Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I hope it all goes well.
Now I'm going to have swing by and check on mine.
Good luck with yours. It's a bit of a shock at first when you see the two engines on the ground, then it's pretty cool checking them out. Less things to connect to the rest of the car than I would have imagined, which I guess is good?
Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Motors says just under 15 hours to replace a running complete with is nuts and usually just a formula taken from warranty time. Realistically it will be 25+ for a long block if they haven't done one yet.
And Joey Logano's crew can pull and replace during a race in less than.15 minutes and perform.a full rebuild back in the shop before dinner

Would you, or anyone here accept a long block rather than a full engine on a new vehicle with less than 500 miles?

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And Joey Logano's crew can pull and replace during a race in less than.15 minutes and perform.a full rebuild back in the shop before dinner

Would you, or anyone here accept a long block rather than a full engine on a new vehicle with less than 500 miles?
I’d like to see Joey Logano's crew replace a 2.7 Bronco engine in 15 min…

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That is exactly why this has been so horribly managed by FoMoCo. It runs like a beast until it doesn't. There are no reported symptoms that present pre RUD. If only one valve that was improperly manufactured is in your engine, BINGO! Nothing you can do about it when it fails. I would like to see a discussion, possibly on a separate thread about how valves are made, and what the mechanical properties are, and what the FoMoCo specs are for Hardness, Young's modulus, Poisson's Ratio. Do the specs change depending based on exhaust vs intake, etc.,.?
Yes the specs change. Intake valves are not subject to hot exhaust in contact with the stems although the sealing surface and face are subject yo same compression ratio and ignition explosions.

Stellite valves (hardened stems and faces) have been a requirement since the demise of leaded gas and in the 50s and 60s you would only find them in commercial or hi-po applications. The lead not only provided anti-knock but also valve lubrication and cooling.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And the hits just keep on comin’!!!!!!!!!
That was so rude! How can you say this about a these poor engine failures and you have an old Landcruiser as your image!

PS How much do you want for your Landcruiser? Asking for a friend...

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apples to oranges.

I don't have a problem with a long block if that's the assembly available. It's rare to find or for Ford to produce a running complete anymore. It does not change the warranty coverage if it's a long block, short block or running complete. I guess you could try to demand a running complete and let your vehicle sit for the next 2 years but it seems self defeating. The parts and repair plan are dictated by Ford. The dealer does the inspection and fills out the required cost caps, we don't follow their plan, we don't get paid.

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was so rude! How can you say this about a these poor engine failures and you have an old Landcruiser as your image!

PS How much do you want for your Landcruiser? Asking for a friend...
I actually sold it last year. Just didn’t have the time to keep it maintained anymore. I miss it!

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We had a 1974 FJ40 that we sold for scrap in 2010. The frame was shot. The engine was bullet proof. May have been worth refurbishing if it had the diesel. Which I think is pretty rare these days.

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] EE2D6755-2A57-423A-86E5-591878A3E6AA
Cool! Mine was a 74 with a SBC 400 in it. I did power steering, 4 wheel disk brakes, Dakota digital Speedo/gauges, and many other things. Kept it stock looking but with better performing additions. It was a beast! It drove really well and had great low end (RV cam). I miss it sometimes, but just didn’t have the time and energy to maintain it properly. Sold it for 4.5 times what I paid for it!