Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I pulled the time from CDKs SSSC function. Haven't seen any actual warranty punch times but I'm sure guys aren't getting anywhere close. 30 hours for a long block, diag and all the adds is probably a fair estimate for the first one.
Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fo Mo Co called me yesterday. Said all my parts are in..... but there are 5 vehicles in front of mine to be worked on first!!! 🤦‍♂️ Love that it isn't the dealer calling me with this info!!
Hey .......... hurry up and wait!!! 🤞
If you haven't heard from the dealer maybe should stop by around lunch time to check on the status with a couple pizzas for the service techs.

Little food goes a long way LOL 😁

Jon_MothaFkn_Adams

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST, 2021 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It took my dealer longer to find a fuel pump than it did the engine so maybe that's the constraint?🤷‍♂️
Same. Although it did end up shipping a week earlier than they predicted. Fuel pump should be in today so I should have it back next week. Should being the keyword.

Jon_MothaFkn_Adams

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fo Mo Co called me yesterday. Said all my parts are in..... but there are 5 vehicles in front of mine to be worked on first!!! 🤦‍♂️ Love that it isn't the dealer calling me with this info!!
Hey .......... hurry up and wait!!! 🤞
My dealer has been awesome, but FoMoCo has not. I can't get return emails and calling is a pain in the ass.

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My repairing dealer just called me, they have scheduled me for Tuesday next week to start the installation, said should be done by Friday. That lines up with the info above from Flip and friends.

I want so bad to call and ask for the parts on hand verification list, removal and installation procedures, post installation checkout list, risk mitigation plan, timeline and key accountabilities, then schedule a daily check in cadence for escalation items.....my job has officially ruined me and turned me into a Corporate jack ass.

Must.....not..........piss them off........ :)

My old man used to say "Never be rude to people that touch your food, provide a service, or fix things for you, especially before they are done".

Today is day 32 with it out of service, so I will be calling Ford to discuss options for soothing my grief...again.

Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All of us in the "window" of concern need Matts Off-Road Recovery on speed dial. Toyotas are not immune either!

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There really hasn't been that many 2.7's released in the wild yet. As dirt/snow mountain clears out And people actually start putting real mileage on their 2.7's this number is going to go up.
Can't you just visualize Ford arranging festivities at your dealer - complete with balloons and banners - where the 2.7 AAs who make it to the end of the 5 yr/60,000mi Powertrain Warranty drive in for complimentary champagne & pineapple pizza!

....assuming Ford is still around in 5 years :)

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It gives me a chuckle. Of course it’s running strong! Until it doesn’t run at all!
That is exactly why this has been so horribly managed by FoMoCo. It runs like a beast until it doesn't. There are no reported symptoms that present pre RUD. If only one valve that was improperly manufactured is in your engine, BINGO! Nothing you can do about it when it fails. I would like to see a discussion, possibly on a separate thread about how valves are made, and what the mechanical properties are, and what the FoMoCo specs are for Hardness, Young's modulus, Poisson's Ratio. Do the specs change depending based on exhaust vs intake, etc.,.?

Last edited:

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My old man used to say "Never be rude to people that touch your food, provide a service, or fix things for you, especially before they are done".
True that!

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could 21209's stop blowing up please? At this point it seems inevitable that's where I'm heading.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All of us in the "window" of concern need Matts Off-Road Recovery on speed dial. Toyotas are not immune either!
Only an issue if you are doing hard core offroading. The extreme angle causing oil to be sucked into cylinder 6 is becoming a known issue. Not the same magnitude issue the 2.7Ls are having.

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Popped by the dealer today because I had to turn in my rental (that Ford covered) for a loaner and took a detour into the service bay to check on the Bronco. Let me tell you there's not much left under the hood without the engine there, this thing is big.

They started work on Tuesday, received the fuel pump Wednesday. Both engines were on the service bay floor as they swapped parts and whatnot. The replacement engine apparently came with a fuel pump even though Ford had them order a new one. Not sure if it was the same pump or not. Anyway, they put the new one on.

They are making sure to not rush this and get it right, which I appreciate. They might finish tonight but more likely Monday. Fingers crossed it all tests out well.

Here's the sticker for the new engine.
Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] tempImageILktRu

Jon_MothaFkn_Adams

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Popped by the dealer today because I had to turn in my rental (that Ford covered) for a loaner and took a detour into the service bay to check on the Bronco. Let me tell you there's not much left under the hood without the engine there, this thing is big.

They started work on Tuesday, received the fuel pump Wednesday. Both engines were on the service bay floor as they swapped parts and whatnot. The replacement engine apparently came with a fuel pump even though Ford had them order a new one. Not sure if it was the same pump or not. Anyway, they put the new one on.

They are making sure to not rush this and get it right, which I appreciate. They might finish tonight but more likely Monday. Fingers crossed it all tests out well.

Here's the sticker for the new engine.
Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] tempImageILktRu
I hope it all goes well.
Now I'm going to have swing by and check on mine.
Sponsored