Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How much will tunes set ya back
My last tuner was about $400 with 3 tunes 87, 89, 93 Octane and free tunes for life is you ever change the engine configuration.
Sponsored

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thats... pennies
All things considered.

Interesting ?
Yeah for the amount of gains you get for that price it is totally worth it. Granted this was on an '06 Mustang GT but when I tuned it the first time I thought to myself "why don't these drive like this off the lot". Night and day difference.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah for the amount of gains you get for that price it is totally worth it. Granted this was on an '06 Mustang GT but when I tuned it the first time I thought to myself "why don't these drive like this off the lot". Night and day difference.
I just googled the pros and cons
Lots of wear and tear on the engine

Have you experienced needing to take it in for maintenance more frequently?

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just googled the pros and cons
Lots of wear and tear on the engine

Have you experienced needing to take it in for maintenance more frequently?
In my experience I did not, I drove the '06 for 12 years and put about 80k miles on it. Some of those miles were really hard ones, since I raced it some times on the weekends at a track near me.

Besides routine maintenance which I did myself, the only times it was in the shop is when I was having something done I did not feel comfortable doing myself namely bigger cams and a new intake manifold at the same time.

I asked the guy who installed the cams how my internals looked when he had it broken down and he said it all looked pretty good for a car its age. I am going to drive my Bronco for awhile before I decide if I want to tune it or not, but if I decide to I have fears about doing so.

I will say this though as a caveat, I have not tuned my '18 Mustang GT because off the lot it is much more aggressive than my '06 ever was and don't feel it's needed. The different driving modes really handle that aspect well. Hence why I am going to drive the Bronco for a while to decide if it even needs tuning.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In my experience I did not, I drove the '06 for 12 years and put about 80k miles on it. Some of those miles were really hard ones, since I raced it some times on the weekends at a track near me.

Besides routine maintenance which I did myself, the only times it was in the shop is when I was having something done I did not feel comfortable doing myself namely bigger cams and a new intake manifold at the same time.

I asked the guy who installed the cams how my internals looked when he had it broken down and he said it all looked pretty good for a car its age. I am going to drive my Bronco for awhile before I decide if I want to tune it or not, but if I decide to I have fears about doing so.

I will say this though as a caveat, I have not tuned my '18 Mustang GT because off the lot it is much more aggressive than my '06 ever was and don't feel it's needed. The different driving modes really handle that aspect well. Hence why I am going to drive the Bronco for a while to decide if it even needs tuning.
That sounds like a good plan and you've just given me lots to think about

I never once before customized my vehicle. The way I sold it was the same way I bought it. But with the Bronco I will be going balls to the wall with this stuff. So I'm trying to absorb as much as I possibly can. My immediate enhancements will be the stereo, adding tints, Ford accessories, and painting the brake calipers for appearance

But my year 3 or 4 plan is to refresh the vehicle entirely by possibly tuning in, and slapping a green matte wrap on it. Itll hopefully re invigorate my love for the Bronco (because let's be honest, by year 4 the honeymoon period will be over).

Toffs

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I drove the 2.3 in a Mustang this weekend — was truly surprised — in a good way — with both the transmission (10 speed) and engine. Granted, a completely different vehicle but it did convince me that the 2.7 will surely be sufficient in the Bronco.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That sounds like a good plan and you've just given me lots to think about

I never once before customized my vehicle. The way I sold it was the same way I bought it. But with the Bronco I will be going balls to the wall with this stuff. So I'm trying to absorb as much as I possibly can. My immediate enhancements will be the stereo, adding tints, Ford accessories, and painting the brake calipers for appearance

But my year 3 or 4 plan is to refresh the vehicle entirely by possibly tuning in, and slapping a green matte wrap on it. Itll hopefully re invigorate my love for the Bronco (because let's be honest, by year 4 the honeymoon period will be over).
I think that's a good plan and typically what I have done in the past, when the warranty end of life is in sight I go mod happy.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I drove the 2.3 in a Mustang this weekend — was truly surprised — in a good way — with both the transmission (10 speed) and engine. Granted, a completely different vehicle but it did convince me that the 2.7 will surely be sufficient in the Bronco.
way more sufficient than the 2.3

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've driven the F-150 with the 2.7 and it is surprisingly quick!
I too drove the f150 this week to feel the 2.7
In normal mode, it was ok. But in sport mode its everything I want in a vehicle. Only kicker is, the entire vehicle felt unwieldy. That's of course,, because its a truck.

I also drove a jeep and loved how it rode but it could use some tighter steering. It was very floaty

My question is, what about the Bronco will give it that more maneuverability aspect im looking for that non-trucks have but still maintain the power from the 2.7?
Is it the drive train?
My dealer in a few words tried to explain the difference id feel between Bronco and Ford f150

Sponsored

RiseAbove

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree that it is a bargain. But lately, I have been thinking of sticking with the 2.3L for my particular use case. I'm getting the 2-dr with rear seat delete and won't be towing. I'm also a very conservative driver. In the 17 years that I've had my Jeep, I can say with certainty that I've never had it over 3500 rpms. I'm a notorious slow-poke even being chided for being in Grandpa Gear even though I'm not a grandpa. I want to get the 2.7L if only for the better resale, but I feel that it will likely be wasted and unnecessary.
On a side note, tell me your plan with the rear seat delete. I am interested in doing this as well, so I can transport the dogs more easily. Are there any products you plan on buying to complete the delete. TIA

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The 2.7 is gonna haul ass.

The 2.3 is no slouch either. I wouldnt say its fast or quick but it definitely has more than enough power to get out of its own way. At least in the vehicles I have driven it in. (Explorer, ranger, mustang)

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On a side note, tell me your plan with the rear seat delete. I am interested in doing this as well, so I can transport the dogs more easily. Are there any products you plan on buying to complete the delete. TIA
Goose Gear Plate System (They don't have a custom solution for the Bronco yet, but they will once they get the interior measurements.)

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gearing can make a big difference, but I believe he had the same gearing in both trucks. I haven’t heard f150 with a complaint with the 2.7 and guys I personally know have come from a 5.0 or 3.5 to the 2.7l.
The guys I know that have the 2.7 LOVE that motor!!!