- both are Julian 193
- middle of prior ' clear gap ' range, which now looks doubtful

line# 46) - 21193 - (12 July) . . . owner @FB shared VIN#
line# 47) - 21193 - (12 July) . . . posted B6g Monday

Now 38 w Julian date info
- 35 are within ' 2-month Containment ' range - updated below
- the other two graphs will be updated soon

Blown 2.7 ebds 2mo - 2022.May.11.png
Ooof....that's a pisser offer. JD 21196. "Gap" just turned to a Crack.
Sponsored

ashtonsf150

First Name
ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2021 2.7L V6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Whats up everyone? Ashton here. I wanted to jump in on this thread. I have a 2021 F-150, I purchased this vehicle new in October. Today, my engine failed. It is the 2.7L V6 2nd generation - the same motor in the bronco.. Add it to the list.

CarStory

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW GTI, Subaru STI, Toyota Yaris HB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My was built 21174. Fingers crossed. haha. I was planing on getting the extended warranty at some point even before this.
i am also a 174 build date. im at 1700 miles, no issue yet but im worried i will have the problem.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
…-maybe we should start tracking F-150 engines also ? - a few have come up here and there w dropped valves - would be interesting to see if they have similar engine build-date ranges to the Bronco failures

there could be a similar blown engine list in F-150 forum - would be interesting to compare
I would like to see all 2.7 EcoBoost engines with failed valves tracked here.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That moment you walk in late to the party and have no idea what's going on... Other than you're extremely late.

Sponsored

Math4Fun77

First Edition
First Name
Nate & Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco-14 VW Jetta-04 Honda Pilot-71 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Whoa.

Ok.

Call me triggered but here we go . . .

I'm curious why @Ford Motor Company rep here is suddenly interested and willing to help. How many engines are down? Where has the help been before now? I even messaged you privately to look deeper into my case because I saw that clearly things were amiss. My response from you was, "I'll record your comments." There was no offer to "look into things on my end." (And things were amiss because the part I was waiting on for 2 months was readily available and it took the community here helping me to find it. I had to direct my parts department to order it. Also, this allusive part??? My brother ordered it for my birthday and had it overnighted to me. It was that easy.) I had no intentions on airing "dirty laundry" - but MAN! Ford is not doing things right.

So, yeah . . . you just pushed me over the edge. . .

I'm over 2 months into this and still no vehicle. In fact, the parts are in and its STILL not in the service bay even though they told my CSR it would be pulled in last night. Shocker. It wasn't.

Do I sound frustrated and fed up? Yes, absolutely. But I ask you to put yourself in my shoes and see how patient you would be. No loaner offered. No rentals. No phone calls or communication directly from my dealer. I am extremely grateful for my CSR. Even my CSR is not getting clear answers. But this incompetence is getting difficult to deal with.

Last edited:

Lucky Nut

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The math on a 2 month Tacoma rental plus a buy back at 10k over MSRP didn't add up so well me thinks.

Last edited:

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That moment you walk in late to the party and have no idea what's going on... Other than you're extremely late.
which is more appropriate you think?

the-simpsons-abe-simpson.gif

or

%ED%98%BC%ED%8C%8C%EB%A7%9D-%ED%94%BC%EC%9E%90.gif

Sponsored

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, it will make everything more confusing. It will distort the Bronco numbers. This needs to stay focused.
Distorting the numbers would not be a problem. We need to know if there are other engines built at LEP that have the same issue and if they line up with the Bronco failures. There would be no problem tracing F150’s separate from Bronco failures. The engines are nearly identical. If you were @Lucchese, and you made an outright NO comment I would hear you, but you aren’t and I don’t.

Last edited:

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
There have been numerous explanations here about how the F150 2.7 is slightly different than the Bronco's. It would be odd to pretend they are the same now just to add a few more failures to the list.
Ford won't do anything about it either way. ;)

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Whoa.

Ok.

Call me triggered but here we go . . .

I'm curious why @Ford Motor Company rep here is suddenly interested and willing to help. How many engines are down? Where has the help been before now? I even messaged you privately to look deeper into my case because I saw that clearly things were amiss. My response from you was, "I'll record your comments." There was no offer to "look into things on my end." (And things were amiss because the part I was waiting on for 2 months was readily available and it took the community here helping me to find it. I had to direct my parts department to order it. Also, this allusive part??? My brother ordered it for my birthday and had it overnighted to me. It was that easy.) I had no intentions on airing "dirty laundry" - but MAN! Ford is not doing things right.

So, yeah . . . you just pushed me over the edge. . .

I'm over 2 months into this and still no vehicle. In fact, the parts are in and its STILL not in the service bay even though they told my CSR it would be pulled in last night. Shocker. It wasn't.

Do I sound frustrated and fed up? Yes, absolutely. But I ask you to put yourself in my shoes and see how patient you would be. No loaner offered. No rentals. No phone calls or communication directly from my dealer. I am extremely grateful for my CSR. Even my CSR is not getting clear answers - they don't take her calls and they don't call her back. But this incompetence is getting difficult to deal with.

Remember when @Ford Motor Company determined that the cost of paying out the families of Pinto owners was cheaper than fixing the actual problem with the exploding Pintos already on the road?

Apparently 47 engines was when the math finally tipped the other way for them. when it was 46, not so much, but 47! 47 is when something gets done.