Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

and for sure the new valves had to be included in the new head assemblies, but did Lima start using the new valves before then ? probably, imo

I'm with you here. I think after the problem was found and corrected, heads with bad valves were still being used thus giving us the crap shoot we have today of who will or will not fail. I think Ford is probably struggling with that too...how many total engines are effected?

In the end , IF (big IF) Ford makes a statement, it'll be vague but may result in a 5yr/100k engine warranty for the AA engines. That's my bet, stamp it.
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think Ford is probably struggling with that too...how many total engines are effected?
Wrong. They know how many engines are affected. They know the cost to recall/replace those faulty parts. They've estimated the cost of inertia - watch from the sidelines and see if perhaps the higher cost of engine replacement will be necessary on significantly fewer vehicles.

In other words - they're taking the chicken-shit approach. F you, your safety, and your convenience. We're gonna roll the dice & try to save a few thou.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found the source of the bad valves from this supplier’s employee. He was finding the valves somewhere from a non approved source.

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 4FBC7900-F8C3-473A-B48E-7F2D088F1C99

Reactions: jon

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm with you here. I think after the problem was found and corrected, heads with bad valves were still being used thus giving us the crap shoot we have today of who will or will not fail. I think Ford is probably struggling with that too...how many total engines are effected?

In the end , IF (big IF) Ford makes a statement, it'll be vague but may result in a 5yr/100k engine warranty for the AA engines. That's my bet, stamp it.
I’d love to see a warranty like that implemented. As I’m 10 days before the earliest failure noted here. Nationwide who knows. Be nice to know the exact day the bad valves first were installed. I had all intentions of buying the 2.3 and had deposit placed. The bronco I got fell in my lap as the person had to back out and it was available at my dealer. Then I start reading on the 2.7 issues after I made the deal🤦

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

That is what I said on Monday. An extended engine warranty for all 2021 Bronco owners with AA engines is the least Ford can do. Ford is going to lose loyalty the longer they leave us hanging out here like yellow grenades with either dud or delayed fuses. Which one? Right now it is impossible for Bronco owners to know.

Does Ford already know if we bought our Bronco with the pin in place or not. If I knew my engine would be covered for as long as I plan own it, I would be satisfied. Right now I am worried.

The Ford brand is tarnished a little more each day Ford delays an announcement about the 2.7L.

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 1645196260044

Last edited:

Sponsored

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’d love to see a warranty like that implemented. As I’m 10 days before the earliest failure noted here. Nationwide who knows. Be nice to know the exact day the bad valves first were installed. I had all intentions of buying the 2.3 and had deposit placed. The bronco I got fell in my lap as the person had to back out and it was available at my dealer. Then I start reading on the 2.7 issues after I made the deal🤦
There is a chance the dealer ordered something the original buy never even wanted to resell with ADM to another buyer

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There is a chance the dealer ordered something the original buy never even wanted to resell with ADM to another buyer
Paid msrp +accessories. Same deal I had worked out for the big bend 2.3. But The OBX has so many more options I told him on the phone sight unseen yes I’ll take it. Dealer story the guy has a massive heart attack didn’t know when/if he would be able to work again. I’m sure if I said no he would have called the next person on the list with a deposit down.

Reactions: jon

Bishobi76

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Got my F150 back from the dealer on Wednesday. They replaced the long block. They had no comment on what happened to the old 2.7. Said they didn't even take it apart. Ford just replaced it with a new engine and old engine went back to Ford.

So far so good with new engine. Old engine was built in July, so fell right in the time frame.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, detonation was one of the possible failure modes that I suspected was a possibility early on... But that was ridiculed too.
The modern term for boosted engines is LSPI, Low Speed Pre-Ignition. 💥 💥 💥 💥

Last edited:

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

An extended engine warranty for all 2021 Bronco owners with AA engines is the least Ford can do.
No, I think we're witnessing the least Ford can do.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Remember, there's only a 3-year 36,000 mi warranty.

Ford is playing the odds and hoping all those engines that may be on the border make it another 30k :)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got my F150 back from the dealer on Wednesday. They replaced the long block. They had no comment on what happened to the old 2.7. Said they didn't even take it apart. Ford just replaced it with a new engine and old engine went back to Ford.

So far so good with new engine. Old engine was built in July, so fell right in the time frame.
Can you take a picture of the engine stamp? I hope it's not an AA