First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Range Rover SVR,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm impressed with the turn around time. Sounds like in 10 days he was back on the road. Well done.
Agreed, that seems pretty quick to have the engine shipped to the dealer and swapped. Ford must have a supply of engines waiting to go based on their knowledge of this problem.
Sponsored

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed, that seems pretty quick to have the engine shipped to the dealer and swapped. Ford must have a supply of engines waiting to go based on their knowledge of this problem.
I donā€™t think everyone is this lucky. Is it the dealership that makes the difference? Perhaps some dealerships are not in good standing with FoMoCo?

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
his Fordpass had the mileage at 15,265 . . see his post July 4

last week his dealer told him 2 or 3 weeks before they can take a look

0B840AF3-F861-4FEC-8290-6358E75F4155.jpeg
Thanks. Hoping it is something else!

On that note though, 2-3 weeks just to look at it is a serious joke. If he indeed needs a new engine can you imagine how long he will have to wait if they can't even take the time to order parts for 3 weeks.

Math4Fun77

First Edition
First Name
Nate & Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco-14 VW Jetta-04 Honda Pilot-71 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

I don't know if they in fact have engines waiting for replacements but I suspect something to that effect. When mine went down, the engine was one (if not the) first things to arrive. There was no waiting for one to be available - it shipped ASAP. The only tricky thing on my engine shipment was how it was shipping. Mine ended up being by flight and not ground freight but needed special approval I believe.

So, it does appear that they have some engines allocated but I don't have any factual inside knowledge on that.

I hope they have also started to resource and allocate the other parts needed so as these engines go down (if they continue to do so), the turnover time improves. It's what I suspect is happening. Also, maybe the supply chain is catching up???

Last edited:

Benzo520

Wildtrak
First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Happy 4th of July everyone! And what a way to start it! I think my engine has finally failed today šŸ˜ž
Might be the first engine to fail with over 10k miles?
Service is closed today but I can keep my post updated with what the problem actually is and whatā€™s going to happen with it.

C31A83F9-F098-46F9-953E-6267BCFF82EF.jpeg

718B642B-D4C7-4AD1-84CF-44BFF7EE0471.png

0B840AF3-F861-4FEC-8290-6358E75F4155.jpeg
Partial Update

this one from Monday the symptoms are bit unusual

We're waiting to see what the dealer service dept finds
Ruben plans to update when more info
UPDATE 7/13/2022: just heard back that the issue I had was caused by a faulty wheel speed sensor... dealer needs to order the part and should be an easy fix. The senor is saying my wheel is going 158 MPH at a stand still.

Sponsored

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UPDATE 7/13/2022: just heard back that the issue I had was caused by a faulty wheel speed sensor... dealer needs to order the part and should be an easy fix. The senor is saying my wheel is going 158 MPH at a stand still.
Yes! Thank you for the update. That's really good news for you and also good news for those of us who are in the build date "danger zone" but have gotten over the 8,000 to 10,000ish miles threshold.

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Before I sign my life away tonight or tomorrow on a Badlands Sasquatch that I reserved on day one, is it certain that this crap with valves or any other major engine defect has been resolved on a 2022 built on the beginning of this month? By the way, those with bad news engines, Iā€™m sorry you had to or are going through it.

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 58AFF2D8-2D25-4194-90FF-5A341DB503B4

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Before I sign my life away tonight or tomorrow on a Badlands Sasquatch that I reserved on day one, is it certain that this crap with valves or any other major engine defect has been resolved on a 2022 built on the beginning of this month? By the way, those with bad news engines, Iā€™m sorry you had to or are going through it.

58AFF2D8-2D25-4194-90FF-5A341DB503B4.jpeg
you should be fine.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you all see BN article how they were downplaying all this and trying to address the fact that it is a case now with the NHSA?

And they claim they don't work for Ford.

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you all see BN article how they were downplaying all this and trying to address the fact that it is a case now with the NHSA?

And they claim they don't work for Ford.
BN=Ford propaganda division.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I notice your engine failure numbers are slowing down dramatically. Proves it was an isolated event.
Well if you read the very first post, thatā€™s what has been stated since the data was accumulated. No one has said this includes every 2.7 bronco motor.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well if you read the very first post, thatā€™s what has been stated since the data was accumulated. No one has said this includes every 2.7 bronco motor.
Yeah, I got a chuckle out of that comment. But then, this IS a long thread. One day I think @Lucchese is going to publish a book. šŸ˜œ

ah, another RUD, happens every time someone says, ā€œyou see, it was nothing, there havenā€™t been any more blown enginesā€. Ha!
Sponsored