got the cash there’s no reason not to do it. But come on we all know it’s not practical. But since when are off roaders practical? ;)

Everyone seems to be worried their bronco won’t have the same options as some other guys bronco and thus theirs will be worthless. It’s a bit counterintuitive because historically higher trim vehicles depreciate more than lower trim models.

Also a lot of people are forgetting that some of the higher trim levels are seriously heavy, and this will also have a major impact on day to day driving.

If you drive on 35s and think your truck rides well on the road compared to road-oriented vehicles you really have no idea what good driving. This goes double for wranglers those things are dogs on the road. But that’s fine because that’s not what they’re meant for.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs