First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B4000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone else find the small gas tank on the 2 door annoying? For those of you that take it on trips you have to gas it up so often, do you take extra gas cans? This is my main annoying thing about the Bronco for me.

I take my Bronco to work once in a while and I have a 70 mile round trip commute. Every other day I have to gas up as it's down to around 1/2 tank. I usually gas up at 1/2 tank in all of my vehicles as I keep them in storage when they are not being driven. (I don't drive the Bronco a lot as my work commuter mainly due to this and the MPG). It just a habit maybe from hurricanes down here and I don't ever want to be left scrambling for gas last minute. Anyway, I find I am gassing the Bronco up pretty much every other day. I had a 2019 Silverado LD before the Bronco and I could go 4 days. Better MPG and much bigger tank. And my daily driver 2019 VW Jetta I can easily go over a week. I have a whopping 700+ mile range when I fill it up.

Next summer we are going to take the Bronco in the Georgia and Tennessee mountains for a couple of weeks. It's going to be a lot of stops for gas but doable I suppose.

You're comparing two totally different cars here. You knew the projected mileage and tank capacity before you picked up your Bronco. It might be a nuisance to you now but you obviously had no issues when making the purchase haha.

It's a small car so it has a small tank. It's not exactly a road trip car either, more of a recreational vehicle.

I came from an 02 B4000 so the mileage is exactly what I was used to and to be honest I'm more than happy with the gas mileage considering the gearing and tire size that comes on the sasquatch.

I hope you find other things on the car that make you like it more because there are plenty once you get over the expectation on mpgs.
I live in coastal SC and routinely take it up to the mountains and the gas capacity is never an issue or damper on my fun.
Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m getting about 340 + or - a tank it’s not a big deal. There are worse issues one could have.
I only get 225/tank with my lifted 2.3 manual. I fill it up every 200 miles with 15 gallons. I would be in the market for a larger tank if they ever become available.

Reactions: LCW
OP
OP

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
You're comparing two totally different cars here. You knew the projected mileage and tank capacity before you picked up your Bronco. It might be a nuisance to you now but you obviously had no issues when making the purchase haha.

It's a small car so it has a small tank. It's not exactly a road trip car either, more of a recreational vehicle.

I came from an 02 B4000 so the mileage is exactly what I was used to and to be honest I'm more than happy with the gas mileage considering the gearing and tire size that comes on the sasquatch.

I hope you find other things on the car that make you like it more because there are plenty once you get over the expectation on mpgs.
I live in coastal SC and routinely take it up to the mountains and the gas capacity is never an issue or damper on my fun.
Ahhh, but when I reserved it I did not know the gas tank size or the MPG. (I was hopeful for mid twenties, LOL). Actually I did not care, either, as gas was very low at the time and I was driving a 2019 Silverado LD Double Cab with a 5.3 that fairly well on gas I used that as a work commuter and had to gas it up every 3 days. When gas shot up to nearly 5.00 a gallon I parked it, bought a commuter and now driving that. (I traded the Silverado for the Bronco).

That being said I do love the Bronco and I did not intend for it to be a commuter. Although I wish I could use it for a commuter for my work but price of gas and gassing it up every other day gets old real fast! I can't wait 2 years to retire and will be driving the Bronco pretty much every day locally. But not 100 miles a day, thankfully.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I already have the straight out exhaust on mine, and I did some measurements. an 8-10 gal racing fuel cell would fit pretty nicely. If you remove the storage tray in the rear floor you could fill it through the rear floor w/a little hatch. I was thinking of doing this, then plumbing it to a transfer pump that just pumps the fuel to the main tank to refill...still a little idea I'm just chewing on ATM
Ya, I had a few similar ideas.

Best mileage on a tank to date was 365 miles with estimated 10 miles range left.

Hot cheetos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Ranger/2004 Pontiac GTO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my ranger currently I average about 180-220 miles on a tank, so I am not concerned at all once my bronco gets here. I wouldn't mind it being bigger, but it doesn't bother me.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Best mileage on a tank to date was 365 miles with estimated 10 miles range left.
I can't get even close to that. 200-220 is about as good as I can do. I seldom need to go on the interstate anymore, I work close to home...so alot of short trips. The few times I have taken it out of town tho, I would swear I could watch the gas gauge dropping!

Graybs

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's never bothered me. I've done a couple longer trips.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m getting about 340 + or - a tank it’s not a big deal. There are worse issues one could have.
I only get 225/tank with my lifted 2.3 manual. I fill it up every 200 miles with 15 gallons. I would be in the market for a larger tank if they ever become available.
I always run 93 and have the Ford Performance tune, but I'm getting about the same as you, @Bikeric. No idea how @stickshifthappy is able to eke out 340+! 🤯

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am pulling around 400 on average in a four door stock Black Diamond 2.3.

Ford Bronco 2 Door Bronco- small gas tank annoying? 1675794266329

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's the best road trip car I've ever had and I won't hesitate to drive coast to coast. It's not a Wrangler.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a 12' raptor that gets 14.5 mpg with a 32g tank and surprise my bronco raptor gets 14.5 with a 21g tank. I'm concerned taking it out west where gas stations are farther apart......
If someone would build an aux tank or even come up with a good mount for a spare can I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You have a bigger gas tank than 2-doors.....
I mean yes but there is still a huge difference in the MPG I am getting and what yall are getting. roughly 5 more miles per gallon on my end then yalls.
I have a 12' raptor that gets 14.5 mpg with a 32g tank and surprise my bronco raptor gets 14.5 with a 21g tank. I'm concerned taking it out west where gas stations are farther apart......
If someone would build an aux tank or even come up with a good mount for a spare can I would buy it in a heartbeat.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-modular-tailgate-reinforcement-system.45150/

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These conversations just trigger me I swear I saw them all day every day on the Ranger forum

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Considering how many miles you have put on yours. I'll consider your post as being the one to pay attention too!
Sponsored