Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST, 2021 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still no Bronco. The service department that I've been so happy with bumped me. But, here's a pic of the new engine label.

There's a big part of me that is ok with the delay. If it's there for another week I can talk buyback with Ford. I loved the Bronco but the way Ford is handling this has soured me on Ford as a whole big time.

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] IMG_20220325_082925
Sponsored

Last edited:

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still no Bronco. The service department that I've been so happy with bumped me. But, here's a pic of the new engine label.

There's a big part of me that is ok with the delay. If it's there for another week I can talk buyback with Ford. I loved the Bronco but the way Ford is handling this has soured me on Ford as a whole big time.

IMG_20220325_082925.jpg
Well, look at that! Engine was built 21 Jan 2022, but the label states it is for 2021 model year. Looks like Ford may have built a bunch of replacement engines on speculation they are needed to replace blown engines.

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] IMG_20220325_082925
Me neither, "the turbo isn't in yet".....I'm not even calling them today, the daily disappointment is not worth it.

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This might be the way to go for those that don't want to be waiting for engine failure constantly.
What do you think the cost will be?
I will get a price estimate from FORD Parts in the next couple of days and will report back.

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I bet you could get it done for a lot less.
Anyway, what is the cost of not driving it, but paying for it for 6 months or more?
(if you paid cash, the money you could have invested etc.)

And if the engine did blow for some other reason later, would the Ford techs even notice or care that there are newer valves?
When the owners here have had replacements done, they've reported that the service dept knows next to nothing about the cause, and don't seem to care either.
If you removed the heads took the heads to a machine shop with the new improved valves it would be within a few hundred dollars to have this done. Then the cost of the parts including new head gaskets would be in my opinion between $300-$400 but this is an estimate before COVID-19. I will find some time to go and get actually pricing by next weekend. If it is the valves then this would be the best course of action for those that want to keep their OE engine part #.

Reactions: jon

Sponsored

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We were not talking about stabilizer, we were talking about replacing your own valves.
I have already installed the UPR Dual Valve Oil catch can and a Roush Air intake and I was planning on getting the Whipple Supercharger Performance Kit so I am already going to void my warranty anyway. Also, I have trust issues with other people working on my vehicles due to numerous lack of quality in repair work from dealers to highly rated shops. I would get the job done right and fix anything that brakes during the repair.

Reactions: jon

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have already installed the UPR Dual Valve Oil catch can and a Roush Air intake and I was planning on getting the Whipple Supercharger Performance Kit so I am already going to void my warranty anyway. Also, I have trust issues with other people working on my vehicles due to numerous lack of quality in repair work from dealers to highly rated shops. I would get the job done right and fix anything that brakes during the repair.
What kind out output HP and torque will you get after the performance kit?

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, look at that! Engine was built 21 Jan 2022, but the label states it is for 2021 model year. Looks like Ford may have built a bunch of replacement engines on speculation they are needed to replace blown engines.
I noticed that on another replacement in this thread. Maybe Ford is piling up stock before they issue a replacement campaign. Long shot, but maybe...

Don't want to sound like an asshole, but I'm glad I wasn't an early failure with an early engine build as replacement. Feel better seeing the '22 AB's going into these latest repairs so if/when it's my turn, I'll probably get one of these new engines.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Might also be that people are not driving them.

I have literally put like 10 miles on mine since I verified I was in the danger zone. It has been sitting for 6 weeks now.
I am so sorry you feel grounded with your new Bronco.

Sponsored

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can we get back to talking about how my engine blew up on day 8 of ownership?

:-D
That is really a shocker! No fun. Especially if you talked it up to others and then "Hey where is your Bronco dude?"

Mataxis

Black Diamond
First Name
R. Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toy.Sequoia, 2020 Dodge Challenger ScatPack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is really a shocker! No fun. Especially if you talked it up to others and then "Hey where is your Bronco dude?"
Exactly! It’s frankly, incredibly embarrassing.

To top it off, I learned the top is recalled… so it’ll be quite awhile before I have it back with the new engine and new top.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Exactly! It’s frankly, incredibly embarrassing.

To top it off, I learned the top is recalled… so it’ll be quite awhile before I have it back with the new engine and new top.
I am so sorry. Would you rather be without it at all and no issues, or deal with these issues and at least have a VIN number. I only have a reservation and nothing more.

Regulator Johnson

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On a similar note, does anyone know what mileage Ford suggests be reached before you do full throttle acceleration and sustained freeway driving at the same rpm/speed.? What is the engine break-in mileage for the 2.7 L engine?

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

On a similar note, does anyone know what mileage Ford suggests be reached before you do full throttle acceleration and sustained freeway driving at the same rpm/speed.? What is the engine break-in mileage for the 2.7 L engine?
The owners manual is readily available online with all this info.
Sponsored