First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would use a fuel stabilizer from Amsoil or a similar brand name equivalent if you are planning on keeping it mostly in storage, just saying. Mine is also garaged at this time while I wait on suspension and other aftermarket accessories. I was using the wait for parts as an excuse until Ford came out with a Recall on 2.7 valves but as my long wait for parts is finally coming to an end, I think I might just go and order the new valves with hardware and remove the heads and then have a reputable machine shop install it for me and be done with it. I will save the receipts and try to get FORD to reimburse me for it (pre-recall or after recall).
Put a 5.0L in it!
Sponsored

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would love to see the data that Ford is seeing from vehicles in the field.
If its like everything else in their old ICE division, the data is only seen by a first-year intern with an English major - who is creating really colorful charts that no one else has seen yet.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would use a fuel stabilizer from Amsoil or a similar brand name equivalent if you are planning on keeping it mostly in storage, just saying. Mine is also garaged at this time while I wait on suspension and other aftermarket accessories. I was using the wait for parts as an excuse until Ford came out with a Recall on 2.7 valves but as my long wait for parts is finally coming to an end, I think I might just go and order the new valves with hardware and remove the heads and then have a reputable machine shop install it for me and be done with it. I will save the receipts and try to get FORD to reimburse me for it (pre-recall or after recall).
This might be the way to go for those that don't want to be waiting for engine failure constantly.
What do you think the cost will be?

Sponsored

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Loss of your complete Ford engine warranty!
I'd like to know what that is worth.

There is a cost to not wanting to drive it for 6 months while waiting for a resolution, or driving it only in specific areas to not get stranded.
I'm not sure you can put exact dollar amounts on these types of inconveniences though.

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't wait till this whole thread is behind us kind of like covid-19!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'd like to know what that is worth.

There is a cost to not wanting to drive it for 6 months while waiting for a resolution, or driving it only in specific areas to not get stranded.
I'm not sure you can put exact dollar amounts on these types of inconveniences though.
Earlier in this thread one of the people saw the service invoice from their replaced 2.7 engine, are you sitting down? $10k, see below.
Picked up my Bronco today with the new engine and fuel pump after 31 days at the dealer. Probably hard to turn it around much faster than that and I do realize that others have been waiting much longer.

Seemed to drive fine on the way home, although I may have a loose proximity sensor up front as it’s beeping non-stop under 5 mph. The drive felt stiffer and bumpier than I remember? Four weeks in a beat up Gladiator Sport rental car probably got me used to a soft mushy ride.:p I guess I’ll begin a break in period again and take it easy for 500-1,000 miles. And I’m sure I’ll listen for every little noise from under the hood.

By the way, I saw the accounting copy of the invoice - this was an almost $10k repair.

I did notice the coolant hoses were not clamped down so I’ll need to have them address that. Otherwise, I’m happy to be back on the road. Hang in there my blown engine crew mates!

Reactions: jon

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Earlier in this thread one of the people saw the service invoice from their replaced 2.7 engine, are you sitting down? $10k, see below.
I bet you could get it done for a lot less.
Anyway, what is the cost of not driving it, but paying for it for 6 months or more?
(if you paid cash, the money you could have invested etc.)

And if the engine did blow for some other reason later, would the Ford techs even notice or care that there are newer valves?
When the owners here have had replacements done, they've reported that the service dept knows next to nothing about the cause, and don't seem to care either.

Last edited:
  • Sad

Sponsored

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
And the cashier told me that $10k price was their price, like wholesale. Would have been even more expensive if being billed to a consumer regularly. Either way, pretty pricey.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Please don't excuse Ford for hiding a safety issue during a difficult time. Are other manufacturers risking lives knowingly and hiding?
Toyota, Chevrolet, Dodge and Jeep do it all the time.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5